• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: yomama's Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
Hey all! I recently started learning how to program in Visual Basic. I made my first tool yesterday. I figured I would make a toolbox thread so I can put my future tools in this thread. I'd like to thank swampert22 for all his help, and Darthatron for making the VB tutorial. I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

GBC
Gold and Crystal Version Leader Editor

Description: This allows you to edit any Gym Leader, any Elite Four Member, and Red. You can change their Pokemon's species, level, and four attacks.

leadereditor.jpg

Download

G/S/C Wild Pokemon Editor

Description: This tool allows you to change the wild Pokemon encounters in the game. For example, you can make it so that level 100 Celebi's appear on Route 29. Right now I only have the offsets for Route 29 - Route 31, so that is all you can change for now. I will try to find the offsets for other areas soon.

GSCWildPokemonEditor.jpg

Download

Poke Edit GSC

Description: This tool allows you to change the stats and types of any Pokemon. I know there is more info like breeding groups, etc., but I am still trying to find the offsets for that info. Here's version 2 though. Version 2 also has the items that the Pokemon hold in the wild.

PokeEditGSC-1.jpg

Download

GSC Attack Editor

Description: This tool allows you to change the type, base power, PP, effect, and hit ratio of any attack in GSC.

KNOWN BUGS: Rock Smash says that the effect is "Badly Poison Opponent" for some reason. Same thing for Iron Tail. Everything else works fine, though.

GSCAttackEditor.jpg

Download

Current Projects
-Poke Edit GSC (This is like swampert's Poke Edit DP, except that it's for GSC)
-GSC Learnable Attacks Editor
-GSC Evolution Editor
-GSC Starter Editor

Requests I'll try to get to these soon
-Leader Editor for GBA ROMs (Amine06)

Completed Projects
-Make a Wild Pokemon Editor for G/S/C
-Making Leader Editor compatible with Gold and Silver Version, instead of just Crystal Version
-GSC Attack Editor (can change type, hit ratio, PP, base damage, and effect i.e. 9.8% chance of burning)

Last edited:

yomamathecableguy

Years
if anybody has any tool requests, feel free to post them. i'm currently only working on one project, which should only take a little while to do.

i don't think someone's toolbox thread is the best place to post other peoples' tools. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

yomamathecableguy

Years
thanks. hey all i'm getting close to finishing making the leader editor compatible with gold version. i'll probably be done in time to post it in the morning (EST).

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
this tool looks like gbc game hackers will love.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
U RULE!!!

No, just kidding! But still, I LOVE the GBC hacking tools! Awesome!

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Yo yomama!

Great your toolbox finally got accepted, now you have a place to showcase your future works - that's great!

I'm going to add your tools to my website as you put them up here, if that's OK... :)

yomamathecableguy

Years
what's up swampert? everyone, swampert is awesome. if you want to learn anything about making tools like this, go to him! just thought i'd give a shout out. lol

that's fine by me. more publicity. lol. i noticed that you don't have very many 2nd gen tools, so i guess i'll stick with them for a little while.

i made a tool last night. it's compatible with gold and crystal, and i'm not sure if it's compatible with silver or not. if someone could give me a link to a silver version rom i could check. it allows you to edit the wild pokemon you encounter. right now there are only routes 31-39, cause i'm having trouble finding the offsets of the other areas, but i'll update it asap. it will be in the first post in a couple of seconds.

@melash - hey the leader editor is going to take a bit longer. i'll try to get it done as soon as possible. sorry for any inconveniences.

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Woo, nice job again Yomama, and thanks for the kind words!

You have progressed very far in such a small amount of time, well done my young apprentice... ;)

I'll look forward to you finishing the wild pokemon editor, It may take some time but when making something like this, you have to have patience. I know it took me ages to add Red and Blue, Yellow and Green version offsets to my Gym editor, but you gotta love what you do I guess...

Good job once again!

yomamathecableguy

Years
thanks. no problem man!

lol i guess i'm like the anakin of visual basic. lol

yeah the leader editor is a pain because there's no set formula, so you have to enter every bit of info into the program manually. that's a lot of code.

thanks once again! lol

just made a new tool. Poke Edit GSC. it's in the first post. I know it doesn't have as many options as the other Poke Edits. that is because i'm still looking for a few offsets. until then, i figured you could enjoy this one.

Last edited:

Hacker01

I'm a hacking ma ROMZ!!!
Years
Good job on the tools Yomama! I hope you finish the wild Pokémon editor soon, it's very useful. Come to think of it, all of your tools are!

Keep up the good work, I hope to see more soon... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back