• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Region is the best?

Which Region do you like best?

• Kanto

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Orre

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Fiore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's a tie between Johto and Kanto for me. Hoenn and Sinnoh didn't manage to cut it for me and I never got a chance to really explore Orre or Fiore, so I can't really say anything about them. Those two regions do seem to be a tad unloved by the people that have posted in this thread though, I have to admit. Johto, I'd say I like more because it has hardly any water to surf over (which is a definite plus in my book, I hate surfing, it's so slow), the cities are arranged in a cool manner and you can't really get lost anywhere. Unless you're looking for Lugia, even I managed to get lost in the Whirl Islands (but that was before I had a walkthrough, obviously). As for Kanto, it's okay, but when I was five or six (which is when I got Red, Blue and Yellow) I didn't manage to understand anything at all, so my cousin was always helping me when I got lost, which was a very frequent occurence.

Also, mewditto, you're not trolling hard enough.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
  • Hoenn is my choice, most of my favourite Pokemon were introduced there and the region itself is nice.
    well according to this poll Johto is teh best
    Johto always wins on these 'best/favourite region' topics, so it is the most popular region.

Vie

Years
  • I like all of them...but my favorites would be johto and sinnoh. home, sweet home :)

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    ^i do agree, all the regions are special in their own way, but i am requiered too vote...........

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • No really merto is real its the 5th generation of pokemon

Sure.

Anyway, I voted for Jhoto because there's so much awesomeness in there. Goldenrod City, Olivine City, going to Kanto for the heck of it, the awesome rival<33, the awesome starters...the list goes on and on, and I'm sure you don't want to hear it all. ;D

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I think Orre and Johto. Orre because it has so many interesting places to go and Johto because the Pokemon are awesome, it has a history to it, and it has many interesting places to go to. Also in Orre you get to play as a cool character and steal Pokemon.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • My rankings of the regions

1. Johto: It's just awesome all around. Plus it's got a link to Kanto
    2. Kanto: Since it's the original, it's, by default, second only to Johto
    3. Hoenn/Sinnoh: These tied. I often think of Sinnoh as a cold version of Hoenn. Anyway they're awesome but I hate the extremely tall grass you have to dismount your bike to get in. And yeah, I could just carry an HM slave around but I don't always want to.
    4: Fiore: It's pretty cool but there isn't much free exploration.
    5. Orre: I find Orre kind of boring that there are virtually no wild Pokemon and the fact that there's no free exploration. That's just my opinion though.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I like Sinnoh best because its like a real place with the changing weather and the time of day feature.

Henrik

d'oh!
    Years
  • I like Johto the best and I think Gold and Silver are the best games.

Johto>Kanto>Sinnoh>Hoenn

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I like the good old Kanto region best, then Johto.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Well I do like Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh but I think that Hoenn and Sinnoh are the best but I voted Sinnoh anyway. Then again I do like Hoenn the best. :)
    The reason why I voted Sinnoh is because it's a big region and it's got a lot of areas, even a snowy area which is pretty cool.

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
    Years
  • Even though my favorite Pokemon is from Kanto, I'd have to say that I think that Hoenn is the best.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Gaaahhh... I can't vote 'cos there's no multiple choice!! :D I love Johto as much as Kanto - maybe because I always thought them to be one region (which they are and not I suppose). I never liken Hoen much 'cos it was too big.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • I believe Johto is the best region because not only does it have my favourite Pokémon in it (Heracross) but you can also go back to Kanto anyway. I have no idea why they didn't continue that in the 3rd and 4th gen games.

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
  • Those last 2 choices....what are they? I've never heard of those regions.....

Anyways my favorite is Jhoto. The best region ever and the best game and TV series EVER!

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
  • I <3'd Johto, I <3 the sea. :) Places like Meteor Falls and having the ability to go underwater is always a plus. :)

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • I <3'd Johto, I <3 the sea. :) Places like Meteor Falls and having the ability to go underwater is always a plus. :)

I believe you're thinking of Hoenn as that's where Meteor Falls is located. Johto is the region where Gold/Silver/Crystal is set. You couldn't go underwater in those games.

@ ChikoritaBayleef: Orre is where Colosseum is set and Fiore is the region Pokemon Ranger takes place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back