• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hate when your name is taken?

Do you hate when your username is already taken?

• It has happened to me and I hate it.

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • It has happened to me, but I don't care.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • It has never happened to me.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • It has never happened to me, but it would be annoying.

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Souless

What?
Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I have seen on the whole section and I didn't found anything like this.

Well, every people on here have a username, do you use it on several places where you sign up right?

Well, one day you discover this cool forum or whatever, you go to the "Sign up" page and then input your username, e-mail adress, password, country and other thingies it ask you, then you click on the submit button and... BAM the error message appears. What did I did wrong? you ask yourself and then the little annoying message appears "That username is already taken, please enter a different username."

And then you have to enter your name between X's, [], ~~'s, --, or complicated numbers just to enter with that name.

But what you don't know is that... people will confuse you with the original one.

Well, that's enough talking and too less voting, so the question is this...

Do you hate when you try to sign up to a place and your name is already taken?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • To be absolutely honest....
    My first username was going to be Kura :x

Buuuuuuuuuut it was taken obviously xD I remember thinking to myself "awww, they probably aren't active either.." Lol. Eitherway, Chibi-chan isn't taken very often, but when it is, I have a backup name that no one ever thinks of.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Mmhmm.I get absolutely annoyed xD
    Luckily,I have the amazing talent of thinking up of something just as good in a matter of seconds 8D /brag brag brag

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • To be absolutely honest....
    My first username was going to be Kura :x

WOW. XD

My first name is just practically impossible to be taken. I'm serious, it's so damn long no one would want to type it out. XD

Dawg 2005... Uhh, that all started with RuneScape (blah), because my friend had 'Dawg' in his name, and I thought it was cool.

Since 2005, oh hell yes.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I've never had that problem, with a o-so original user name like mine it's not hard to get it. XD

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    It's never happened to me, but that would annoy the <censored> out of me.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Well, I've never had that problem before, and actually would be happy if someone did have my username.

Spoiler:

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    ..Yeah, i have a huge problem with this..Do you know how many forums already have a member known as "Murderface?" T_T

..The only reason i got that username on this site is because when I first joined up, no one here knew what the hell Metalocalypse was >_>

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I have not yet succeeded in finding another BlueberryPoffin in the world... but when I join non-Pokemon forums I have to think of something different. Usually just Berry. And doing the whole ~~~ thing probably wouldn't help, because if OtherBlueberryPoffin were an active member it'd still amount to a lot of confusion. While I normally don't have to worry about my name being taken, I imagine it must be annoying, because I like having one name to go by universally, yeah? :V

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • With an alias like "Lightning," unless I'm extremely lucky, I never get it when I sign up somewhere. I ended up taking "lightningchan" as my alternate alias for all the big sites, which probably annoyed the hell out of one person. XD; As far as I know, there's only one other "lightningchan" on the internet and since I got to all the big sites first, the poor kid only has that name at one place and I've actually seen him/her blog about not having the name somewhere. Haha, oops. I don't even like that name anymore.

But yeah, Lightning is taken EVERYWHERE since it's so generic and it sounds cool. :( It makes me kinda sad, but oh well.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Yeah. The same thing kind of happen to me when I first came to this site. I wanted my name to be Charizard. Just that simple name since it is my favorite pokemon. Still seeing that I wasn't the only person that thought of this name it was taken. After a few minutes I just added the maa part and that is how I got this one. Ever since then I never had trouble wiht usernames because nobody has been this bright to come up with a username like the one I have. haha

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I dont have that problem. Digimon fans are a small group and fortunately no one thought of Justimon, Who is (If you've watched Digimon tamers) is a pretty awesome digimon even if he's only a supporting character.
    As for my previous nickname I did have a bit of trouble with it because the name Poketrainer was taken when I joined. duh I just added a 2004 at the end of it and I have myself a fairly unique nickname.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2007
    Well, it usually depends. If it's a TV character from a show or something, I won't get annoyed, as I know other people can come up with it.

I do get annoyed with it's an original name I came up with, and I can explain the origins of it (ex. Shuricel: My dad told me seour meant sister, and I mispelt it Shur. I added icel at the end cause it sounded cool that way), and it's unlikely anyone else will think of it, that I get annoyed.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Mmhmm.I get absolutely annoyed xD
    Luckily,I have the amazing talent of thinking up of something just as good in a matter of seconds 8D /brag brag brag
    XD Me too.
    My First name was RazoREdge, I didn't even know that I could have thought of the name like that, It must be because Razor Leaf and Double-Edge are catchy..xD
    Though no one has ever though of Ryouki before, except for the deviaNT Art one, I don't know If that Ryouki is japanese or not.
    It's actually easy to think up a username, You actually have to like put two and two together, meh.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    This original user name is mine and mine alone. It came from a years-old fanfic my brother wrote, which was never released to the public eye. So I'm the only one who knows the name. This way, I never have to worry about these two somewhat known names could be combined and taken. I wouldn't be annoyed when it happens because it never will.

*knocks on wood* xP

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • This has happened only once!

When I tried to register the email

the_vibe [at] hotmail [dot] com

And it was taken by I don't know who, and they were also ruder than they should have been when I added them.

Back