• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    I'm using Fire-Red. And by crashed, I mean that I accidently overwrote 8800001 script in Pokescript (something which you are apparently not meant to do), which seemingly has caused me to be unable to add my own scripts without the rom crashing when playing. Meaning I have having to redo my work.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hi
    you can export a map to a map file:
    file->map->save as.
    with
    file->map->open
    you can reopen it.
    to insert a loaded map you can use the normal insert function.

Greetz LU-HO

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hey Lu-Ho, I wanna ask regarding a-map, why you changed it so that Tilesets are loaded uncompressed? Wouldn't using compressed tilesets be better because they may take up more room but they can be edited in Tilemolester/TLP and we don't have to repoint them into free space over and over again, which means we have more FF left.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • i load the tilestes as they are written in the Rom, if they are compressed i load the compressed one, decompress it, to use it.
    if you change it i will save it back compressed.

so i have no idea why you think i should compress it... they are compressed....

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • i load the tilestes as they are written in the Rom, if they are compressed i load the compressed one, decompress it, to use it.
    if you change it i will save it back compressed.

so i have no idea why you think i should compress it... they are compressed....

Sorry Lu-Ho, I got my wording a little mixed up :embarrass

What I meant to say was

Hey Lu-Ho, I wanna ask regarding a-map, why you changed it so that Tilesets are loaded compressed? Wouldn't using uncompressed tilesets be better because they may take up more room but they can be edited in Tilemolester/TLP and we don't have to repoint them into free space over and over again, which means we have more FF left.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • i could add a option where you can say if AM should insert the tilesets Compressed or not in next version.
    if you repoint the Tileset in AM, the old one will be deleted. so don't have less free space ;-)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • i could add a option where you can say if AM should insert the tilesets Compressed or not in next version.
    if you repoint the Tileset in AM, the old one will be deleted. so don't have less free space ;-)

Yeah that would be great :)
    I don't use the free space from repointed tilesets from below 0x700000 to avoid any errors :\

Also I've tried out A-map 1.82's way of loading tilesets and it repoints the tiles, but they're uncompressed so they don't need repointing because they will always be the same size. Should A-map 1.82 be doing this :\

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hey Lu-Ho, I know the support for expanded ROMs is a priority, but is the feature for already implemented into the new A-map you're working on or are you still thinking of how to impement it?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hi

There is very much i have to do in the new AM bevore it is ready to releas.
    the thing with extended rom is always in my mind if i work on an a part of code, so I fix all position where it have to be fixed right on the "normal" work on the code.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hi

There is very much i have to do in the new AM bevore it is ready to releas.
    the thing with extended rom is always in my mind if i work on an a part of code, so I fix all position where it have to be fixed right on the "normal" work on the code.

Well, Good Luck on the new version :P

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Again with the map name thing
    If you insert a map we all know it takes the name of the games hometown (littleroot,pallette) and puts them in that bank
    Could you not just insert the map 'picture' so to speak
    EG
    BEFORE inserting saved map
    Spoiler:

then after inserting the map file
    keep same header,pokemon data,events and all that,but change the picture and movement permissions?

almost like you did with a-map 1.82 (when it asked you for the offset to use) only it replaces instead of inserts new.

I hope i made sense.
    If not i'll try to clarify this

Joceph

ギラティナ
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    i love advance map ive been using it for 2 years great tool nice work LU-HO

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I was hacking a firered rom and advancemap just quit on me. I tried using it on the same rom, but it either did one of two things. It just closed down when I tried opening a map, or it said that "advancemap has recieved an error". This only happens when I try it on Pallet town. Can you please tell me why this happened?

also, if this has any relevance, it only happens to me with that specific rom. Every other rom works perfectly fine.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Don't get me wrong, this is a great tool. There's only one problem I'm having with it.

Whenever I edit the Pokemon data on a map and save, go to a different map, then come back to the previous map. Some of the Pokemon data has reverted back to what it was to start with. I've tried to get around this by creating my own map from scratch, but whenever I go to Pokemon data on that, there's nothing there and I can't add anything.

Please help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back