• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hate when your name is taken?

Do you hate when your username is already taken?

• It has happened to me and I hate it.

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • It has happened to me, but I don't care.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • It has never happened to me.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • It has never happened to me, but it would be annoying.

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    It would be annoying to have to think up something else, but I guess they had it first, and if its a username that involves commonly used words or something related to the fandom, then I sort of expect that it might be taken. Can't be helped, really.

Years
    Thankfully my name has never been taken and hopefully never will be. I'd be so annoyed to join a forum and Firebird306 to have already been taken. I've always put the 306 on the end as a random number just in case it is taken. I have only been Firebird306 and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    I guess it doesn't really matter cause I'm pretty creative when it comes to names/usernames issue.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I really don't care. Actually I thought my username would look better between two symbols... but I hate the numbers after my name.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Yes Like for example some loser now takes the name Tatsujin Gosuto on this website and they didn't have the idea until I started putting my name Tatsujin Gosuto on this website and my sig or TG for short

:t354:TG

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's happened to me before, but usually nobody picks dragonslayerboy as a username. And I have a backup as well.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I don't really care for it.
    You can easily think of something else.
    I just hate when it says Username/password too short >D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Yeah I hate it when that happens and I hate my username since I couldn't think of something better at the time.. My old account still rots here with the name I want. But it's sorta unoriginal now since people copy meh. So I'll stick with the bland emo name instead of being a sorry clone. Or I could think up something cool. D8

As for emails, yeah they're always taken so I have to add numbers and whatnot.. :B

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Well, the name I used to use was Black Shadow, and I think there's another one of those on this forum. Another is Latias Tamer, which I had for years, it was so weird to see someone with the same username o.0 and they were actually active.. I mean, Latias Tamer isn't even obvious! No one has stolen my Houndoomed... yet *shifts eyes*

I voted for 'I hate it' even though it's quite funny when it happens.

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years
    Yeah, it's happened to me and I really hate it. The name I use here was used for that reason though (even though my old account under the name I usually use (Mimori Kiryu) is still here and that's why I used this name. lol) But its happened at several forums and its kinda bugs me. Though, then again, its an animated characters name so I understand if it taken by someone else. ^^

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Yeah, It has happened to me on PC.

Some of my ideas for this account were stuff like, Nightmare. That was my first, but unfortunately, it was taken. So I settled with Wish. I was surprised no one took Kurogane yet though xD.

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    never-ever happened, thank god. although on my buddy's pc account (which at the moment is inactive), i typed in his username, and 4 times the one he wanted wouldn't come up. so it was really really annoying.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    It happened twice: one in Youtube, where some guy picked up Went and left the account untouched for months >O, so I had to sign up as went22, and another in some other forum I joined to take part in a contest, so I didn't care at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    Nobody ever really uses the names I typically use (this isn't a name I typically use) so I've never really encountered a situation where people use my name. Plus, all of them are really kinda original, and if someone does have it I just put 837 at the end since I use those numbers a lot.

Lyndon

*shuffle*
    Years
    When i pick a username i try to go with somethin original, without numbers, when someone already has my name it gets kinda annoying.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Who doesn't? ><

My name is apparently a popular one because it was taken on anime suki(which I hate) and some other forums as well. But as far as I know I'm the only person loyal to the name Chikara.

Aaaaaaand I'm probably the only one who based the word off of a DDR song XD;

Back