• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Alpha (MMS)

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years
  • Hack is still in production - When I get time from GCSEs

Pokémon Alpha - Created By MudMast of MudMast Studios (MMS)

concept%20banner.bmp

Spoiler:

progressbanner.jpg

Spoiler:

I will not tell when Pre-Beta is to be done
    Or the Pre-Alpha.
    The Beta's/ Alpha's will be released when most bugs in previous release are fixed.

thingsbanner.jpg

Spoiler:

storybanner.jpg

I am re-writing this
    - I plan on making the real story into a fanfic.

screenshotbanner.jpg

I have Removed the Screenshots for now.

staffbanner.jpg

Spoiler:

bannersbanner.jpg

Spoiler:

helpbanner.jpg

Spoiler:

credit%20banner.bmp

Nintendo - For Fire Red Style Trees
    Lu-Ho - Advancemap
    Scizz - Advancetext

releasebanner.jpg

No Releases Yet

Last edited:
    Years
  • u should make it in ruby
    and this is realy a good idea
    i would like to help u but right now i'm learning scripting
    wish u best luck:)

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • it is a de-vamp of diamond/ pearl with extras i will include.

some screens are up
    progress report is up
    staff list is up
    Pre-Beta is not up (yet)

after I have completed those above the pre-alpha the beta-testers will test it out.

i will post some more screens soon.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
  • sorry to rain on a parade here (oddly enuff it's parade day in scranton with silly hillary clinton parading round twn...i h8 her so anyway) problem with doing remakes/devamps is that they are not in great demand and appeal is not as great as more original ideas.

Now call me a cynic or merely a stater of the obvious, but I can't see the merit in making a clone of a game w/o adding something to mke it different enuff to stand alone. There are ways to get rid of the intro it's annoying but doable. And trying to mke d/p story fit into ruby's makes little sense to me.

I respect the effort, but as i preach and do myself, work on originality or perish. Now shiny gold would come up now. BUT it was the one who started the trend. Zel's work is respectable and a marvel. However, Prism is perhaps more deserving of emulation. 3 separate hacks based off the world that was created from brown. It's a pinacle of true talent and passion.

I'm not shure of your motivation of a d/p devamp, but consider the many other options you could explore. Perhaps if ur set on 4th gen, mke it a precursor telling back story ot set an original story in the land. Cause no matter how you spin it a remake is a remake no matter the coat of paint it wears.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    This hack looks nice. I'll look forward to it.
    But I have to work on my hack...

Antwhan

Years
  • Don't take it the wrong way, There's a good chance for it to be a great hack. Mind myself and a few of the people i chat with, a lot of people got gaga for remakes of other games.

Personally I can't judge the story in place from d/p (dont own them) But! i'm just going to say that if u make it less a devamp and more it's own take on the area. Perhaps make it prequel to the story or sumthing. It's just one guy's take on a hack that has some promise.

I liek i said b4, call me a critic or a cynic. Ignore me if you want. I, along with many here, have seen a lot of hacks come and go into the breeze. The more original ones tend to stand out is all I'm saying. There was a time whenre there was around 5 johto remakes going on. They nvr got much support or very far.

i wish you luck on whatever you decide on. It's just my thoughts i'm posting is all. Kinda the point of a critic dontcha think?

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • well, i thought of this earlier:

It takes place 20 years after D/P.

(i linked to the anime - the twinleaf mom was dawns mom)

you are the son/daughter of Dawn.
    the other character (the other male/female) is the child of Lucas and works as the professors fieldwork assistant
    the rival will be the D/P rivals nephew

i need to think of names for the male/female character
    i was thinkin of Luke for the boy?
    i don't know about the other two

suggestions anyone?

Antwhan

Years
  • good to hear bout story changes, always as plus in my book. And if you haven't noticed, this is one of the very few hacks i care to look in on.

Good luck mudmast on this noble endeavor of grandiose proportions.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • after my rom just messed up i am now 2 days behind.

stupid .BAK files that cant be changed

so i need to do twinleaf again.
    also on that rom, i was preparing screenshots to post, rom deleted ...
    some entire overworlds ... deleted

stupid laptop...

right now i am writing a loooooooonger storyline

Last edited:

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • on screenshots is just the origonal DP hero
    he will be changed slightly as well as the over overworlds

I will just make a TimeLine and add story parts in between some places in the timeline

now laptop works again i can update this project!

Last edited:

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
    Years
  • hm, a hack that take place 20 years after diamond an pearl? yes why not but, i think you really have to chance the graphiks, i have the impression that the player is as hugh as the house next to him, i also think you have to chance the OW with the same reason, they are too big for the houses and the trees. i think you should make your own OW in firered size, your own because it's boring when you player just look like lucas or dawn, you can make them look similar but special, like making longer hairs or new hats or maybe another haircolor.
    and what would be the starterpokemon? i wouldn't make the original sinnohstarters, well because it's simply boring cause you would have the same feeling like in diamond or pearl.
    anyway, i wish you good luck an i hope my critisim wasn't too hard

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • that was a test for the overworld editor

they will be changed

(did you read last post?)

just reposting to say:

banner V1 is complete

i wont be online over the weekend - at nans - no internet
    so ill update then and prepare for updates on monday

Last edited:

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • Wow... looks like a very interesting hack. I hope to see it out and about when you have time... I don't have much to say as the previous people have already said it.

Back