• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] oh dear i suppose i might as well do this

justletmedownloadthings

i once got a set of "pukey-mon" cards at the age o
Years
  • hi hello everyone

i would have introduced myself with a proper name but I am a strange and anxious critter and i want this account seperate from my social media for some reason (though i will probably connect the two in the future anyway) so i suppose you can call me whatever you would like until i think of something (if i do).

as evidenced by my username it may be obvious as to what i signed up for, or at least for the first 10 seconds upon making this account.
    immediately after a quick scan of the rules though i had started to worry, well, gee, if this is my One Account then i guess i might as well use this for legitimate things. so i will!
    (i have heard that username changes are possible but until i think of one better than this i will pretend that it's ironic i suppose)

i decided that i should at least make it clear i'm not here to slurp up files here like some type of data mosquito, but i had become interested in ROM hacking, namely FireRed version because that's the one that everyone does and so it has oodles of tools for it. (which also happen to be on this forum) and i was like "well i guess i will make an account"

i have not played Pokemon games in several years and I admittedly became disillusioned with it after Sun and Moon but I hope that at least re-experiencing some of the older games can rekindle the love i had for the series.
    if you are wondering though, my favorite games are Pokemon Black and maybe Pokemon HeartGold as well (i feel like HG/SS are underrated and nobody talks about them ever) and the first game I played was Ruby.

i hope that my horrible ugliness won't be a distraction to you i haven't caused too much of a stir from my sheer existence upon this website but I am probably not going to be very active admittedly, as i haven't been on any forums in years and i get very shy on them.

(and if any moderators are questioning my questionable IP address, i signed up on a VPN and i am too scared to turn it off, or at least before i make a disclaimer like this.)

hopefully this will not be my only post

Years
  • Honestly that's a pretty amusing name lol, welcome!! Feel free to request a name change when you're ready yeah, it's all good (unless you want to use a taken name from an inactive account, then you'll need 50 posts)!

BW are A+ and my favorites too, so I approve of your taste \o/ You seem cool overall definitely don't call yourself ugly either so hopefully you stick around!!

Years
  • 'oh dear i suppose i might as well do this'
    You sound super enthusiastic xD

Hello and welcome to the forums!
    HG/SS were great! It was the first time playing through Johto for me though.
    Not much of a fan of BW myself, other than the music =3
    My first pokemon game was Blue =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Hello there welcome to the site hope you enjoy your time here my first game was sun and moon that game got me into playing Pokémon

justletmedownloadthings

i once got a set of "pukey-mon" cards at the age o
    Years
  • gee, thanks! yes don't worry, the "horrible ugliness" thing was a spongebob reference. i haven't figured out how i should reply to multiple people in one post and i wouldn't want to double post so id like to say, yes, pokemon black has banger music but i also understand it's not for everyone, given all the weirdo mechanics that were put in there (though im guessing that was more of a product of the early 2010s in gaming).
    i think even i didn't know what to think of it at first, but i warmed up to it quickly.
    anyway, I'm gonna have to do some more poking around the forums and absorbing the culture, but hopefully i do more posting here.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    i haven't figured out how i should reply to multiple people in one post
    For that you click on "Respond" in the bottom right of each post that you want to reply to, then click the pencil icon that appears in the bottom right-ish of your screen. It'll put them all in the reply box for you separately and you can go from there.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No worries, just hang out and post around. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Back