• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The blank keys between the cntrl key and arrow keys on a laptop keyboard

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • EyBP4rAXAAAWW3f

Does anyone know what those things are called? I pointed it out with two red arrows.

one of mine popped off, rubber included, and now I have to have tape underneath that spot just to use my keyboard. I don't know what they are, and if they're replacable at all, so I have to ask pokecommunity, since Google isn't of any help.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    They are probably called "spacers".

Years
  • What model laptop do you have?

I know what you are talking about but those are typically found on older laptops (from the 1990s and early 2000s) but I can't imagine that they would affect use of other keys if they were popped off, unless they were connected with a neighboring key in some way.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • What model laptop do you have?

I know what you are talking about but those are typically found on older laptops (from the 1990s and early 2000s) but I can't imagine that they would affect use of other keys if they were popped off, unless they were connected with a neighboring key in some way.

I have a Dell Latitude E6400. I'm not sure which particular year this one came out, but when I bought it, it had already been upgraded to be Windows 10, and whatnot.

I honestly don't know, I noticed it was loose and that half of the keys on my keyboard would not respond unless I pressed down on the metal after that cover came off (until taping the metal down) it could just be faulty, or something, I did buy this computer used.

Back