• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Stall: Now with 100% less Scizor!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    The Lineup
    332.png
    136.png

~*~*~*~*~*~*
    drapion.png

Drapion @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/252 Def/6 Spe
    Toxic Spikes
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Crunch

Comments: Drapion is my main counter to Absol, and sort of an Anti-Lead with Taunt. Toxic Spikes is invaluable, as is an immunity to Psychic and the ability to absorb T-Spikes. Max HP/Max Def to live unSTAB'd EQ's better and to take on Close Combats from the likes of Hitmonlee and deliver back with a powerful EQ of my own.

cacturne.png

Cacturne @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 Att/52 Spe/206 HP
    Focus Punch/Superpower
    Sucker Punch
    Substitute
    Spikes

Comments: Okay, so Froslass was being pretty good, but she did nothing to help me with that annoying Clefable weakness. After many attempts to find a reliable Spiker, ABYAY suggested I try out Cacturne since it can Focus Punch and also block status Clefable attempts to off-set. SubSuckerPunch is great for fragile sweepers like Scyther (=[) and Sharpedo (lol @ resistance)
    blastoise.png

Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/252 Def/6 SpD
    Surf
    Rapid Spin
    HP Grass
    Counter/Mirrorcoat/Rest

Comments: Blastoise is a walling machine; taking hits like an absolute monster and then returning with a STAB Surf or removing the deadly rocks that plague a good portion of my team. HP Grass for those sudden Kabutops that plague me. Wish support lets him stay alive =D Last slot is a toss up; Counter or Mirror Coat could be fun, but Rest is usually a safe bet. Still, it makes me set up fodder.

flareon.png

Flareon @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 HP/252 SpD/6 SpA
    Flamethrower
    Wish
    Roar/Protect
    HP Ground

Comments: Flareon counters Ninetales and offers Wish support, thus it's going on this team. ABYAY suggested HP Ground to actually hurt Ninetales rather than letting it get +6 SpA and using Energy Ball (which still does lol damage) Flamethrower is a great STAB that actually hurts Steelix. Protect is good old Protect, and lets me scout and receive Wish support.

steelix.png

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/138 SpD/120 Def
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Roar
    Stone Edge

Comments: THE best UU physical wall in the game. He takes critical, super effectives hits like nothing and shuffles foes around using Roar. Stone Edge lets it become the team's Scyther counter; living even 2 Brick Breaks from SD/CB versions. Roar is excellent with Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes all on the field =D. REALLY wish that this guy got an instant recovery, but meh.

rotom.png

Rotom @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/216 Def/42 SpD
    Thunderbolt
    Sleep Talk
    Shadow Ball
    Rest

Comments: Rotom is the best fighting resist in UU, taking even Sucker Punches pretty well. Thunderbolt > Discharge since it's stronger, and since I'm already stacking Toxix, I doubt I'll get in any paralysis. It's my only real status absorber, but it does a damn good job at that. Wondering if I should use Discharge ever since I dropped WoW for Sleep Talk (since Articuno is gone =/)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • that sig is epic fail.

Steelix is embarassing itself. Gyro Ball > EQ pl0x. Sure, bulky waters love it, but are you going to be staying in on something like Gorebyss? :#

DISCHARGE ON ROTOM. *pimpslap*

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    that sig is epic fail.

Steelix is embarassing itself. Gyro Ball > EQ pl0x. Sure, bulky waters love it, but are you going to be staying in on something like Gorebyss? :#

DISCHARGE ON ROTOM. *pimpslap*

Gyro Ball has horrible PP, worse than EQ at least ._. It also has worse coverage and is overall weaker than Earthquake =]

No Discharge :<

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Discharge helps with your Gorebyss weak, as paralyzing it can turn the tide in your favor, even for those pokes too slow to kill it.

You tell me Steelix walls Scyther. Earthquake sure makes Steelix a good switch-in on Scyther. (Bleh, Roar doesn't do much if you ask me.)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Discharge helps with your Gorebyss weak, as paralyzing it can turn the tide in your favor, even for those pokes too slow to kill it.

You tell me Steelix walls Scyther. Earthquake sure makes Steelix a good switch-in on Scyther. (Bleh, Roar doesn't do much if you ask me.)

CBScyther does lol damage to Steelix, so I can Roar it out and spread the Stealth Rock damage.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Definitely a sick-nasty use of Articuno, (bless you!) it can't go wrong with those supporting options.

Steelix/Rotom have a good right to rely on that bird. I approve. ^___^ You've also got diversity pegged to a max here; no half/full team weaknesses to speak of.

Reactions: .

Sora_8920

Years
    • Age 34
    • She/Her
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I was expecting 'Now with 100% less Manbearpig', but yeah. Leftovers on Drapion is pretty decent, but the plausibility of Lum Berry is appalling. As for me; I'd go Leftovers.

--- Otherwise, I'd like to congratulate you for this team, Vance.

Reactions: .

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Well Vance, first off, let me ask you this: When will there be a UU match that ABYAY doesn't use Scyther? That's good enough reason for SE on Steelix NAO! Otherwise, it can sit there and pound away otherwise (Well, you can suffer two Brick Breaks for 65% of your health and phaze me out, but is that really worth it?)

Overall, really good stall team for the UU. Omastar really toys with you though should you predict a wrong time to bring in Articuno (on an Ancientpower, that'll really...REALLY hurt.) You might actually want to invest in a late-game cleaner that can Agility to ensure your stall has taken its place. I did that in OU with a stall team + Infernape, who was concealed until its counters/threats were gone, and proceeded to wipe up the mess. You could definitely do the same here somewhere.

Captain Nick

But why's the rum gone?
    Years
  • The main problems I see, as far as opponent's pokemon go, are CM Clefable and Cursing Gastrodon. Granted you have Roar to deal with both on Steelix but unless you switch right away, they could do decent damage.

It seems like your team lacks variety in its moves. 3 Ice Beams, 2 EQs, 2 T-bolts, 1 Ghost, 1 Dark. That covers a lot of pokemon in UU but it could leave you in a bad spot late game. Like I mentioned above the lack of STAB fighting leaves you weak to Clefable and not having a grass attack leaves you vulnerable to water/grounds.

I think if you dropped Froslass and added in a pokemon like Hitmontop you would increase the variety of attack moves, reduce your weakness to SR a bit, and cover the Clefable issue.

You could also try out one of the UU grass starters (Meganium or Venasuar) in place of Blastoise if you have top as your spinner. They both can be quite bulky and add even more variety to your move selection.

-------------------

Hitmontop @ Bold @ Technician @ Leftovers
    EVs: HP-252 Def-128 SpD-128

Fake Out
    Rapid Spin
    Close Combat/Mach Punch
    Bullet Punch

-------------------

Meganium @ Bold @ Overgrow @ Leftovers
    EVs: HP-252 Def-6 SpD-252

Leech Seed
    Energy Ball
    Sleep Powder/Protect
    Reflect

-------------------

Venasaur @ Bold @ Overgrow @ Leftovers
    EVs: HP-252 Def-252 SpD-6

Leech Seed
    Sleep Powder
    Energy Ball
    Amnesia

-------------------

(Note- There are probably better movesets, these were made quickly to give a general idea of what I think would fit the theme you are going with)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Well Vance, first off, let me ask you this: When will there be a UU match that ABYAY doesn't use Scyther? That's good enough reason for SE on Steelix NAO! Otherwise, it can sit there and pound away otherwise (Well, you can suffer two Brick Breaks for 65% of your health and phaze me out, but is that really worth it?)

Overall, really good stall team for the UU. Omastar really toys with you though should you predict a wrong time to bring in Articuno (on an Ancientpower, that'll really...REALLY hurt.) You might actually want to invest in a late-game cleaner that can Agility to ensure your stall has taken its place. I did that in OU with a stall team + Infernape, who was concealed until its counters/threats were gone, and proceeded to wipe up the mess. You could definitely do the same here somewhere.

Ancient power is really, really rare, but yeah, special sweepers sort of hurt me if they can hit Arty for SE or if they don't take much from her attacks. And no, Scyther is no problem; Froslass completely rapes him =]

The main problems I see, as far as opponent's pokemon go, are CM Clefable and Cursing Gastrodon. Granted you have Roar to deal with both on Steelix but unless you switch right away, they could do decent damage.

YES. I was waiting for someone to mention him. I have a hard time against her.

It seems like your team lacks variety in its moves. 3 Ice Beams, 2 EQs, 2 T-bolts, 1 Ghost, 1 Dark. That covers a lot of pokemon in UU but it could leave you in a bad spot late game. Like I mentioned above the lack of STAB fighting leaves you weak to Clefable and not having a grass attack leaves you vulnerable to water/grounds.

Toxic Spikes =/

I think if you dropped Froslass and added in a pokemon like Hitmontop you would increase the variety of attack moves, reduce your weakness to SR a bit, and cover the Clefable issue.

Froslass is necessary for Spikes, though.

You could also try out one of the UU grass starters (Meganium or Venasuar) in place of Blastoise if you have top as your spinner. They both can be quite bulky and add even more variety to your move selection.

Then I lack an ice resist, meaning Jynx hurts me.

-------------------

Hitmontop @ Bold @ Technician @ Leftovers

Fake Out
    Rapid Spin
    Close Combat/Mach Punch
    Bullet Punch

-------------------

Leech Seed
    Energy Ball
    Sleep Powder/Protect
    Reflect

-------------------

Leech Seed
    Sleep Powder
    Energy Ball
    Amnesia

-------------------

(Note- There are probably better movesets, these were made quickly to give a general idea of what I think would fit the theme you are going with)

Thank you for the movesets, I'll consider them.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    If you only have Arti for Heal Bell, Ampharos, Miltank, and Granbull can all do it without the 4x SR weakness.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Big Big Big Ninetails weak. Luna Jynx also sets up on most of your team.Id use this >> Articuno.

Clefable@Leftovers
    252 HP / SP.DEF / 6 DEF
    Calm Nature
    Trait: - Magic Guard
    - Thunderwave
    - Wish
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss

This gives you some Wish support so you dont need set up fodder sleep talk-less Rest on everything.

Then Id just make Rotom Rest-Talk as your status absorber. (Rest/STalk/W-O-W/S-Ball).

You also have a rather large Kabutops weak, i would put Hidden Power Grass in that 3rd slot on toise. You can then use Toxic or something in the last slot on it.

Stone Edge >> Rest on Lix

I use a really bulky froslass spread on my stall team, if you want it (ill have to dig it out if you do), its not fast but it lets you come in on claydol and other spinners easier set is : - Taunt/Spikes/Ice Beam/Toxic or T-Wave.

Perish Song is also a great asset on stall teams, it stops last poke curse and calm mind sweeps, so you could try and squeeze it in, but meh.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Can I have said Froslass set? And poor Articuno ;_; I loved having Rest, but oh well.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Can I have said Froslass set? And poor Articuno ;_; I loved having Rest, but oh well.

Froslass@Leftovers
    248 HP / 96 DEF / 18 SP.ATT / 148 SP.DEF
    Calm Nature
    - Taunt
    - Spikes
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic / Thunderwave

248 hp for odd hp to round down sr damge, enough for 200 def and sp.att and rest in sp.def to take hits from claydol and other spinners.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    The main problems I see, as far as opponent's pokemon go, are CM Clefable and Cursing Gastrodon. Granted you have Roar to deal with both on Steelix but unless you switch right away, they could do decent damage.

-------------------

Hitmontop @ Impish pl0x @ Technician @ Leftovers

Fake Out
    Rapid Spin
    Close Combat/Mach Punch
    Bullet Punch

-------------------

Leech Seed
    Energy Ball
    Sleep Powder/Protect
    Reflect

-------------------

Leech Seed
    Sleep Powder
    Energy Ball
    Amnesia

-------------------

lol :p Bold on Hitmontop is pointless :P
    Impish does the same thing, but no att. drop

Captain Nick

But why's the rum gone?
    Years
  • lol, sorry on the hitmontop nature. I made it at like 2 am, Impish is pretty obvious, I just overlooked correcting it.

As far as Toxic spikes and Spikes, most teams have a spinner like Claydol, or Resting Blastoise. both can take the spikes, spin, and (in the case of Blastoise) heal off the damage. Toxic Spikes on Wonder Gaurd Clefable doesnt do anything except ruin a chance of paralyzing it or sleeping it. =/

Spikes can be helpful but the spots are probably better suited to filling type variety in the moves. There are sooooo many randomly typed pokemon in UU that limiting your movesets doesn't make much sense.

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • MAGIC GUARD Clefable. For a second then I was worried.

Those Froslass EVs D_A gave were a bit odd to be honest. 248 HP/136 SpDef/rest in Def is superior IMO. Also T-Wave over Toxic, most bulky Pokemon don't stay in on Froslass as the majority are weak to Ice/Electric IIRC.

Also Energy Ball Ninetales weak. Though what counters that in UU anyway?

Last edited:

ABYAY

Years
  • Also Energy Ball Ninetales weak. Though what counters that in UU anyway?

Altaria (non HP-Ice) and Flareon (non HP-Ground) are your best bets. Should they be pure NP sweeper sets (NP/Flamethrower/E.Ball/HP Ground or Ice), then these two are still great options when you know the Hidden Power. Then, Altaria can set up DDs or Quake away, and Flareon can hit with powerful physical attacks or HP Ground. Grumpig (Or CM Grumpig for NP sweeper versions) can also work. It also isn't a lightning-fast Pokemon, so it's possible to revenged by a Scarfer with Earthquake.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Ugh, I made a lot of changes, but I wonder if they're all for the best. Please critique =D

ABYAY

Years
  • Let me watch a match, and we'll see about that.

As for Cacturne...

"SubSuckerPunch is great for fragile sweepers like Scyther (=[) and Sharpedo (lol @ resistance)"

Like I said on the server, running 48 speed to outrun Clefable, the main reason you got the thing, means you outrun all non-speed versions. Run 52 to be safe from it running an extra 1 speed. With 204 HP, you can come in on said Sharpedo much easier seeing as only LO versions will give you a lot of trouble. You won't be outspeeding max speed Clefable anyway with Adamant, so that's your choice.

Back