• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Ruby Red

Should I have Johto Starters or Otherwise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
  • Pokémon Ruby Red

INTRODUCTION:
    Hello all! I'm Avatar Ryan your may know me as Mew_Ryn or my previous hack Pokemon Legend of Hatichu (no longer in progress) but anyway I have gotten a new idea for a Rom Hack!

INFORMATION:
    Hack of: FIRE RED
    Hack Name: Pokemon Ruby Red
    Started on: January 1st 2009

STORY:
    Welcome back to the World of Pokemon!
    Gold, Crystal you have done well in competeing in the Johto and Kanto Leagues. So it's time to move on! Time to take on tougher challenges! Welcome to Haltar...! A Region to the South West of Johto it is a glorius region with many new challenges!
    Although you will be challenging 8 gyms again...
    Here is the most recent Line of Gyms;
    Gym | Leader | Type
    1st | Riely | Flying
    2nd | Roxer | Rock
    3rd | Drack | Dark
    4th | Alexis | Grass
    5th To be announced
    6th To be announced
    7th To be announced
    8th To be announced

I will comunicate with you as you travel through this region! Have Fun!

Okay! Thank-you Prof. Elm! Know you will encounter some people that are stupid, smart, funny, sneaky, and maybe even some that like you... You will become friends with them but some of them, enemies... No matter what happens... Be a Hero(ine) and Win the Haltar Cup!
    (New Elite Four System to be used)
    I, Avatar Ryan, beilive in you, Gold and Crystal! I may guide you without you knowing it so stay alert!

More details will come as the Beta's Progresses

FEATURES:
    Play in a New Region - Haltar
    Play as Gold or Crystal
    All Pokemon - Excluding Sinnoh - 386 Total
    Weather - In wierd places
    Added areas /w different Climates
    Possibly Added patches to get to added areas
    You will get your starter in Johto
    Can RUN indoors like D/P/Pt

Progress:
    Pokémon Ruby Red

5% of Beta 1

Spoiler:

Last edited:

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    I don't know if you know this but in Pokemon fire Red there is a place
    called five island

also the leader of Team Rocket is GIOVANNI

well after you defect him and obtian the 8th badge in Fire Red
    then Team Rocket has no leader

or does team rocket have a new leader?

in five island there is the Rocket hideout after Team Rocket runs away on the computer is this...

A report with graphs and text is on the PC monitor. The Influence of Magnetic Waves on POKéMON Evolution .........too difficult to understand

that reminded me of Pokemon GOLD and the lake of rage when the magickarp are focused into Evolotion

then after you beat pokemon fire red go to the place with the guy who gives you the sappire he saids this.....

What, you again? You You're not GIOVANNI's kid, are you? No, that can't be right! GIOVANNI's kid has red hair. You don't have any reasons for bugging me. Leave me alone!

wait... Red hair the only one in the games with red hair in the game is SLIVER
    GOIVANNI'S kid?

that told me SLIVER is GOIVANNI's son and the leader of Team Rocket

why because you don't vs SLIVER when Team Rocket is around and after you save Kurt Sliver battles you and saids Team Rocket is the worst because they Failed...

So i thick you should have Sliver in your hack and mention thats he is the leaderf team rocket

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Skills: Scripting(basic, medium, and advanced)
    Proof of work: See the hack Sentra's Journey by Lucario 9. I did all the scripts.

If you want more proof tell me. :D

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
  • I don't know if you know this but in Pokemon fire Red there is a place
    called five island

also the leader of Team Rocket is GIOVANNI

well after you defect him and obtian the 8th badge in Fire Red
    then Team Rocket has no leader

or does team rocket have a new leader?

in five island there is the Rocket hideout after Team Rocket runs away on the computer is this...

A report with graphs and text is on the PC monitor. The Influence of Magnetic Waves on POKéMON Evolution .........too difficult to understand

that reminded me of Pokemon GOLD and the lake of rage when the magickarp are focused into Evolotion

then after you beat pokemon fire red go to the place with the guy who gives you the sappire he saids this.....

What, you again? You You're not GIOVANNI's kid, are you? No, that can't be right! GIOVANNI's kid has red hair. You don't have any reasons for bugging me. Leave me alone!

wait... Red hair the only one in the games with red hair in the game is SLIVER
    GOIVANNI'S kid?

that told me SLIVER is GOIVANNI's son and the leader of Team Rocket

why because you don't vs SLIVER when Team Rocket is around and after you save Kurt Sliver battles you and saids Team Rocket is the worst because they Failed...

So i thick you should have Sliver in your hack and mention thats he is the leaderf team rocket

hey this sounds framiliar like oh idk Zel's Shiny Gold Thread!
    I havent decided but Silver may be the leader because of all the convincing evidence tht he's Giovanni's Son.

Skills: Scripting(basic, medium, and advanced)
    Proof of work: See the hack Sentra's Journey by Lucario 9. I did all the scripts.

If you want more proof tell me. :D
    did u make the level script in the vids section of Lucario 9's hack?
    if so your in!

Years
  • hey this sounds framiliar like oh idk Zel's Shiny Gold Thread!
    I havent decided but Silver may be the leader because of all the convincing evidence tht he's Giovanni's Son.

did u make the level script in the vids section of Lucario 9's hack?
    if so your in!
    yes Hiche did !
    add him because he is an awsome scripter.
    oh and good luck on this

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Too many G/S/C hacks! O.o
    This is becoming an epidemic like the snow hacks! xD

This still looks good though. :]
    I have an album for support banners, so I'll add one there! :D
    I see your using the FR/LG styled Brenden, but in his Emerald clothes..that's new. ;D
    Though, I would probably appreciate this more if it was a hack of crystal, because people make too many Gold Remakes(a.k.a Shiny Gold [though it has nice extra features in it, not making it a complete remake.]). It would still be nice to see a crystal remake, but it's your choice. ;P

Anyways, Good Luck~

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
    Years
  • looks cool, but I agree with ~Wind.
    FAR TO MANY GSC HACKS/REMAKES!
    But that doesn't have to be bad...

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Too many G/S/C hacks! O.o
    This is becoming an epidemic like the snow hacks! xD

This still looks good though. :]
    I have an album for support banners, so I'll add one there! :D
    I see your using the FR/LG styled Brenden, but in his Emerald clothes..that's new. ;D
    Though, I would probably appreciate this more if it was a hack of crystal, because people make too many Gold Remakes(a.k.a Shiny Gold [though it has nice extra features in it, not making it a complete remake.]). It would still be nice to see a crystal remake, but it's your choice. ;P

Anyways, Good Luck~

looks cool, but I agree with ~Wind.
    FAR TO MANY GSC HACKS/REMAKES!
    But that doesn't have to be bad...

OK i'm srry if i misunderstand u guys but this isnt really a remake its a sequel about 2-3 years after RSE (id say after GSC but i cant remember howmany years after GSC RSE took place! XD) So really it just taking place in Johto but with alot of other feautres it should be different! (btw im going to be changing the map slightly so tht it looks farther in the future :D

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Well this looks really cool and I am now a supporter! Woot lol plz check out my hack!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Don't have Silver as leader of Team Rocket. Actually, don't even have Team Rocket. Maybe some evil team unmentioned.
    For two reasons:
    1. Silver HATES Team Rocket, because his father, after quitting Team Rocket, hated it too. Seriously, he was helping Hiro beat them, sort of. Well, not helping, but trying to take them down, at any rate.
    2. Team Rocket is absolutely 100% dead after G/S/C.

Anyway, another hack with a G/S/C them is alright, I guess, as long as the scripts and stuff are different. If you were an old man, would you seriously stand near the entrance to a city for years to help beginning trainers? Not really too likely. You might also want to change one or more of the Elite Four or Gym Leaders.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Don't have Silver as leader of Team Rocket. Actually, don't even have Team Rocket. Maybe some evil team unmentioned.
    For two reasons:
    1. Silver HATES Team Rocket, because his father, after quitting Team Rocket, hated it too. Seriously, he was helping Hiro beat them, sort of. Well, not helping, but trying to take them down, at any rate.
    2. Team Rocket is absolutely 100% dead after G/S/C.

Anyway, another hack with a G/S/C them is alright, I guess, as long as the scripts and stuff are different. If you were an old man, would you seriously stand near the entrance to a city for years to help beginning trainers? Not really too likely. You might also want to change one or more of the Elite Four or Gym Leaders.

ok i c ur point on Team Rocket but Silver will be intertwied with it in the hack

and tht guide guy will be in a way different place
    and since (after playing D/P) Jasmine went to Sinnoh to explore or whatever i was thinking she may not be a Gym Leader (having someone else take her place) Maybe I could have an Elite be demoted and A Gym leader Advanced! ^^

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Uhh...
    Silver hates the rockets in g/s because he thinks they're weak.
    You could make him the leader of another team that fights you and the rockets...

Years
  • This hack looks like it could go far...
    If it takes place in Johto, please don't start in New bark town. Start somewhere like Goldenrod.

Good luck with this.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Any new updates on the hack?
    Anyways, when do you want me to start scripting?
    Thanks.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
  • thanks for adding me to the team i would be glad to help you out on this .
    when will i be able to map for you ?

Any new updates on the hack?
    Anyways, when do you want me to start scripting?
    Thanks.

you guys will recieve a PM once im done with beginning things...

This hack looks like it could go far...
    If it takes place in Johto, please don't start in New bark town. Start somewhere like Goldenrod.

Good luck with this.

dont worry about were u start cuz it aint going to be New Bark Town (it going to be on a Ship (or ferry more or less) to Johto!)

Thnx for everyones support!

Back