• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Personalised Pokemon Egg

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • As most of you guys would know in the Anime, there is no generic Pokemon egg design, the eggs are designed to represent the Pokemon that awaits inside.

Now i have always thought that this would be a great little quirk that the games could implement.

What do you guys think?

Would you like this feature?

Do you think it is a waste of time?

It also just hit me that it would be great when you breed a bunch off egg and hatch the personality on the 2nd egg and put the rest in the box. Then a week later you have eggs in your box and have no idea what Pokemon they are this happens to me a lot.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    God yes. This'd be such an adorable feature! It would also help if you're breeding a lot of different mons and then forget what you were breeding. XD; However I'm not sure if there would be designs for everything, given that there is at least over 700 Pokemon and seeing them design a unique egg for everything, I... doubt. XD;

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Haha, it would be very hard to make over 700 designs, but I would love it! It would make breeding way easier! This feature would be great!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • When you think about it is 700 most Pokemon come from evolutionary families with the bulk of them being Pokemon part of a 3 stage evolutionary family then cut out legendary Pokemon the number would be pretty reduced.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When you think about it is 700 most Pokemon come from evolutionary families with the bulk of them being Pokemon part of a 3 stage evolutionary family then cut out legendary Pokemon the number would be pretty reduced.

Yeah if you just... did it for the final Pokemon in the evolution line that wouldn't be so bad for GF and players would still get to see some custom designs!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I would wanna see this implemented, I can almost never remember what eggs are which if I leave em in the box for a long time.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Oh yes, definitely! They should have implemented different Egg designs since the release of Diamond/Pearl, but instead... they only included one variation of a different type of Egg, which was the Manaphy Egg.

What I would like to see... is that every single Pokémon that can be bread in Pokémon X and Y to have some Egg form that contains a design. Almost like a pre-evolution, except it has the coding that prevents it from battling and such. Ever since Egg designs were shown in the anime, it has made me hope for Egg designs to be implemented into a main Pokémon game, but has that day ever came? Nope, not at all.

So I think it's about time this Generation has different Egg designs implemented into the game, so that most players will know what Pokémon will be bound to be hatching from that Egg, and not be a generic Egg appearance. In the instruction manual of Pokémon Gold/Silver, it shows two different designs of Eggs of an Elekid and Togepi, as part of an artwork that Ken Sugimori designed in the earlier days.

Yeah, I think it's been way too long without many different Egg designs. xD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Yeah if you just... did it for the final Pokemon in the evolution line that wouldn't be so bad for GF and players would still get to see some custom designs!
    I don't know, the final stage? That seems a little strange seeing as it's always the first stage in a Pokémon's evolution that hatches from the egg.

I would love something like this to be done though. It's the little things that count, you know? But I also enjoy the mystery of sometimes not knowing what you're going to get out of that egg. If they can find a way to somehow create personalized eggs (perhaps off of a Pokémon type, rather than design), and still keep the mystery of what may hatch out of it, I'd like that. Then again, they only ever really need to do that for a mystery egg gifted to you by a stranger rather than for when you're actually breeding.

The Manaphy egg is the only personalized Pokémon egg we've had, and I really liked how they did the design for that one. I think if they could implement simple designs that hint at what you're getting, would be cool. Definitely something where you can tell them apart though, because I myself have gotten confused by which Pokémon are in which eggs when I have too many of them stored in my PC boxes. Oops!

Years
  • This would actually be a pretty cool idea, and I don't know if 'It would be a lot of work' can be used as an argument against it (though I still think it's pretty unlikely).

As Polizard mentioned above, the 700-odd Pokedex consists of families of Pokemon for the most part, as well as non-breedable legendaries and so on, so that would only really mean they'd have to have a couple of egg designs.

I read somewhere that the 3D Pokemon models in use are just taken from Pokédex 3D Pro- I then heard somewhere else that this wasn't true, but on closer inspection the models are the same, just coloured slightly differently in some cases. So I think that individualised Eggs would be entirely possible for Pokémon X and Y, but I think it's pretty unlikely, just because... Well, there's no real reason to, either.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Yes, please. I breed over a dozen pokemon a day and using the Diamon thing in which you can see what nature the egg will have before it hatches, I get lots of discarded eggs. Then when I go back to hatch those, I have no idea what they are anymore.

That would end the suspicion everyone has when you give them an egg, but then again it would ruin the mystery egg give aways.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Perhaps they could put a feature in which we can disquise the egg if we want to give it to another as a mystery egg like for the egg swaps (the one's in game with the machine and stuff) for example.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Yeah if you just... did it for the final Pokemon in the evolution line that wouldn't be so bad for GF and players would still get to see some custom designs!

It would make more sense to base the egg off the first form not the final form.

Imagine a remoraid hatching from a red egg with suckers.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    Yeah i'd love to see that put in. Im not a breeder but i have been wanting to be one since i first bred a rattata in the Gen 2 daycare... Anyways though, i dont think it will happen. It would require a ton of new designs for about 300+ families and also they would need a lot of variation in one sprite, also, the effect will have almost no implement on the games rating. I mean like, we can all hope and dream, but GF is still a company and they need a lot of money to make these games.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm a pokemon breeder, after i finished the main story of course, so i think that would be usefull.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • I don´t think they will do Egg designs for so much Pokémon. What they could do is coloring the spots depending on the type of the Pokémon inside.

Last edited:

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I don´t think they will do Egg designs for so much Pokémon. What they could do is coloring the spots depending on the type of the Pokémon inside.

I would prefer individual designs for each family, but I think a compromise like this would be fine.

It would require a ton of new designs for about 300+ families and also they would need a lot of variation in one sprite, also, the effect will have almost no implement on the games rating. I mean like, we can all hope and dream, but GF is still a company and they need a lot of money to make these games.

I sort of disagree... especially considering that since these are 3D models, all they need to do is create new textures, which doesn't sound that difficult.

Yes, it's important to remember that Gamefreak is a company, but if it were true that EVERY LITTLE THING IS BASED OFF HOW MUCH MONEY GAMEFREAK CAN STEAL FROM US then our games would be far more unpolished. They can sell a lackluster product and still make money. Besides, you'd be surprised how much the little details can count in a game.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • This would be an interesting feature, but given the amount of work it would take I doubt it would actually be implemented. I could see GF doing a type egg thing though--you know, having an egg for every type mixture. Then you could at least have a better idea. I'm not a real breeder, but this would be a cool thing nonetheless.

The solution to keeping the mystery eggs a secret? Have a "mystery egg" sprite too. Maybe leave the original sprite.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
    Years
  • I thought maybe the reason they made the eggs uniform was so you could be surprised when someone gives you an egg midgame (like Happiny and Riolu in DPPt.)
    It would be a cool feature to have custom eggs, but I doubt it will happen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't know, the final stage? That seems a little strange seeing as it's always the first stage in a Pokémon's evolution that hatches from the egg.

It would make more sense to base the egg off the first form not the final form.

Imagine a remoraid hatching from a red egg with suckers.

Yeaaaahhh I realised. :( I was just thinking it would capture the entire evolutionary line but then I forgot final evos don't hatch so it was useless! Nevertheless, if not, then do it by egg group. Each egg group gets an individual egg.

Back