• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Alain's Debut

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Greetings, I am new to the pokemon community and glad to be part of the group. I have watched a good, long running of the pokemon anime. I was wondering what is your thoughts on Alain, his Charizard, I hear Ash and he will go one on one. Who is likely to win the match?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    In their first battle I believe Alan will win because his has trained with his Mega-Charizard and learned a lot about Mega Evolution and Ash is now learning about his Greninja and that they can unite and become more powerfully. Yes he has seen other trainers with Mega-Evolved Pokemon, but it's different when you do it by youreslf, especialy because Ash-Greninja is a bit different from Mega-Evolution.

But I do believe that Ash gona win the Kalos League because of his Greninja and because of Serena.Serena has faith in Ash and she gona help him win the Kalos League.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • As far as the opening intro goes, it seems like Alain would win the match, followed by Sawyer and his Mega Sceptile. However, I do wish to see Ash win this round and see Alain's furious reaction from the fourth Mega Evolution special again due to losing to a Pokémon that didn't Mega Evolve.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The New year Special refer Alain as Ash's strongest rival --

Spoiler:

Even though Ash & Alain is not competing for similar goal and Alain only has a charizard.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    In my opinion Alain will win the battle and Ash will lose. After watching Pokémon XY Special: Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV I had a feeling that he would succeed. Ash still has a chance though.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    If there's any truth to the idea of Alan being Satoshi's "strongest rival", then it's pretty likely that Alan and Mega Lizardon will defeat Satoshi and Gekkouga in their first battle (XY&Z013). That's how these things usually go. And then Satoshi may defeat Alan in a second, more important battle later down the line after he and Gekkouga have come to understand what this new form is and how to use it effectively. As for my general thoughts on the whole thing, it's pretty interesting for a couple of reasons:

One is that unlike Satoshi's other rival, Shōta (or any of the others rivals Satoshi has had in the past, e.g. Shinji), Alan has other purposes in this series and doesn't only exist to fight Satoshi. The Strongest Mega Evolution mini-series has given Alan his own story, his own relationships to characters like Platane and Fleur-de-lis, and his own goals (to become the strongest Mega Evolution trainer with Lizardon; to find a cure for Manon's Harimaron). Alan isn't going after Gym Badges and isn't trying to enter the Kalos League. Satoshi isn't on a quest to become the strongest Mega Evolution trainer.

Really, when you get right down to it, Satoshi and Alan don't have a lot to do with each other – save for the fact that both possess a Mega Evolution/Mega Evolution-equivalent. And yet, if marketing is to be believe, the series is still positioning the two as rivals. I want to see how that works out: is Alan going to play a substantial role in the Satoshi-Gekkouga arc, even as just the primary antagonist that Satoshi and Gekkouga have to overcome? Is Satoshi going to have something to do with Alan discovering the kind of person Fleur-de-lis truly is? Are the two going to learn anything substantial from one another that moves them forward in their journeys? I'm interested in seeing how that plays out, and I imagine XY&Z013 will hold some indication as to what the answer to those questions will be.

Another reason I'm interested in this is really simple. Clearly, the series is well-aware of how strong Alan is – since they're calling him "Satoshi's strongest rival", and all. The Strongest Mega Evolution: Act IV had Alan defeating Pachira, a member of the Elite 4, as well as nine other Mega Evolution trainers. Should Satoshi actually succeed in defeating Alan at some point during XY&Z, what would that say about his strength (assuming, of course, that it says anything at all)?

Back