• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A curious question

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
Hey guys, has anyone tried to make a Pokemon game via Game Maker Studio?

It seems pretty possible, and with Game Maker Studio's drag and drop programming, it can be simple to do.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Well, searching for the terms "pokemon game maker studio", gives me at least one wip project on Steam, a youtube tutorial series, a Github project, and several people asking similar questions on other forums.

So, I'd say, yeah, you probably can do it with game maker, though personally, I wouldn't stick with just drag & drop, I would make at least some of the project in Game Maker Language. (Is that what its called? I know it has a scripting language...)

I'm not so sure of the capabilities of GMS though, so I can't say much beyond this.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hey guys, has anyone tried to make a Pokemon game via Game Maker Studio?

It seems pretty possible, and with Game Maker Studio's drag and drop programming, it can be simple to do.

I've followed the official course when I was younger, and I personally don't recommend it. Drag & Drop is nice, but you're not getting a battle system and what not without scripting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
I've followed the official course when I was younger, and I personally don't recommend it. Drag & Drop is nice, but you're not getting a battle system and what not without scripting.

I noticed, and I have learned some scripting from Game Maker. It's not a recommended method, but it can still be done.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
Well, searching for the terms "pokemon game maker studio", gives me at least one wip project on Steam, a youtube tutorial series, a Github project, and several people asking similar questions on other forums.

I think I can still do it in GMS. Though it'll take quite a bit of planning first before constructing a game.
So, I'd say, yeah, you probably can do it with game maker, though personally, I wouldn't stick with just drag & drop, I would make at least some of the project in Game Maker Language. (Is that what its called? I know it has a scripting language...)

I'm not so sure of the capabilities of GMS though, so I can't say much beyond this.

Back