• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Azolla - Adventures in Amami

Qwilfish

Years
    "Imagine...a whole new world!"

HACK OF POKéMON RUBY

General Information

After my **** computer shut down while I was writing this previously, I'm doing it again. Basically, this is a new region project that I, Qwilfish, have decided to create. It's my third attempt at doing so, and, depending on the success of this, possibly my last. A region project is the act of creating an entire new Pokedex, region and various other things in order to either:

a) Satisfy readers that the creator and workers can sprite.
    b) To create a ROM Hack based on the Pokedex. (obviously)
    c) For fun (usually the commonest reason). This usually accompanies other reasons though, as does the above (b).
    d) Other, like for spriting/scratching practice, etc.

I'm creating this region for the second and third (B and C for those numerically blind out there) reasons, but mainly for the second reason. I'm a keen ROM hacker and I wish to finally make a running, working and enjoyable game for others to play. Anyway, getting back on track, I have a surefire system to employ and get help. Firstly, I would like everyone who likes the idea to try and contribute at least one piece to the region, whether it is a sprite, map, overworld, plotline or even an idea. If you contribute, you will be rewarded. I'll talk a little more about this later. But the real troops out there are the amazing people who regularly contribute to the region. They will be rewarded greatly. Returning to reality, I'd like this region to live. It's my third on Pokemon Fan Universe and my sixth overall. So I'm bringing it to the Pokecommunity! Actually, it's my ninth project overall, but only my sixth with new Pokemon. Consider me a semi-pro. My other two on these forums...died, but this one is different. For anyone who says "lol ur a noob wit no life", take a look at yourselves. XD I'm now going to talk rewards. For the people who cannot move their fingers and do not contribute whatsoever (even correcting an error is considered contributing, so you need to expel little energy to be rewarded) they will get nout. Diddly squit. Nothing until the ROM is finished. Then they can play it. But for those people who contribute occasionally, I have a prize of being able to play some of the betas and alphas. Yet, for those top contributors who regularly visit the thread, I have all of the betas and alphas of the game in store for them! So, there is a fair system for workers. I hope this encourages you all.

Game Information

The game will be slightly darker than the others, with the version legendaries controlling life and death. These will be harnessed by the catastrophically evil Team Reality, whose task is to become immortal. Your task, as in every other game, is to stop them, fill the Pokedex and defeat the Elite Four. I'm not going to be controversial and use different typed starters, nor a female professor. The professor is named Professor Teak (You're lucky. The other option was Professor Dipterocarpaceae. XD), and he will give you your starters. Just to remind you, the region is called Amami. Pronounce it "Ah-mar-mee". If anyone thinks it is "Ar-ma-mi", go slit your wrists. XD Moving onwards, the geography of the map is rather complicated. The land is based on Amami-Oshima, the largest island at the top. The smaller islands will follow the role of the Sevii Isles in FR/LG.

Screenshots

So far, none. They'll come soon though.

Pokedex

Spoiler:

Team
    Qwilfish
    Cartercr
    Fantomix
    Final Fantasy
    Wolfer

WE NEED:
    Scripters
    Spriters
    Concept Artists
    Mappers

Features

Gyms, Elite Four and Significant Trainers

Gym Leaders

1) Bug
    2) Ground
    3) Electric
    4) Ghost
    5) Grass
    6) Fire
    7) Poison
    8) Dark

Elite Four

1) Water
    2) Rock
    3) Flying
    4) Normal
    5) Mixed

Towns and routes
    Zizania Village - First village where you start the game.
    Fendlera City
    Pieris Town
    Mazus Village
    Jasione Town
    Holcus City
    Serissa City
    Clitoria City
    Arenga Island
    Lunaria Mountain - The largest mountain in Amami, where the Elite Four are situated.
    Alyssum Shrine - A shrine in the clouds, where a legendary pokémon is said to reside.
    Tritonia Rift - Huh? What's this? A rift has appeared in Amami!

Banners and Sigs
    By Qwilfish
    Code:
    [PLAIN][url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154714/][img]https://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9177/791222875394xe4.png[/img][/url][/PLAIN]

Art
    - By Wolfer

CREDITS
    Fantomix - Pwnage sprites and general epicness.
    Wolfer - For the amazing art and sprites.
    Cartercr - Um, the mapness?
    Feaky - Spriting in general.
    Qwilfish - ORGANISER GET!

Last edited:

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    Awesome is awesome.
    Though, perhaps you could put the Pokedex in a spoiler.
    Also, things work a little differently on here. You have to have a Storyline and Features section. We already have a Storlyline, it's just called something else. :)
    Seems VERY interesting, I love the Plot and all the unique Fakemon :D
    Also, are you going to be doing this all on your own or with a team?

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    :P
    Much better.
    Are you going to add a Features section with all the new features this hack will have?
    Also, I'll lol if anyone calls you a noob, as it is a clear that you are no newbie at ROM Hacking.

Qwilfish

Years
    :P
    Much better.
    Are you going to add a Features section with all the new features this hack will have?
    Also, I'll lol if anyone calls you a noob, as it is a clear that you are no newbie at ROM Hacking.
    DX *adds features after forgetting...AGAIN*

Thanks for your points. XD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm keeping my eye on this. I love the idea and also more Bugs to enjoy! As long as the fakemon look good, I won't mind about much! Well, thats basically it, but if you want a team, I sugest putting what skills you need eg a scripter.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Hey there Qwilfish - I was researching some of the things for the Pokedex you're making, and surely enough I found this little thingy of yours 8D.

Question - would you like me to post the sprites I make here or at PFU?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This seems nice. :)
    The only sprite that you showed that looks the best to me is Kopprydra. ;)
    Anyways, Good Luck~

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
    Years
    So do you have any info on Plurefoot or Flardarla. I need at least some sprites, plus hopefully some attacks. If no attacks, I can add those.
    I also need more maps to do.

Last edited:

Qwilfish

Years
    @Fantomix - Here please. PFU seems to be acting up on me, so I'd appriciate it if you could post them here instead.

cartercr - Pluresfoot is a small centipede. It has five legs on each side. The only attack it learns is Comet Punch. XD

Maps will come later.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Okeydoke. I don't know if you kept the links to the sprites I made before PFU got hacked or w/e so do you need those? Also, I'm planning on making quite a few more sprites if you want - are there any you particularly want done sooner than later or should I just go ahead and do the ones I want?

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Ok cool. I tried to give you ther links but apparently I can't xP. So give me a second.

Here's the Baby Narwhal and
    here's the Platypus.

Last edited:

Qwilfish

Years
    Okay, I'm putting this on hold for a few weeks, just while I...do 'something'. You'll find ot what that 'something' is soon, hopefully.

Soyeah, will be back to work on this by about the end of October. kthxby

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Gah; just as I find something to occupy me for the next few weeks :P. Do you still want me to make sprites or not?

Back