• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've always wondered...

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    How can people use Jigglypuff to sing without falling asleep themselves? :O

Or pokemon with weather effects, like sandstorm or hail. It seems like the trainers are magically protected (this goes for the anime mainly) but in the game it should follow the same logic, right?

Tenbinza

Master of the Mighty Harisen!
    Years
  • I agree, like in the game, say you dive underwater with your Wailord and battle underwater with your charizard - It would die instantly (in theory).

Or say, If you use your water types (Mostly fish Pokemon) in a desert with no water nearby. You're Pokemon are basically defence-less!

The logic in both the anime and/or the games make no sense!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    How can people use Jigglypuff to sing without falling asleep themselves? :O

Or pokemon with weather effects, like sandstorm or hail. It seems like the trainers are magically protected (this goes for the anime mainly) but in the game it should follow the same logic, right?

Yes, but this is an anime and a game about monsters with special powers. I think that has the logic defeated already. But, in theory, I'd say that the Pokemon control their attacks so the trainers don't get hurt or effected.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    ^Well I read the manga and apparently Jigglypuff can control it, since her trainer wasn't affected but the audience felt sleepier.

Still...having Charizard underwater, I don't see possible! I think Gamefreak might've thought "Now who the heck would bring a fire pokemon underwater?"

Still, these events make barely any sense.

Back