• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*▲* New Year's Tournament *▲*

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    DO NOT COME HERE AND GET MAD AT ME FOR CROSSING YOUR NAME OFF. IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR NOT 1) READING THE RULES OR 2) SHOWING UP IN TIME FOR THE DATES.​

New Year's Tournament​

Welcome to the New Year's Tournament! Zungie's Christmas Clash inspired me to create this tournament. I will be using the same set-up that he has so that there won't be a huge change between the two tournaments. The reason for this being posted so early is because we have to fill 32 spots by December 26th (the day after the Christmas Clash ends).

Rules

• Watch this thread attentively. Dates may change at any time without notice.
    • Make sure that you have access to Wi-fi and provide your Friend Code either in your signature or your public profile (in other words, don't just post it and expect people to go looking for it)
    • Speak truthfully about wins and losses. If two competitors cannot agree, you will both be disqualified and the liar will have to deal with the guilt.
    • Follow Clauses.
    • Battles will take place as 6v6 Singles. Even Heats will be like this because 3v3 battles require no strategy.
    • No battling others in this thread. Only post if you are in the tournament or are interested.
    • Don't make posts saying "For the record, I PM'd my opponent." Those in my eyes are pointless posts and clutter up the thread. If you feel you really have to tell someone, PM me.

Clauses

• Hax Clause – No using the following items: Quick Claw, Bright Powder, Kings Rock, and similar effect items.
    • Sleep Clause – Only one pokemon can be asleep on either side. Rest is the only exception which the user has brought about himself/herself.
    • Evasiveness Clause – No using Minimize or Double Team.
    • OHKO Clause – No using one hit knock out moves, such as: Fissure, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, and Horn Drill
    • Hacked Pokemon Clause – No hacked pokemon. Self-explanatory.
    • Uber Clause – No using ubers. A list of ubers: Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus
    • Legendary Clause – I'm changing this one a bit, instead of no legendaries, you may have at max one legendary.

Heat Bracket

1. Sabaku no Gaara
    ABYAY .17​
    2. Musashi-Kun
    ukballer .18​
    3. Ooka
    reaper121 .19​

4. Dark Azelf
    Venomancer .20​
    5. Shiraishi
    Name .21​
    6. Lil-Dill
    Glisctillery .22​
    7. GeneralGuy
    DarkCharizard18 .23​
    8. _Prince_
    PlayaFritz .24​
    9. Ito_Igami
    Venks .25​
    10. sims796
    Lady Nicole .26​
    11. huynh_192265
    evilcheese .27​
    12. SHP133
    Rasendori2 .28​
    13. TDB_leader
    Zungie .29​
    14. latioslegends
    supermandudekid .30​
    15. Minabii
    evtrainer94 .31​
    16. classicrockfan
    xxspeedy101 .32​

Quarter Bracket

1. ABYAY
    PlayaFritz .9​
    2. Lady Nicole
    Venomancer .10​
    3. xxspeedy101
    sims .11​
    4. Ooka
    Shiraishi .12​
    5. SHP133
    Name .13​
    6. TDB_Leader
    Lil-Dill .14​
    7. evilcheese
    Glisctillery .15​
    8. _Prince_
    Sabaku no Gaara .16​

Semi-Final Bracket

1. _Prince_
    Glisctillery .5​
    2. Shiraishi
    .6​
    3. Playafritz
    .7​
    4. Lady Nicole
    .8​

Battling Dates

January 1st - 7th Heats
    January 8th - 14th Quarters
    January 15th - 21st Semi-Finals
    January 22nd - 28th Final Four
    January 29th - 31st Finals/Prize Claiming***

*Fun Day means you can challenge anyone you want in the thread. Since most people will be up until midnight, you should have fun battling. Also if you're fast enough, you can put together another pokemon or two to help your team if you've noticed weaknesses in it. Also if you weren't able to do your Final Four battle on the 30th, then that day is your chance to complete it.
    **Dates subject to change.
    ***If you don't post and state the round you made it to, you will not receive your prize.

Prizes

Joining: For joining you get egg of your choice*
    Quarter Finals: Egg Moved poke of your choice*
    Semi-finalist: One EV-Trained pokemon of your choice
    Final Four: Three EV-Trained pokemon of your choice
    Second Place: A full team of EV-Trained pokemon of your choice.
    Winner: A full team of EV-Trained pokemon of your choice with items for each pokemon of your choice.

*If someone could help provide these eggs that'd be helpful. I am not able to breed every single pokemon or egg move every single pokemon so I will need help if those who can make it that far get anything. Also you for the egg moved pokemon, you don't really get a "choice" I guess you could say. Our egg move breeders will give a list of what they have and then you can choose whichever one you want off that list.

Donors

Lil-Dill - Normal egg breeder (for joining).
    classicrockfan - Egg moved pokemon (for making it to quarters).
    SHP133 - Egg moved and Normal eggs
    evilcheese - EV trainer
    TDB_leader - EV trainer
    xxspeedy101 - EV trainer

Thank you for helping out. ^^

Enjoy

Enjoy the tournament and Happy New Year! ^^

~desu Saba~

Last edited:

.Aero

Years
    Ok, I'll compile a list and once we have 32 contestants, I'll post the Bracket. I'm glad this is doing well so far. ^^

~desu Saba~

.Aero

Years
    5/32 spots filled. ^^

By the way, you may not receive your prize on January 1st because it will take a while to EV train 10 pokemon. xD As for the egg pokemon, after you lose out of the quarters and semi's just post here which pokemon you want.

~desu Saba~

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Hey I can help breed the pokemon but only for the eggs because Im not really sure about the egg moved pokemon. So Im only doing eggs, if I can.

.Aero

Years
    Hey I can help breed the pokemon but only for the eggs because Im not really sure about the egg moved pokemon. So Im only doing eggs, if I can.

Thank you. ^^ That's fine, I can try to get egg moved pokemon. Would you like to be in the tournament also?

~desu Saba~

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Ummm....Im not that good but...
    OK! Ill try my best. I would laugh if I make it to like the quarter finals or something.

.Aero

Years
    To reach the quarters you only have to win one match. And I myself am not very good. But I'm working on a new team (still IV BREEDING! 8 days now. xD) that I think will do well, since it has all the components for a balanced team. My current team is just some of my favorite pokemon thrown together.

~desu Saba~

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    To reach the quarters you only have to win one match. And I myself am not very good. But I'm working on a new team (still IV BREEDING! 8 days now. xD) that I think will do well, since it has all the components for a balanced team. My current team is just some of my favorite pokemon thrown together.

~desu Saba~

LOL! Yea same here. I might win one match...And same thing with my team and its a brand new team and its
    Elekid 36
    Shiny Charizard 36
    Pupitar 46
    Torterra 65
    Gyarados 70
    Staraptor. 80

.Aero

Years
    Levels don't matter since they'll all be automatically set to level 100.

Heats are just beginning battles to root out half the people. Like the beginning of most tournaments.

Are there any banner/userbar makers who can make one for this tourney? (I'd prefer a userbar myself)

~desu Saba~

.Aero

Years
    Hahaha, yeah revealing teams can be a drawback, although those who visit the strategy area know my entire team/sets. xD You might want to get new pokemon. Go to the strategy area and go to the request a team thread (stickied). And request a team. If you have a specific pokemon you like a lot, you can ask them to center it around that one pokemon.

~desu Saba~

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Are you being sarcastic?

If not, then really don't worry about it. Battles wont start until a few days anyhow, I suppose.

Nope not being sarcastic.

EDIT: I think I would be better off behind the scenes of helping the tournament. Besides Im not doing anything important during the winter break...was going to go to south carolina but then didnt want to go :P...So yea Im better off helping.

.Aero

Years
    You have four days to prepare (a lot more than it may sound). I'm gonna have to work fast but since I have a lot of time now I should be fine. But if you don't want to participate, I can't stop you.

~desu Saba~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back