• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] [EM] Mega Evolution Insertion Problem

Years
  • So, greetings to whoever decided to open up this thread.

I was trying to insert Mega Evolution into Pokemon Emerald following this this method but something went wrong:

I don't understand what happened, I did everything exactly as said in that post, only changing particles indexes because I inserted new ones (though the problem is definitely not particles, as I changed those to the same as in the post and the result was still the same).
    So, can someone point to what exactly is the problem here?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    May have to do with the ROM version. I know I ran into issues when I tried doing my hack on FR 1.1, didn't realize it was a verison error until I'd broken the ROM lol

Years
  • Okay, I figured what is exactly a problem. It's not the ROM version. It's the Mega Animation Routine, because when I change animation pointer to any of the other animation, it works and proceeds.
    Still, I don't know what should I do next to make the proper animation work, 'cause I have almost zero knowledge in ASM coding, so if anyone can point out what is wrong with the routine below I would be very grateful =)
    Spoiler:

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • Okay, I figured what is exactly a problem. It's not the ROM version. It's the Mega Animation Routine, because when I change animation pointer to any of the other animation, it works and proceeds.
    Still, I don't know what should I do next to make the proper animation work, 'cause I have almost zero knowledge in ASM coding, so if anyone can point out what is wrong with the routine below I would be very grateful =)
    Spoiler:
    Why don't you use EM Battle Engine Update? It also has mega evolution and primal reversion.

Years
  • Why don't you use EM Battle Engine Update? It also has mega evolution and primal reversion.
    The problem is that EM Battle Engine Upgrade has too many features to implement. I want my hack to still be compatible with unmodified 3rd gen games to allow trading and link battles and 4th gen for transferring. I know this is weird feature for a ROM-hack, but that's the whole point of my little project. And because the upgrade rewrites damage and type effectiveness calculation, and also updates item and ability effects, I don't think it will still be for link battles. Added new moves and abilities will be a problem for both gen 3 and gen 4 connection.
    Maybe there is a way to implement only some features from the Battle Engine Upgrade?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    The problem is that EM Battle Engine Upgrade has too many features to implement. I want my hack to still be compatible with unmodified 3rd gen games to allow trading and link battles and 4th gen for transferring. I know this is weird feature for a ROM-hack, but that's the whole point of my little project. And because the upgrade rewrites damage and type effectiveness calculation, and also updates item and ability effects, I don't think it will still be for link battles. Added new moves and abilities will be a problem for both gen 3 and gen 4 connection.
    Maybe there is a way to implement only some features from the Battle Engine Upgrade?

You could just *have* the new move data, but *never* actually give those moves to anything.

Years
  • Well, looks like I will use EM Battle Engine Upgrade after all, because, as I tested, compatibilty of my hack with unmodified ROMs is ruined anyway due to altering Pokemon encryption/decryption data calculations (or something like that). So, I gonna use Battle Engine Upgrade, eventually. Thanks for you help =)

deidara9216

deidara9216
    Years
  • Hi bro, have you been able to carry out online battles with mega evolutions, for some reason the code makes PvP battles believe that you are fighting against yourself, is there a way to edit that?

Back