• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

w00t! w00t is now a word!

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Technically it isn't a word, it's #1 Word of the Year for 2007. It's only the frequently used word. It's still non standard.

The supposed officiality of this 'title' won't make you any less stupid for using it, fortunately.

In the same way using swear words doesn't make you any more smart, because they are used so often.
    True, It's w00t is the number one word of the year, but then that doesn't really mean that it isn't standard, it also said:

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22205339/ said:
    Merriam-Webster's president, John Morse, said "w00t" was an ideal choice because it blends whimsy and new technology.
    So it's probably mean that, Sometime in the future, w00t or woot, will be in fact, be in the dictionary.

But who asked me anyway?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    W00T W00T Oh yes, I love that word...

Oh yeah, you guys who are saying 1337 is just a lazy way of typing, it has/had it's reasons!!

Okay... in Chatrooms letter created lag for people, whilst numbers didn't, so typing out Noob would lag the Chatroom whilst n00b wouldn't. Get it? 1337 (Which is leet BTW) is just a way of stopping chatrooms from lagging.

Get it?

I am soo happy about w00t now being such a popular word XDXDXD <--- I am really happy...

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Yay? It doesn't really make a difference to me. We use w00t like it's a word online, so it being official doesn't change anything. I'm not going to go nuts over it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    W00t at the top? Whatever happened to fuxx0r. D:

Anything from 13375p34k (leetspeak) has been a word for some time now, being put in a dictionary won't make the terms any more or less of words.
    Speaking of which, the point of this thread seems to be that w00t won some poll, not that it's "officially a word acording to some nerdy boffins no one need care about much". Hehe. xD

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    YAY! or should i say w00t! just out of curiosity..(im a very stupid person) what is leet? or 1337

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
    Years
    1337 means elite, which, was defined as:

elect: selected as the best; "an elect circle of artists"; "elite colleges"
    a group or class of persons enjoying superior intellectual or social or economic status
    (in google xD)

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Yay! Now if only they would make my word a real word xD People always ask me what ''meep'' means and I really have no proper explanation to give them.. I just say ''its something I say when I'm surprised'' but they still don't get it xD but yay w00t is a word WOO!!!! Oh I mean.. W000! xD

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Ah,
    What is this world coming to...
    *flips open dictionary* Oh!
    Look!
    lol,XD,ohmygosh,1337,aarg,and kerpow are in the dictionary too!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I think the awesome thing is that you could use it in an English paper or report or something and when you get it back and there are points taken off or something you could pull out the dictionary and prove them wrong. lol

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    l0l!!11 7hi§ i§ t3h 1337-sp34k!!1

Well, as much as I can type it up, I don't even see why people use it o_o It's so... uh can't find the word for it =(

Back