• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHAT IS THIS CARD??????

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2019
    Hey guys! Sorry for the caps, I just wanted to get noticed xD. Well this is my first post on this forum, I actually made this account specifically to ask this one question. Back in the day I used to be an avid Pokemon card collector but because of school, I had less and less time and lost interest :( . but there was this one card that I got out of a pack a couple years back. I checked multiple times and this card is 99% legit with correct artwork, dimensions everything. It is a nuzleaf diamond and pearl card, nothing special, but it has a strange grainy, metallic texture to it. Physically it feels more 3D and has a foil / sandpaper like feel. Can I pls get info on this card??

WHAT IS THIS CARD??????

WHAT IS THIS CARD??????

WHAT IS THIS CARD??????

SceptileActual

Sceptile, The Forest Pokémon.
    Years
  • Most likely a factory mishap, I don't know too much about it but it's probaly a variant as I found a few pics very similar to it.

1. Original
    2. Unknown variant
    WHAT IS THIS CARD??????
    WHAT IS THIS CARD??????

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys! Sorry for the caps, I just wanted to get noticed xD. Well this is my first post on this forum, I actually made this account specifically to ask this one question. Back in the day I used to be an avid Pokemon card collector but because of school, I had less and less time and lost interest :( . but there was this one card that I got out of a pack a couple years back. I checked multiple times and this card is 99% legit with correct artwork, dimensions everything. It is a nuzleaf diamond and pearl card, nothing special, but it has a strange grainy, metallic texture to it. Physically it feels more 3D and has a foil / sandpaper like feel. Can I pls get info on this card??

View attachment 89341

View attachment 89342

View attachment 89343

Most likely a factory mishap, I don't know too much about it but it's probaly a variant as I found a few pics very similar to it.

1. Original
    2. Unknown variant
    WHAT IS THIS CARD??????
    WHAT IS THIS CARD??????

Actually, it's a fake/counterfeit. The fonts for the attacks are completely wrong, and that particular grainy and metallic texture was never used on any official cards. And on top of that, textured cards didn't release until a couple years after the Diamond & Pearl base set (Alph Lithograph in the HeartGold SoulSilver set was the first, if my memory serves).

Back