• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MISTY OR MAY?(revived)

Whom do you prefer more,Misty or May?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    Well! I want to revive this poll again as first one was closed and deleted. Anyway,Please give a goo cause for liking Misty or May if you want to post below the poll to otherwise just vote, don't post here! And May or Misty fans please calm down while having a discussion and if the quarrel seems to be extremely burning then i may ask anybody to leave this thread(even a Mod!) and he/she has to or an his/her further post will be considered as a spamm and an admin will be contacted if he/she continues.
    Sorry pokelovers but here u should make a decision! I didn't kept both/none!

As for me, I am a Misty fan and i voted for her because she is more beautiful,wise,experinced and help provider then May is! She is also one of the basic characters in Pokemon and so she's better!

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I appreciate your desire to keep the debate going, but a few issues arise...

1.) This is in the wrong forum, it should be in Pokemon Anime Discussion.

2.) Since the last debate, not enough time has passed to get new debaters to join, make those who would ruin the debate conpletely forget about it. We would have the same exact debate with very similar posts from the people on each side of the debate, and the few flamers who likely haven't learned their lesson from the last topic will come prancing back in to cause more trouble. Give it a couple months and we may have some fresh perspectives, especially after Enter Misty! Togepi and the Kingdom of Illusion! and the other AG Misty episode airs in America in the coming months (sometime in late September, likely). It's simply too soon to have a debate that looks anything different than the last one.

3.) And even if nothing happens to this topic and you asked certain people to leave the discussion or to calm down, they wouldn't. Remember what happened in the last Misty vs. May topic?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well... I only skimmed the last two pages of the other thread, but I think that's where the serious posts were... and it was all one person's mistake. As long as he keeps out of it, this thread should be fine. At the first sign of a spark, though, it will be closed immediately.

*moves to Pokemon Anime*

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I'm not going to go into detail like last time because I don't ahve the enrgy for it right now, but in teh alst tpic I generally said I prefer May beause she's a fresh face, has a palpable goal, and progessively gets better as she goes along, like Ash. With ash being my favorite and her being much like ash, I had decided to choose May. Technically it is what I had said last time, only with less words.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Y'all should know where I stand on this issue, if you don't, well, I prefer Misty. Like Pogiforce, I'm not going into why, I am wiped out and I'd rather not start another debate right now. Tempers might still be running a bit high from the last one.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I choose May over Misty mainly due to personal preference. I've never cared much for the hot-headed tomboy archetype. They scare me. And it is the preppy, bubbly girls like May that appeal to me IRL.

Besides, having May around gave Ash the chance to show his mature side. Misty dominated over him and belittled him too much for his character to show through.

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
    misty = psycho... If she was real she'd be in jail...
    may... hmm... not a fan of either... pokemon does far worse job on characters than other anime (tho i voted for may... she better lookin ;) )

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    i'd prefer misty...cause i hate may's little brother tagging along with her. but may's costume is better. why not get rid of brock and have ash being tagged by both may and misty. jkjk

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Getting rid of Brock for the second time in a season would be dumb. =P Anyway, on the terms on thi poll, I chose Misty due to the reason that she does have more character than May. Besides, May doesn't do much in the anime than messing things up. o_o; I don't know about now though...

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I think taht they both have the same amount of character. I mean sure, may may be a cliched character and misty was more original, but that doesn't mean she has more character. Character is basically how dynamic the person is, and May is just as Dynamic as Misty, even if she doens't ahve a secret love. If your referring to the character as in how fiery the cperson can be, May has gotten ferocious on a few ocasions as well. And Misty may ahve been around longer, but May has had a great deal of experiences too. She's already toughened up quite a bit, and has gotten used to a life as a trainer.

Basically to say that Character is the only reason why you prefer misty seems rather faulty to me. just my opinion.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    May! Sure I vote May! Shes prettier, funnier, and have a 1000000000 times better dub voice! Muahahahahaha! XD
    I wished she acts like Sapphire in the Anime XD;;

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    it's not like MIsty's dub voice is without a job anyway. :D She lives on in Jessie. According to teh Pokemon 4ever audio commentary, she's more comfortable doing jessie anyway.

on a level of image, I like that they actually used a character from teh new video games, which tehy did not do at all for Johto. It kinda helps it to compare with teh video games a bit easier.

And what was with that one person who didn't like may jsuts because of Max? Judging may for her sibling is unfair. that's like judging misty for her air headed sisters! And anyway, Max is cool! Fear the mighty "Max the Great!". Wishmaker reference. :D I'm getting goofy, i need to chill out now.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    really neither of them are my favorite i see good qualities in both that make them good and fun to watch, niether are really better, in fact they could get rid of all the charcters(except Brock) and put in new charcters i wouldnt care as long as the show still captures the feeling and experiences of living in a pokemon world

Years
    i like may, she gives girls the girl-girl image, but manages to pull things off anyways. people criticize her for that, but im sure that can also be to her advantage, maybe thats why she has a betetr wardrobe than misty for example, or why she even chose to enter pokemon contests. i guess pokemon stereo-types girl-girls to not be real trainer who battle, and tomboys to be the girl trainers. misty was a trainer but she never really did much. w/ may she hogs more attention and brings life to the show. with more talking and less argueing thigns go by farther...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I like Misty better. Probably 'cause I'm alot like her and can relate to her. May is just a girl who wants to be a Pokemon coordinator. I just don't know her well. Misty's best in my opinion and don't argue w/ me 'cause I don't get into fights where I can't beat up my opponent.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    It's a vs. thread. We're entitled to argue here. :D I look forward to see May progress and get better. I got really excited when I saw a screen shot of May and Ash double battling together against someone in teh Seventh movie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back