• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the worst thing that has happened to your Pokemon Game?

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
  • What's the worst thing that has happened to your Pokemon Game? It can be any pokemon game that you have had or still have.

The worst thing that ever happened to my pokemon game was to my Silver version. I accidently spilled Mountain Dew all over it (including my Game boy, it's still sticky sometimes) and it acted really funnny. The screen was really dark but after about a day it returned to normal. Some time after the game reset itself so I figured that the internal battery got messed up because I had it for only about a year.

Another bad thing is that my friend had his DS stolen from him with his game in it. He had over 250 hours of gameplay and already had an amazing team set up and everything, EVs done and hundreds of berries planted and stuff, not to mention migrations that had been done.

Radikaru

moonrose
    Years
  • Nothing really bad has happened to any of mine, I guess...
    Though I did accidentally overwrite some saved data once. xD

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
  • Once i was at the victory road, and then i saved the game. Then the next time i open the game again the saved file was corrupt, so i had to start again. Now I defeated the Eilte 4! Yay!

Years
  • My Pearl version got deleted when my dad rebuilt the computer recently. I had around 20 hours of gameplay on it at the time.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • My game on Silver randomly deleted itself (although this wasn't so bad, as it was a new save file with nothing on it except a newly obtained starter).

The other bad thing that's happened was that my cousin got a hold of my copy of Ruby while I was playing through a Bug-only game (and recording the results in a blog) sometime when I was out with friends. When I came back and turned on my GBA to continue my game, I found her brand-new save file sitting where my precious bugs had been. That meant months of gameplay and carefully updating that online blog with my progress suddenly vanished, just like that.

The final bad thing that's ever happened to my game was a stroke of stupidity while working with Missingno on my copy of Red that resulted in my bag being completely messed up, which in turn resulted in me having to restart the game for the umpteenth time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    A couple of years ago when my grandmother spilled orange juice on my gba, my pokemon gold was in it at the time and it just stopped working. :/

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Traded for Pokemon I later found out were hacked. Sent them back to Hell, though.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • My game on Silver randomly deleted itself (although this wasn't so bad, as it was a new save file with nothing on it except a newly obtained starter)

Yeah, this happened to me with Gold, but I could never save the game ever again. I had caught a shiny Zubat the day before this happened, so I was the proud owner of a shiny Zubat for less than a day. The internal battery chip became disconnected and that's the chip that records your saved data. Every time I turn on the game there is no "Continue" option and when I save and then turn off there is still no "Continue" option.

SheiK

Rawr Blargh
    Years
  • When I was young, I used to have this awesome Pokemon Red version. Basically finished everything. One day, it suddenly restarted. It came to be that if I ever saved a game, it would always restart so I couldn't have a Continue option. I was poo'd out for a long time. :(

Pkmnmasta

Fan Since 1998!
    Years
  • I had it happen to me two times:

Once in the Yellow version where I had the pokedex almost completed and about 100 hours of gameplay. One morning...the data's gone. It's kinda my fault for turning off the game before it saving completly.

The other time, I had dropped my Gold version into the toilet. I worked for a little bit before all the Data was gone. And everytime I start a new game save, it keeps disspearing. Sucky...

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • On my first gold file I had the strongest file ever, then I felt like starting over for fun, and I accidently saved it :(, and also in the crystal version I shared w/ my sister I put it in my bathing suit pokect one summer then jumped in the pool..., but it was fine after we dried it w/ a blow dryer and in the same pool i found a blue version that still worked, and had every pokemon on it (including mew) I traded those to my gold before it got deleted, :(

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Another bad thing is that my friend had his DS stolen from him with his game in it. He had over 250 hours of gameplay and already had an amazing team set up and everything, EVs done and hundreds of berries planted and stuff, not to mention migrations that had been done.

Same here (but replace 250 hours with 164:24)

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • My brother copied over my very first Blue Version files....;-;
    Luckily I had traded over most of my good pokemon to Silver, but it still kinda hurt that I couldn't play Stadium with them...

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
  • I completely h4x0red my ruby version >_> I'm restarting it after my friend is done taking the pokes he wants >_> Also one day when I was on vacation, the housekeepers put chocolate on the bed and so I took it and put it in my pocket. I accidently put my GBA SP in the same pocket..It was summer..T_T(Luckily that was my megaman battle network 5 and not my LG)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • This thread makes me depressed.

One time, I lent my Pokemon Pinball to a kid in my neighborhood. I never saw that kid again.

Years
  • Nothing really happened to my pokemon game. But along time ago, when my cousin had one on the old pomkemon before they made it gameboy advance. I was playing a new file in his pokemon game and by accident I saved the game data that I was playing and my cousin had to start over.

Harper

Crazy guy with red hair...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    me i had 200 hours of gameplay at least on my saph, before the leafgreen was out. i had this kwl teamof pokemon, latios and lots of others. let the neighbour play with it and he saved over it. it makes me wana throw a car at him just thinking about it!
    Whatever you do guys, never let a lil kid play ur game, no matter how much he/she begs or says they'll be careful! they are LYING!!!!! they r all out to get you and save over your file!
    PS and by lil kid i mean anyone under the age of 100 and even then, be careful... so that means don't let anyone play your game!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    My Pokemon Silver has been last for nearly 4 years now. It was my favourite game - I had 2 shines in that game, a Ponita, and a lv 100 Kingdra - and a lv 100 Typhlosion and Lugia. I get so annoyed just thinking about it even now!

Back