• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    munna;; it's alright, a little plain though, you could add some effects, a clipping mask would look really nice, the render does look a bit pixelated though, the text looks alright, overall i think it's a good banner, too plain, could do with some effects, but nice. 8/10

----------

SUPER GRAPHICS SLUMP.....

The banner says it all o.o;;

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Uryū Ishida: Woah, I think it looks nice. I love the brushing you did around the flaming sword, it makes it look like that's part of the render. And the fiery brushing you did over her body only adds to the nice effects. I'd give it a 9/10., 'cause I'm not to fond of the black top-right corner.

Newest banner from Gummy:

Can't decide on the text.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Uyru Ishida: Wow! I like, I like :] Not much could be improved on this one. I'd try making the render a bit darker, just to see what it would look like. But other than that it's amazing! 9.5/10

Gummy: I like it, but it seems a bit unorganized. There's a bit to much going on, in my opinion. It almost looks like an actual picture. (If that makes any sense to anyone but me x.x) The faded picture of Samus Aran in the background is a little...much. But the smudging is good, and I see you've used those black stars which I've grown so fond of. :] Not one of your best, but decent. 6/10?

Now for my banner ▼

O_o It appears I've ran out of banners to have rated! Better get to work!

Just kidding around. (Yes, that rather lame line was my attempt at humor). I don't have any banners ready to be rated yet. Just thought I'd stop by and rate others.

Motsuko

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    sorry ive been a bit inactive, people, i just moved.
    clade.:It's pretty big and the render is kinda blurry, but nice grundge style. 7/10

current theme. rate.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Poke'd; IMO, I think it's a bit bright. ^^;; Then again, I'm sitting in a dark room. XD; But you've blended the render good. But the bright blue kinda doesn't really appeal to me.

---

I'm trying to come up with a new style, so I made this.

Featuring Lenalee from D.Gray-Man.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Akari: Woot, new style~ :D It's good to see you trying out new stuff. The text looks pretty awesome, and the glowy orbs look good. Though, is that big glowy thing at the bottom part of the render...? Eheh, it just looks out of place. And the render blending here is worse than in your usual banners. The line stuff down the sides make the banner look a bit too symmetrical, or at least the background. Ah, but the green looks nice. The banner has good colouring, overall.

---

I was working on this:

But then I got stuck on what to do afterwards. Any suggestions? :\ Oh, and general comments about it would be good as well.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Shiranui: I'm not sure if you want a rating or not and I really have no idea at what you're getting at XD. Did you make those shapes? They look nice.

I tried something new myself, hoping it'd get me out of this phase. Big thanks to Loki and her tutorial!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Gummy: My tutorial? o_o??

which one? *doesn't see anything related to my tutorial LOL* you're welcome though. xDD

Well, the first thing that shuts down my system is the text. D: The stroke isn't exactly too great, nor is the positioning. A blocky font probably would've fit better with the geometric background it's on.

Then, that blue brushing on the right really doesn't appeal either. xD; I suggest putting it behind the render, because it's just distracting where it is right now. The focal is kind of hard to find as well, and the colors are harsh and don't really... compliment each other, I guess. D:

The dimensions are good for the image though, as is the render positioning. :3

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    reply to Gummy: I was just looking for ideas as to what I should add to it. It's a work in progress, and I don't know how to finish it off, or what else to put in it. But thank you for the comment anyway xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    @Loki: Thanks for the comments and I used your Gradient Map and Color Selection tutorial (which I obviously used wrongly). As my trial period is coming to an end, it seems I still have a problem with text and color.

@Shiranui: I wish I could help more, sorry.

I have one last banner that I made earlier today. It seems all my flashy banners have been failing and this one looks simpler in my eyes. Let's just hope it's better.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @Gummy: Saber is awfully smushed in there. Though I like what you did at the bottom. *pretty sure I have the same brush set* XD It's a good attempt at the style!

Now, for something new, something exciting, something different at least for me. I'm not even 100% done and I'm excited about it. I have a few things to edit in the morning. XD

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
    Animadversion:
    Please note: The following review is coming from a newbie banner maker.
    Your banner is very dark apart from the left side... I would suggest lightening it up a bit, or just making the render a bit brighter so we can see what's happening. The font is great! I love how it is tucked away behind the render but is still visible. The font style fits quite nicely and is well placed. However I'm not too fond of that border. I think leave out the white spacing and it might look better.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

My first attempt at a darker style banner with fractals in the background. I don't like it very much but I need it to get rated as I am still learning...

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Gummy; The brushes are good, but like Animadversion said, saber is kinda squashed in there. ^^;; I assume you were trying to fit all of her in. When scaling down and resizing a image, try holding down shift while you're resizing an image, as that will scale down your picture evenly.

Animadversion; SuzakuxLelouch ftw! 8D That's starting to look really good. lawl, sparkly brushes. But since it's not finished, it wouldn't be fair to rate it yet.. ^^; I guess all I can say is.. I like the background? XD;

Perfectionist; The render of Saber isn't that... good. o.o She looks a bit over-sharpened and stretched out to much. I suggest the same thing I said to Gummy, about holding down the shift key while resizing an image. The background is nice, but if you were going for a dark style banner, it's kinda bright so I suggest on fixing the lighting. ^^;

---

Okay, still trying to come up with a new style. And I'm failing. D; I'm starting to work with bigger canvas now to give me more room in practicing.

Featuring, Yu (Kanda) from D.Gray-Man. 8D <3

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Akari: I saw a few people mention in your showcase, that your overusing a certain style. I'm going to say it again, you need to stop with the abstract and try something new xD. It's gets boring and then they start too look too plain because we've seen it too much. Don't get me wrong, they're nice banners but they are getting a bit too boring. Try something new, or make up your own style? I also noticed some empty space in the banner. You need to make the render stand out a bit more, because the text is what I looked at first. But hey, i'm probably the crappiest banner maker xD.

Here is the newly designed SOTW.
    I cant get the dots in her face away, because I accidently drew them on the same layer :(. Meh, I messed around with it and it came out too look a bit evil >.>

I really need ideas on this, cause i'm stressing out right now xD.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @CheesePeow: I... really have no clue what I'm looking at. It's waaay too contrasted. >.x

What kind of person would I be if I didn't post three versions of the same banner? =o

They all look good. I just want to know which one everybody prefers. XD

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    @ Animad:
    Warning: The next few lines are probably not going to make any sense to most of you.

My favourite would have to be No. 2. I don't know why...The colors of the other too just seem a bit too...dark?

When I look at your banner, it reminds me of the two characters being outside, while it's snowing all around. The more-bluish banner has a more outdoor feel, while the darker colored banners seem a bit dry. But that's just my opinion.
    Told you I wouldn't make any sense >.<

I am not must be crazy!

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @anim - i like version 2 since the majority of the renders are blue.

havent made a banner for myself in a while so yeah rate it.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    CheesePeow: I have a suggestion: maybe try making it black and white? With the contrasts and everything, I have a feeling that it would look better. Anyway, I don't like the colours. It's monotonous, and over-contrasted. Also, it's quite busy, as in there's way too many things going on in the banner. However, it does have a nice grunge feeling, which is obviously good. And the text is pretty nice as well. It gives me the feeling of old, flickering lights in a run-down motel room, if you get what I'm talking about xD Besides the colours, it looks good enough as it is. But maybe tone down on some of the effects, or blur some areas out, just so it doesn't look as messy.

Animadversion: I don't know which one's best o___o I'm stuck between version one and two. The cool, blue-ish colours seem to match the render more, but I also like the warmer colours of the first one. So, er, I don't know xD The third version seems to look much too empty without the fog thing from the first two versions. I like the text. You seem to be very good with text placement and font choices. But maybe tone it down just that little bit, or turn it into a clipping mask, since it's ever-so-slightly distracting. The background looks interesting, but I'm not really a fan of the scan lines. The sparkles/stars look alright, but I think it feels a bit... static. I don't know how to describe it >.> Like what Motsuko said, the stars give that snowy feeling for me, and it looks like the snow is just floating in mid air. Er, yeeaaaah :x

evilcheese: Oh, did you make the Sharingan tomoes yourself, or did it come with the stock? It looks pretty cool, and it's nice how the red of the Sharingan draws all the attention to it. However, I don't like the circle brush smudging/clipping masks on the eye, since it looks like there's dust or dirt on the eye xD And are those C4D's to the corners of the eye? Because I can't really tell, and it looks weird. Images like that are pretty hard to work with, though. So kudos for making a good banner with it xD

---

Lunar Knights ftw... but there were no good Aaron images :\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back