• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Region is the best?

Which Region do you like best?

• Kanto

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Orre

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Fiore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rye29

Oh what
Years
  • I figure I give this a try, so what region do you guys and gals think is the best? Could it be Sinnoh? Or Kanto? Share your thoughts! I have yet to decide, but I'll come up w/ something.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I suppose mine would have to be a toss between Johto and Sinnoh. Johto has a good variety of places for you to go, such as Goldenrod and Olivine, and also holds a lot of history within its towns and cities. You'd also be able to visit the Kanto region, seeing as it is a neighbouring Region to Johto. It also has a decent amount of ocean, where Hoenn overdid it with the water. I'm a fan of water and with it, Water type Pokemon, but...

Anyway, as for Sinnoh, I'd say it has to be because of Snowpoint, mostly. As you can tell, I don't just like Water types, but also Ice types; they pretty much go together pretty well, if you ask me. On top of that; though it may lack short distance travel to other Regions, (thus far; it is unknown if Sinnoh is connected to anything, at its North) it does have a wide variety of places to go, such as Floaroma Town, Veilstone City and Canalave City, with its oceanic travel.

There's also the island, to the Northeast. It'd be an interesting adventure, travelling along the rough road of that little island.

As I said, its pretty much even, with Sinnoh and Johto, while Kanto is just behind, and Hoenn... well... lagging, we'll say.

for me, Orre is too boring; I'd rather be in a place where wild Pokemon roamed free, and I've actually never experienced Fiore. (guessing its from the Ranger game, and that's one I haven't played)

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
  • My favorite region is Hoenn. I like the towns and cities, the Pokémon, the main characters May and Brendan and the other characters.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • I love Johto, that is most probably my favourite. I just loved the whole area.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Hoenn has too much ocean. It is ridiculous. Also, most of the cities are a huge pain to get to, and you have to lug around a HM Slave 80% of the time.

Sinnoh has too many pointless cities. It takes many hours to get to the third gym because of how it is set up. Everything is too out of the way. It's nice to have things spread out, but to go from Fantina to Byron to Candice is too much. Post E4 is nice, but I wish they had done more than they did.

Kanto is nice. A good amount of ocean. I like how everything is set up, but I do not like how there are 4 gyms all squished into one moderately small area.

Johto is the best. The perfect amount of ocean. (Hardly any). Plus, the connection with Kanto makes it even better.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Hoenn has too much ocean. It is ridiculous. Also, most of the cities are a huge pain to get to, and you have to lug around a HM Slave 80% of the time.

Sinnoh has too many pointless cities. It takes many hours to get to the third gym because of how it is set up. Everything is too out of the way. It's nice to have things spread out, but to go from Fantina to Byron to Candice is too much. Post E4 is nice, but I wish they had done more than they did.

Kanto is nice. A good amount of ocean. I like how everything is set up, but I do not like how there are 4 gyms all squished into one moderately small area.

Johto is the best. The perfect amount of ocean. (Hardly any). Plus, the connection with Kanto makes it even better.

iis okay with a lot of ocean & the cities of hoenn are easy too get too, incuding sinnoh.....since the world is made up of more water than land, its nice in hoenn with lots of ocean cause it depicts the legendary pokemon. it is also good for storing secrets...

im not disagreeing with your idea!, don't get me wrong!!, i just wanted too point out the many beauties of hoenn & sinnoh....

maybee you just didn't have a great start with hoenn & sinnoh, thats why you dislike them.
    try to have time to appreciate these regions, ok??(me not flaming you...)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Johto easily. It's got better Pokemon, more interesting cities, more interesting Gym leaders, and it was where the best game of the Pokemon series took place.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • with out a doubt, my vote goes to Johto. it had a prefect balance in terrain, with plenty of neat places to explore. Gym leaders who gave challenge at times. and well just so much more to it...ah the good old days (continues to hope for a remake)

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Both Hoenn and Johto [Though I voted Hoenn]. Because in Hoenn, there's more mysteries to know and Johto for it's good and wide places. Their geographic posture is good.

DragonFir3

Safety and Peace be upon you
    Years
  • For me, it's Hoenn, because it's mythology, secrets, beautiful places, huge sea with underwater caverns, etc. Along with Hoenn, Johto is also very "nostalgic".

n3

Some guy
    Years
  • im one who beleives in the "nothing beats the original thing so kanto will allways be the best in my book but i still love johto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back