• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: yomama's Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Wait I'm glad someone's doing this so I can get my gold and crystal hacks on the way but have these tools been tested for bugs and/or any errors? If not I strongly recommend it before posting complete tools like you did and noting any errors they might have

timmay65214

Is the "Idea" Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Thank you soo much i've been waiting for a GOOD selection of crystal tools
    again thank you

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
  • thanks everyone. i finished the leader editor. it's now compatible with gold version. it will be in the first post within a couple of seconds.

i'm also further researching the offsets for areas besides routes 29-39. i've found a lot. i should actually be completely done with it shortly. the final version will have 60+ areas instead of just 10.

also, i'm not sure if it's just my computer or not, but the wild pokemon editor stopped working for me for some reason. can anyone else confirm this?

timmay65214

Is the "Idea" Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Actually if you would like to help me...
    your GSC wild pkmn editor isnt working for me
    it says it saves but it actually doesn't...

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Hey, not trying to but in but when you're testing your tools put up any problems or so your tools might have because no tool is perfect and here's a slight chance you will be held responsible for ruining someone's game because they used your tools. Also, try and get read me files and license your work saying you can't be held responsible for any damage.

Off topic-by the way- your swellow in your siggy is messed up. The sprites bottom blinks unwittingly. Try plushies or cave of dragonflies.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • alright. thanks for the advice (japanese characters that i'm not sure how to insert lol). i'll start including readme files.

i fixed the bug in the wild pokemon editor tool. check the first post

i think i'm going to change the sprite in my sig anyway. i think there are better sites for things like that.

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Aright, I'm glad you understand.

By the way, It says Reality as Monstrosity. I prefer RAM.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • just to keep everyone updated, i'm currently working on the following:
    -Adding more options to the Poke Edit GSC
    -A GSC Attack Editor that allows you to change type, PP, base damage, effect, and hit ratio
    -A GSC Learnable Attacks Editor that allows you to change which level Pokemon learn the moves that you specify
    -A GSC Evolution Editor
    -A GSC Starter Editor
    -A "Misc" GSC Editor that allows you to change things like Buena's Password prizes (and their costs), max username length, and other things.

Last edited:

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Wow that's great! Hey, will your tools all be like darthatron's or are you going to make OW editors and Sprite editors too because TLP isn't the best tool in the world y'know? Or are you going to keep it strictly keep strictly programming on data instead of graphics?

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • yes, once i get most of the "data" tools out of the way, i will try to start working on "graphics" tools. (not quite sure why i just used quotes on those two words. lol) i will probably start my graphics tools collection with a trainer sprite editor or something similar. and yes, thank you timmay for your ideas. :) i'll be sure to give you some credit in those tools that you suggested.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • i've got a couple of things to add today. one is completely done, and i'm putting the finishing touches (debugging, etc.) on a couple more. the GSC Attack Editor will be added to the first post within a couple of seconds.

hey i just noticed that the Advance Map thread has 256 posts. anyone that hex edits understands why this number is important ;)

edit: sorry for the delays everyone. finding lots of bugs that shouldn't be there (i know, redundant, right?). i'm trying to get them up on the thread. again, sorry.

also, i will not be making a GSC mart editor. this was originally swampert22's idea, and he will be making one compatible with crystal version sooner or later. i'm not the kind of person that goes stealing people's ideas ;)

Last edited:

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Don't rush dude. From what I see your putting your mind to your work and you work quite fast and great for someone who just started a couple of days ago. (What is it? 4, 5 days?). Don't let the pressure get to your head from any one expectant ether. Like a friend told me before work at you own pace. Like herodotus said- "Haste in every business brings failure". And... do you have any idea who herodotus is?

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • alright man. i mean it's like they're so close to being done though, but then i find another bug. lolol. anyways, yeah. he was a greek historian, and i see your points. yeah, last wednesday (6 days ago) was when i asked swampert my first question about programming. i think i finished my first complete "tool" the next day. all it did was edit schoolboy joe's first pokemon in crystal version. lol. it had 2 options. what a glorious day.

edit: hey everyone. i'm going to take 現実として巨大なもの's advice and start pacing myself. i guess i dove head first into programming and didn't land on my feet. lol. anyways, i'm going to take a break today to work on a new rom hacking group swampert22 and i are creating. we're currently working on the site. come check it out. i've already got a forum up and running, so you can join there and post.
    https://www.freewebs.com/teamxstudios (our name is Team X Studios)
    after today, i will probably be releasing, on average, a tool a day for the next couple of days, then maybe a tool every two days after that. however, if you really need a certain tool, tell me and i'll try my best to get to it.

Last edited:

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • hey all. sorry for the double post, but i seem to be having swampert's problem. :( anyways, i'm going to take a new approach on the tools that i make. instead of me choosing when i make what, i want you to tell me what you want most. this way i can please everyone a bit more. ;) and btw before the wild pokemon editor was screwing up, now it's the misc editor and buena's password. ugghhh!! the buena's password bug is screwy, and it's getting on my nerves, but i think i've almost got it (sort of) lol. anyways, tell me what you want the most, like in a priority list or something (1,2,3,etc.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back