• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

w00t! w00t is now a word!

Hakeen

-
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Strange... for a word to exist, it's not supposed to include numbers. (Well, last time I checked, there were no words with numbers... excluding Porygon2 and any other character that contains a number.)

Oh well, it's a good um word to use. XD;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Bleah, I'm not too fond of mixing numbers into words to be honest. They should just have made it woot, like it's actually pronounced (0 isn't a letter, dammit >.<). I mean, what's next? 1337 becomes a word? Smilies gaining the status of words? *Rolleyes* A future where we can write books in freakin' binary isn't one I really look forward to. :\

Last edited:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • 1337 has been a word for a very long time, Alter Ego. You are behind the times. How unmanly of you.

And I remind you that every character can be (and is) represented in binary, and thus we can write books in binary.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I don't usually use w00t at least in PC but it's awesome.

Congrats to w00t... O.o

@ Manly Man of Steel: But I still don't know what 1337 means. How girly unmanly of me..

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • 1337 has been a word for a very long time, Alter Ego. You are behind the times. How unmanly of you.

Really? I need a manlier dictionary then. .__.

Meh, whatever. I've never been a big fan of linguistic evolution. It's like, whenever enough people can't be arsed to type out the words properly they just change the norm. I mean, it makes sense in a way, but still it still seems so...sloppy.

Definitely not going to be writing any 'w00t's in my essays in the near future though; I don't think the local examiners are any manlier than me on this front. Wonder if they'd accept me writing in binary, though. xD

Years
  • Holy crap, REALLY! Wasn't expecting that. It's like the word awesomeness. It's a word, but you'd never guess it. (yes, according to spell check, awesomeness IS a word)

W00T!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well that is interesting. I'd rather just call it woot instead of w00t. w00t just looks odd. I'll look forward to new words being added to the dictionary.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Really? I need a manlier dictionary then. .__.

Meh, whatever. I've never been a big fan of linguistic evolution. It's like, whenever enough people can't be arsed to type out the words properly they just change the norm. I mean, it makes sense in a way, but still it still seems so...sloppy.

Definitely not going to be writing any 'w00t's in my essays in the near future though; I don't think the local examiners are any manlier than me on this front. Wonder if they'd accept me writing in binary, though. xD

I have to agree with Alter Ego on this one. Badenough we can't type the word, just chew it up & spit it out.

Slang (especially with numbers) should not really be in the dictionary. Especially when it makes little sense. If I ever see a w00t! in my essay, (unless, of course, it's quoting someone), I will beat the person over the skull with my trusty pinata bat.

But I'm a stickler for good grammer. That's just me. But I do think 'pwn' should be in there.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wierd....a wierd word to be added to the dictionary.
    ...wOOT!...........

~Celebi

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • I'm kinda put off that they actually put Internet slang in the dictionary. Feh.

Although, I don't care as much now, seeing as I rarely use it.

Korey

Wheeeee... :3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2012
    Interesting.. Saw this on the news the other day. I believe it's just stupid to put such a thing in a dictionary.

Years
  • Wow, these new entries never cease to amaze me. A lot of people I know say 'Woop! Woop!' so that could also end up being used as well.

I remmeber either last year or the year before where the word 'bouncebackability' became an official entry, all thanks to it being used a tv show here in the UK called 'Soccer AM'.

Strange things can happen, and are happening =P

Last edited:
    Back