• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Minecraft Building Contest [RESULTS]

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • Minecraft Building Contest
    Introduction
    Welcome the the Minecraft Building Contest, part of the 2015 PokéCommunity Get-Together Olympics! Players will be competing against one another to see who can create the best build that meets the contest's requirements. The contest takes place on the official PC MC multiplayer server. The theme of the contest is Greek Architecture or Olympics. You can interpret this theme any way you want, the more creative you are the higher your build will score during the judging.

□ □ □

Joining the Server
    For those who are unfamiliar with the PC MC server, it requires your in-game Minecraft name to be added to a whitelist before you are allowed to join the server. If you are not on this list, please post your in-game name in this thread.

The IP of the server is: 172.245.34.57

If you are interested in playing on the server after the contest ends, more details may be found here.

□ □ □

Entering the Contest
    For everyone who wants to enter the contest, please post your interest in this thread. If you are already on the whitelist, you do not need to post your in-game name. The contest takes place in the server's creative world, not the main world. A teleport to this world is found slightly to the left of the tree farm, adjacent to the main world's initial spawn area. Once you have found a place to build, please post the coordinates of that location in this thread.

The contest begins on July 6th. You will have one week to submit your creation. When you finish your build, please so say in this thread (and post the coordinates if you haven't done so already). Once the week has ended and the deadline has been reached, the judges will begin judging. This process should not take more than a couple of days. During this time, we would like all of the participants to review the other entries and vote for their favorite build. The build with the most votes will win the Players' Choice award, which is explained in the Prizes section.

Note: Griefing anything on the server is highly against the rules, and this applies to the contest. Griefing another player's build, regardless of whether it is part of the contest or not, will result in disqualification.

□ □ □

Criteria
    We will be judging your build based on four perspectives:
    • Application of Theme
    how well the build fits the Greek/Olympics theme
    • Concept & Originality
    whether you went with something simple like a Greek temple, or if you thought outside the box and came up with a more creative idea
    • Attention to Detail
    how well you used decorative blocks and such to add detail to the build, whether or not the interior of buildings are nicely furnished, etc.
    • Technique & Architecture
    whether the overall structure is nicely designed and built or crude and basic

Each criterion is weighed on a scale of 1 to 5 points, with 20 being a perfect score.

□ □ □

Prizes
    Prizes will be given to the three highest scoring builds, along with a bonus prize for the Players' Choice build. The first place winner (the player who earned the highest score) will earn a gold medal for their representing region, the second place winner will earn a silver medal for their representing region, and the third place winner will earn a bronze medal for their representing region.

All three winners, along with the Players' Choice winner, will each be given the opportunity to select one in-game prize from the server's secret vault, be it some rare and valuable blocks for the main world, loads of in-game currency, special command permissions, or more! Each prize only has one quantity, so once a prize is selected by one winner, another winner won't be able to select that same prize. The Players' Choice award can stack with a main award, meaning that if the second place winner wins the Players' Choice award, he/she will be able to select two prizes. The first place winner will have first dibs on a prize, then second, third, and then players' choice. This priority only lasts for one week after the contest ends, so claim your prize as soon as possible!

All participants will receive a PC emblem to be proudly displayed on your profile!

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    ues thank you for changing text colour (party)

joining my ass here too

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I'm in! Not sure what to do but I'll figure it out ;)

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I don't think i'll have enough flexibility to join in on the hardcore thing, but I know for sure i'll have enough time for this ;). Count me in!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I haven't played MC in a while, so I dont expect to win. But the goal is to have fun, and have fun is what I will do!!!

In game name: BadSheep86 And I am not whitelisted.

I also have some questions. Will copy and pasting be allowed? Also is the use of TNT for terraforming allowed? Finally, can we use command blocks and commands to import player heads?

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I haven't played MC in a while, so I dont expect to win. But the goal is to have fun, and have fun is what I will do!!!

In game name: BadSheep86 And I am not whitelisted.

I also have some questions. Will copy and pasting be allowed? Also is the use of TNT for terraforming allowed? Finally, can we use command blocks and commands to import player heads?

You've been added to the list. Welcome to the server!

I'm not sure what you mean by copy and pasting, but if it's something that requires commands or a plugin then no :\

You can use TNT if you want, as long as you keep it away from other peoples' properties ;P It's possible that one of the plugins might have TNT blasts disabled; if that is a problem then tell me and I can enable it.

You can't use command blocks, but if you make a list of what heads you want and how many of each, I can supply you with them.

Can we work together with other people from our team
    Yes, as long as you are all on the same team, but only one medal will be awarded per build.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • You've been added to the list. Welcome to the server!

I'm not sure what you mean by copy and pasting, but if it's something that requires commands or a plugin then no :\

You can use TNT if you want, as long as you keep it away from other peoples' properties ;P It's possible that one of the plugins might have TNT blasts disabled; if that is a problem then tell me and I can enable it.

You can't use command blocks, but if you make a list of what heads you want and how many of each, I can supply you with them.

Thanks! I just went on to the server and I am planning my build! Copy and pasting is an in-game command that does not require mods, command blocks (can be done with them though), or plug-ins. I can teach and show you how to do to it if you want on the server!

Ok thanks!

Awesome- I shouldn't need them, but if I do, Ill be sure to alert you!

Back