• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official 3rd Game Information/F.A.Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Posted this on SPPf here.
    Permission granted by Blueberry to post this in hopes to lessen the number of threads around here ~

Q. What is this game?
    A. The third version of Diamond and Pearl, like Yellow was to Red and Blue/Green, Crystal was to Gold and Silver, and Emerald was to Ruby and Sapphire.

Q. Well, when is it coming out?
    A. Autumn of 2008, in Japan. (Most likely in September)
    TBA in Europe and America.

Q. Who's on the box?
    A. Giratina.

Q. Are there any new Pokémon?
    A. Probably not. But there are new forms of Pokémon so far, such as Giratina's Origin Form, Regigigas's Sky Form, and Shaymin's possible ice form. And plus, it is rumored that Giratina's and Regigigas's new forms can have levitate.

Q. Is Johto in this?
    A. Probably not. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it. Johto is pretty far from Sinnoh.

Q. So what's this I hear about Volkner?
    A. Well, rumor has it that Volkner is being replaced, most likely by a new character. Currently, it is unknown as to whether or not he will be a part of the Elite 4. (But I doubt it).

Q. Does this mean Jasmine is going to be the new gym leader?!
    A. Most likely not. It's probably a new character.

Q. What about the underground?
    A. The underground is officially WiFi enabled now. That most likely means you can go underground with someone else.

Q. Wow. That sounds swell. Do you have any proof?
    A. We have a single page from CoroCoro here.

Q. Who is that in front of Giratina?
    A. It's Cyrus, the head of Team Galactic.

Q. Oh hey, look, it's Lucas (the male protagonist) in the picture! What's he wearing?
    A. It appears he still is wearing his red beret, but also that he has donned some new clothes since we last saw him.

That's all we know at the current time.
    Please check back, as I, or someone else, will edit this post as more information is gathered.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    No stupid posts.
    No off-topic posting.
    No wild theories.
    No fillers in this thread.
    No posts like this:

Member said:
    cool! i can't wait until the USA release!

Three-line minimum on posts and please put some thoughts into your posts. Please. I don't want another spam pit.

Last edited:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Haha, finally! I've been waiting for this thread for a while. It was funny watching everyone freak out because of not knowing what the future held in store for Pokemon. But now that we know, what are we going to discuss?? D:

I don't think this is going to be a very good remake. Why? I don't know, just a though...

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Why no mention of the Battle Island, which was posted on Serebii's front page? Is there not enough evidence for it to be put up there yet?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    actually, according to the anime, Sinnoh is north of Kanto, which is... west of Johto?
    Johto + Sinnoh isn't really THAT Farfetch'd. (Pun intended)

WOW... so we can stop all the false rumors then, eh?

I wonder what Dawn & Raibaruu's outfit's look like?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Instead of baseless questions, please post ideas and thoughtful theories. This is NOT to be another spam pit.

This means a three-line minimum for posts. NO FILLERS.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Okay, mine as well get involved so it's something other then spam. :x

Well, I can't really disagree with an opinion as it's still a rumor, but whatever. Here are my thoughts on Volkner. In D/P he is the last gym leader whom lost his competitive fire and was easily bored because he didn't have worthy opponents as the last gym leader. So I believe since he isn't having a good amount of challenges... That he goes to the final member of the Elite Four. In the Elite Four, he will surely get worthy opponents that make it to his level. Also, a tiny note that he's friends with Flint, so the Elite Four knows him well, in a way.

Also...
    Wiki said:
    He has been considering challenging the Elite Four
    So he may challenge and defeat the Elite Four, and have such a good time, he wishes to stay. However before you challenge him he decides to hold off until your battle, and when you beat him his fire is back... So, who knows. -shrugs-

The question that comes up from this is, where does Cynthia go? Well, I believe she continues to roam around Sinnoh. In D/P she traveled around quite a lot, and wasn't battling as the final Elite Four member while she was gone, Volkner could easily fit into this because of her travels. And it would be quite nice to run into her for a surprise battle with such an outstanding battler. A great test of your skills as you progress though the game.

Well that's my opinion on the Volkner situation. The other opinion is he leaves Sunyshore all together, well we know he does like Sunyshore, also he likes to renovate the gym equipment. Meh, maybe causing black outs to the town makes him leave, meh. I don't really like that case though. We'll just have to wait and see really. I think he takes Cynthia's position as she travels around & about Sinnoh. Though, I hope Cynthia is still included in this game if Volkner does happen to take her place. o.o

And I bet he would surely get an upgrade team wise. Cynthia is a great battler, so I could of course she her staying as well. I hope if he does get the position his team gets a major revamp, as well... For me, he was one of the easiest gym leaders to be honest. o_o''

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    After seeing those screenshots, this is what I think the trainer will looks like:
    Official 3rd Game Information/F.A.Q.

My verdict: if all of this info is true, then it looks like the best game yet. I was going to buy another Pearl so I could start over, but with this game, it looks like I needn't bother!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I agree with Beachy- Volknor in the e4 DOES seem possible...

And the idea of Cynthia being a random recurring character that you *eventually* randomly battle seems rather interesting.

One thing, I wonder is... How does Giratina fit in with the D/P Plot ideas?

After seeing those screenshots, this is what I think the trainer will looks like:

My verdict: if all of this info is true, then it looks like the best game yet. I was going to buy another Pearl so I could start over, but with this game, it looks like I needn't bother!

from what I can see of the scan, the second seems more accurate.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    I was thinking the same, although in the overworld shot of the game, what appears to be the hero is wearing a blue cap and not a red one, which was fairly confusing. Unless, of course, thats' the female hero 0.o

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2008
    Pokemon Platinum??

i just saw this video on youtube about a new pokemon game on youtube RETYPE THIS IN www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=eSZ0MzXgX9M

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Well I think it's general consensus that the character in the overworld sprite is Cyrus, not Lucas. See the first post for more ;D

In reference to your sprites, I feel you did a good job on those, it gives us a fair idea of what the character will look like. And my thoughts on the Volkner situation is that Nintendowill recycle old ideas again and use him as the champion. Or at least do a pseudo-Gen I to Gen II transition and move the fourth Elite to champion and make Volkner the 4th Elite.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Οk this is also new so its not spam. I read another rumor. An event egg shinx. And an exclusive move. I hope its volt tackle. Also a leak from pokesafari says that the girantina storyline is deeper and there is this thing called the inverse universe that we can explore. God oh mighty thats cool.

Years
    For the Volkner situation, I'd personally like to see him throughout parts of the game, travelling about to find that spark to battle once again. The character could run into him every once in awhile, something like a side-rival where battling him is an option, just like a "Hey, Oniko! I made some tweaks to my team since I saw you last! Care to battle me so I can test it out??" situation. Prompts of Yes or No, with the battle not effecting anything other than his after-battle response (no "OMG I WHITED OUT!!" if you lose).

The character would eventually hear news (upon entering Sunyshore) that Volkner is challenging the Pokémon League, and you meet up with him somewhere there at the league, possibly before the battle, or a battle in Victory Road.. where you'd also fight your rival.

Also, keeping Cynthia in there as her roles, possibly filling you in on the whole Giratina situation (if Team Galactic is going after Dialga and Palkia, she'd tell you a bit about the repercussions of them doing that, which would involve a very angry Giratina).

When it comes to the Champion status as either of the trainers, it'd be a neat addition to switch off between the two of them depending what day of the week it is.

It's not too off the wall, and it's not something that'd be incredibly hard to do, so yeah.

Also, more Dawn battles too, I think it'd be extremely cool to have your character run into a few characters multiple times through and have them improve their teams a bit as they go.

And returning to re-challenge the gyms is a must.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    I have to agree with the re-battling the gym leaders, I was really annoyed that you couldn't in D/P as it just meant that you could beat rubbish trainers who aren't really a challenge. I hope this is included in Platinum :)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    i just saw this video on youtube about a new pokemon game on youtube RETYPE THIS IN www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=eSZ0MzXgX9M

This post is gonna get closed and heres the reason but maybe you can find why by looking at the stickies :)
    Spoiler:

dude who cares i made this post for the youtube one

And i was just saying its mostlikely gonna get closed

A) Its true
    B) I love the typo at 39 seconds :P

All spam. Some of you will get infractions.

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
    looks great, hope they add some signifigant upgrade unlike emerald
    for a while I actually thought this was fake
    thanks to the notice, i didn't see that in sff

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    A low-resolution cell phone photo appears to show a page from the June issue of CoroCoro that announces Pokémon Platinum, a new Nintendo DS game that features Giratina. Because the magazine has not yet been released, the authenticity of the photo has not been confirmed.
    The page offers screen shots from the game that show a new overworld scene and a new in-battle scene for Giratina. The male protagonist from Diamond and Pearl is wearing a blue outfit.
    According to a rumor quoted by blue skY, the game will be released in Japan in September. Those who reserve the game in advance will receive a ticket to get an egg that will hatch into a Shinx that knows a special move. The eighth gym leader, Volkner, will be replaced, and a Battle Frontier-like area will be added.

Above is the cell-phone picture of CoroCoro's page. As you can see, the trainer in the battle scene is wearing an red hat with a blue outfit. The picture also shows a Giratina sprite but with a new form. Above the battle scene is a shot with what many assume to be Cyrus.

Edit: Below is a closer look at Giratina's Origin Form.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back