• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I realized that the -not so new- Pokemon Roleplay Lounge doesn't have a Discussion thread! :O For shame Allelujah Haptism, for shame.

So here it is! Pokemon Roleplay Lounge's Discussion thread!

If you have any questions, please post them here, and we'd love to help you. This thread takes the place of individual questions, so please don't make individual threads for questions.

(Regular members are encouraged to answer questions, but mini-modding is still a no-no. ;<)

Also, if you've any ideas for a plot and would like others to help you flesh out your idea, this is the place!

F.A.Q.

Why isn't my thread showing up?

That would be because the threads in Pokemon Roleplay and Pokemon Roleplay Lounge are all on moderation. What does that mean? Well that means that nobody but the mods of the section and higher staff can see the threads. So until a mod or higher staff approves your roleplay, it won't be visible to you or other members. Here in Pokemon Roleplay, we have a handy dandy, Manual Thread Tracker.

Check the posts for either your username, or the name of your roleplay, and find out whether:

A) It was approved,
    B) It was declined,
    or
    C) We haven't gotten to it yet.

_

Hopefully that helps, and please be polite and civil everyone!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I had always wondered why this, more active roleplaying section, didn't have a discussion thread while the other one did. Just a bit of advise here, but I think you should put a few useful links in the first post, like AE's wonderful thread on character profiles.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • I was wondering, does this forum have a section for people who are looking for one-on-one roleplays? I have a plot in mind for a lengthy Pokemon roleplay, but the way it is now, it wouldn't be a lot of fun for more than two people. At least, not any way that I can think of. But suggestions are very much appreciated.

Here's how it goes:

It starts on an island (or maybe a peninsula). Let's call it Denn. The key points about this island are that it is about the size of England, having a temperate, moist climate, and a wide range of geographical features, and therefore a wide variety of native Pokemon (for your catching convenience). There are mountains on the west coast and down the middle, fertile plains stretching from the east to the south, and a large, deep forest in the interior that won't go away. Once, the island was covered in forest: now most of it has been driven back or tamed into parks, except for this part, sitting in the centre of the island like an octopus. Men are always at work chopping down trees, but it reclaims land just as fiercely, sending weeds and thorns into their fields, and wild beasts out of the woods to ravage the towns. All of the strangest monsters (and Pokemon) of the island live there, deep in the heart of the woods, which has not even been fully mapped.

But that's all extra detail.

Politically, things are not well on the island. A neighbouring island to the south-east is threatening war: although the two nations are very similar, and speak dialects of the same language, in their recent history they have been warring over fishing/hunting/mining rights, colonies, and foreign affairs (who is most favoured by a wealthy continental empire). The next step is paranoia, and things seem to be coming to a head. This second island has arrested some citizens of Denn living over the channel, believing that they are spies. (They will get a fair trial - we are not monsters.) Public opinion back home is shocked. Something must be done.

My character's older brother is one of the arrested men. He sends a letter back home and asks his sister to try and clear his name. He has been keeping up correspondence with a friend in a nearby city, and these letters, he says, will prove that he is innocent. The said sister's quest is to fetch these letters and sail for the city where he is imprisoned. (For the record, sending the letters by mail is out of the question - correspondence between the islands is now being censored and the letters would not get through.) The sister has just finished high school and, having nothing better to do, jumps at the chance to set out on an adventure. Especially an adventure that involves Pokemon, every child and teenager's secret dream. Her brother has left some of his Pokemon behind, and advises her to take them with her as protection. The journey will not be easy. For one thing, she will need to pass through the interior forest, and it's full of all sorts of wild things...

Your character will meet mine somewhere in this forest, probably saving her from mightyenas. By sheer coincidence, they, too, will have a friend/family member falsely imprisoned, and nothing will seem more natural than sticking together on their quest. The rest is up to you.

Other possible character ideas are members of an ecoterrorist group running rampant over the island (my version of a Team Evil, heh), diplomats on either island, or military leaders (war will eventually break out, I know you all love war). But these roles are secondary, they are a sideshow to the basic plot.

So...any comments? Criticisms? Ideas?

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
    Years
  • A Roleplaying Question

OK, then, it may sound stupid, but if we were about to make an RP do we just post the RP (Like the Battle Logs) or PM the RP with all the needed infos to a moderator?

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    how come just about all the rps here, have all the starter pokemon taken, with sign ups closed

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • how come just about all the rps here, have all the starter pokemon taken, with sign ups closed

New roleplays aren't created very often, so as soon as a new one comes up, people flock to it and reserve the starter Pokemon. If you want to take part in a roleplay, you either have to watch the boards very carefully, wait for someone to drop out of a full roleplay, or create your own.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Mine probably isn't going to close sign-ups because there can always be a logical excuse for why a character wasn't there at the beginning :)
    Now all I need to do is wait for my OOC thread to be accepted...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • how come just about all the rps here, have all the starter pokemon taken, with sign ups closed

Trust me, those RPs with loads of sign ups are the ones that are hardest to run (especially if the RPers are dependent upon one another). My advice is to try to get to RPs early and reserve in ones that looks like they will actually last because trust me, lots of these RPs don't even make it to 5 pages of IC posts.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    OK, then, it may sound stupid, but if we were about to make an RP do we just post the RP (Like the Battle Logs) or PM the RP with all the needed infos to a moderator?
    You just have it all typed up, and then post it away.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • ALWHYDIDNTYOUTELLMEWEHADATHREADLIKETHISNOW?!ITOTALLYDIDNTNOTICE;;

I was wondering, does this forum have a section for people who are looking for one-on-one roleplays? I have a plot in mind for a lengthy Pokemon roleplay, but the way it is now, it wouldn't be a lot of fun for more than two people. At least, not any way that I can think of. But suggestions are very much appreciated

Well, it's not standard here obviously, but as long as standard RP requirements (profiles, plot, etc.) are followed, I have nothing against you starting a one-on-one RP. Speaking of my experience of such things, however, I do feel inclined to point out that those tend to die quickly unless both RPers are really 100% devoted to the cause, so if your plot can be altered to include more people, it may increase the lifespan of the RP. As long as it's a working plot, I have no objections either way, though. However, please do add a disclaimer in that case so people won't waste their time signing up for something they can't get into.

It starts on an island (or maybe a peninsula). Let's call it Denn. The key points about this island are that it is about the size of England, having a temperate, moist climate, and a wide range of geographical features, and therefore a wide variety of native Pokemon (for your catching convenience). There are mountains on the west coast and down the middle, fertile plains stretching from the east to the south, and a large, deep forest in the interior that won't go away. Once, the island was covered in forest: now most of it has been driven back or tamed into parks, except for this part, sitting in the centre of the island like an octopus. Men are always at work chopping down trees, but it reclaims land just as fiercely, sending weeds and thorns into their fields, and wild beasts out of the woods to ravage the towns. All of the strangest monsters (and Pokemon) of the island live there, deep in the heart of the woods, which has not even been fully mapped.

But that's all extra detail.

Politically, things are not well on the island. A neighbouring island to the south-east is threatening war: although the two nations are very similar, and speak dialects of the same language, in their recent history they have been warring over fishing/hunting/mining rights, colonies, and foreign affairs (who is most favoured by a wealthy continental empire). The next step is paranoia, and things seem to be coming to a head. This second island has arrested some citizens of Denn living over the channel, believing that they are spies. (They will get a fair trial - we are not monsters.) Public opinion back home is shocked. Something must be done.

My character's older brother is one of the arrested men. He sends a letter back home and asks his sister to try and clear his name. He has been keeping up correspondence with a friend in a nearby city, and these letters, he says, will prove that he is innocent. The said sister's quest is to fetch these letters and sail for the city where he is imprisoned. (For the record, sending the letters by mail is out of the question - correspondence between the islands is now being censored and the letters would not get through.) The sister has just finished high school and, having nothing better to do, jumps at the chance to set out on an adventure. Especially an adventure that involves Pokemon, every child and teenager's secret dream. Her brother has left some of his Pokemon behind, and advises her to take them with her as protection. The journey will not be easy. For one thing, she will need to pass through the interior forest, and it's full of all sorts of wild things...

Your character will meet mine somewhere in this forest, probably saving her from mightyenas. By sheer coincidence, they, too, will have a friend/family member falsely imprisoned, and nothing will seem more natural than sticking together on their quest. The rest is up to you.

Other possible character ideas are members of an ecoterrorist group running rampant over the island (my version of a Team Evil, heh), diplomats on either island, or military leaders (war will eventually break out, I know you all love war). But these roles are secondary, they are a sideshow to the basic plot.

So...any comments? Criticisms? Ideas?

Well, first off I'd like to see less slashes and parenthesis in the actual submission plot. They both interrupt the flow of your writing and make it look awkward. You also have some odd wordings in there, but I'm focusing more on content here so...moving on.

You're placing a bit of requirements on this one other chara that your character would run into. They have to be altruistic enough to help yours out in that pinch, trusting enough to join up with them, and have to share similar history to boot. That can be a bit restricting, though I do see the plot imperative for that.

That being said, I don't see why you couldn't fit more characters in there. With all the political tension between the two nations and the impending war, there are loads of motivations that could lead other characters into cooperating and joining the 'main cast'. There may be a humanist who would wish to see the needlessly imprisoned people free out of altruistic reasons, or perhaps someone who would want others imprisoned in the debacle free for their personal (or political) reasons and views aiding these two as the a way to go about it. An important political figure could have ended up imprisoned as well and be in need of rescue lest his/her followers incite a full-scale war in retribution, or an undercover agent from the other nation sent to incite internal conflict in the continental empire and thus keep them too tied up to go into open war. Heck, even a total anarchist who is up for anything that opposes 'the system' could work here. You could also do some jailside drama and give the imprisoned brother some cellmates to interact with (heck, they could even try to mount an escape together). Just...loads and loads of possibilities for characters who could be just as integral to the plot as yours as long as you take care not to fixate on her issues to a ridiculous degree and leave a little elbow room for the others to work in.

That could easily be a conventional RP and quite the appealing one too; just put having some reason to want the imprisoned peeps freed as an entry requirement for characters and you could easily run this as a conventional RP with regular-size cast. I like the plot itself. It's creative, it's involving, and it's a nice change from the tedious generic journey craze around here, but the one-on-oneness seems like a waste here. :x

Trust me, you're not the first: Just submit a new thread like you would in any other section and the moderation system will take over from there.

how come just about all the rps here, have all the starter pokemon taken, with sign ups closed

I'm really just echoing what has already been said here, but...yeah, RPs tend to fill up fast here. (a bit too much with the same old combinations in each one, I'd say) However, as has also already been said, they are created at an incredibly high rate right now. Not a day goes by without at least one submission, usually, and though not all of them make it through moderation, there is still a lot. Just check back frequently to catch them while they're fresh. The RP approval tracker is updated whenever new threads are taken through moderation, so it's a great way to see when something new pops up.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    why not just have copies of the same starter over and over again, even on the show, Professor Oak is always gettting new Bulbasaurs, Charmanders and Squirtles all the time

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    why not just have copies of the same starter over and over again, even on the show, Professor Oak is always gettting new Bulbasaurs, Charmanders and Squirtles all the time
    That for one, makes it a tid bit more boring around here, not as much originality. Also, it is even really about the starters, it is about the players.. the RP Masters don't want ten people to grade, it becomes a handful, and the most I would be able to do.. would be seven.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • That being said, I don't see why you couldn't fit more characters in there. With all the political tension between the two nations and the impending war, there are loads of motivations that could lead other characters into cooperating and joining the 'main cast'. There may be a humanist who would wish to see the needlessly imprisoned people free out of altruistic reasons, or perhaps someone who would want others imprisoned in the debacle free for their personal (or political) reasons and views aiding these two as the a way to go about it. An important political figure could have ended up imprisoned as well and be in need of rescue lest his/her followers incite a full-scale war in retribution, or an undercover agent from the other nation sent to incite internal conflict in the continental empire and thus keep them too tied up to go into open war. Heck, even a total anarchist who is up for anything that opposes 'the system' could work here. You could also do some jailside drama and give the imprisoned brother some cellmates to interact with (heck, they could even try to mount an escape together). Just...loads and loads of possibilities for characters who could be just as integral to the plot as yours as long as you take care not to fixate on her issues to a ridiculous degree and leave a little elbow room for the others to work in.

That could easily be a conventional RP and quite the appealing one too; just put having some reason to want the imprisoned peeps freed as an entry requirement for characters and you could easily run this as a conventional RP with regular-size cast. I like the plot itself. It's creative, it's involving, and it's a nice change from the tedious generic journey craze around here, but the one-on-oneness seems like a waste here. :x

Thank you so much! That's exactly the sort of input I was looking for. ^_^ I thought the idea was hopeless, but now I'm working on turning it into a roleplay.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
  • I've been making a thread to submit for the last 2 hours, when "Firefox has discovered a problem and needs to close..."
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It pains me. =(

Anyway, I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this next question. If I can't just delete my post. Anyway, I RP on a Harvest Moon Board and the entire forum is for RPing. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about, but what I was wondering about was if anyone knows of a forum similar to this but for pokemon? I'm not sure if this is allowed since I'm asking about another forum, but just delete my post if that's the case!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    I need input, comments and the like on this plot I came up with. I think it's interesting. But it might be difficult to do because of the far-future setting, and the fact that it'd be hard to definitively change everyone's mind.

3023. Humans have completely conquered Earth. There is no distinction between 'wild' and 'captured' Pokémon; it's all the same. Even the Legendaries have gotten caught and have bent to the will of their human captors. For most, it's not that different from before; what they'd agreed to. But to some, namely the Legendaries, they regret the decision to go along with the Pokémon-Trainer relationship, and they want out.

More than that. They're out for revenge. The humans disregarded their stature, and forced them to do their bidding as only they could. Such torture shouldn't go unpunished, so they formulate a plan. A gruesome plan. A plan the contents of which entails killing their human captors, and liberating every Pokémon of the human menace. After all, the humans have been abusing the privilege of training them.

Only one Legendary, Celebi, chose not to accept their plan. A time-traveler, Celebi has seen the horrible future that'll come to pass if the others have their way. But, at the same time, she knows that things must change, or a rebellion that'll kill everybody is inevitable.

So, Celebi has tracked down twelve trainers. These twelve will help her in her plight. They must help her cause a revolution in the way Pokémon are treated, and, if necessary, fight the other Legendaries. The scientists are their main worry, those men who claim nothing the Legendaries could do could surprise them enough to get them killed, and everyone believes them.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Sounds like an interesting idea. Your premise, that all wild Pokemon have been tamed, is pretty original. I just have one problem...

"So, Celebi has tracked down twelve trainers. These twelve will help her in her plight. They must help her cause a revolution in the way Pokémon are treated, and, if necessary, fight the other Legendaries."

Why are there twelve, specifically? Why were they chosen? And why, to paraphrase Xanthine, is the fate of the world being entrusted to a bunch of teenagers (as most rp characters are)?

If they have to save the world, so be it. But give them a better motive than just being asked by Celebi. Make them behavioural scientists, political experts, something.

It would also be nice to see someone (other than Celebi) representing the moderate viewpoint. Here we have two radical parties: the humans, who want all of the Pokemon under their control, and the Legendaries, who want to kill all humans. There must be room for a compromise, or at least a logical reason why all of the humans and all of the Legendaries hold these two views.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I agree with Rabbit's criticisms, but I'll also like to add why is it twelve in the first place. Seeing as these twelve have been chosen to save the world, the people that RP them will have to be fairly active, which I highly doubt will be the case. In an RP like this, where the course of the plot is mainly driven by the RPers themselves, I think it'd be best to tone down on the number of RPers.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    ok, I need to be a member of more than 1 RPG, all the open ones keep on declining my sign up, I need another one that will let me use a Wild Card, that's not so hard on me about the sign up

Rii

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    My Idea

Ok here's an idea I've had for awhile and will not go away. I thought I'd post it as an idea first, since I have no idea where to submit it. Something about the main forum's, where ever that is. lol

Here's my idea.

This is an rp based in the Hohen Reagon. More importantly in LittleRoot Town. Professor Birch has reached the age where he is given a choice to retire. But he doesn't plan on retiring and leaving the job of giving starter pokemon to an amature. So three canditates are selected and sent to LittleRoot to be interviewed directly by the Professor himself. One such canditate catches his attention, and not because she's cute.

Enter Professor Nara Kasaki and her husband Misado Kasaki

YatenMinako-LoveLust.jpg

What she says has caught his interest greatly.

"I'd like to propose selecting the most promising new trainers to under go a test of sorts. They will each recieve a difficult starter and have to begin their journey with it. Of course this will be no easy task, as more then likely the pokemon in question may not listen to their commands. But that is the point of this challange, to take that pokemon and earn it's respect. I'd also like to study interactions between pokemon and trainer. To test whether that bond between trainer and pokemon is as strong as iron or as weak as thread."

Needless to say this proposal catches the elder Professor's attention. "What pokemon do you intend to use?"

Instead of answering she simply releases four pokemon.

bagon.png

Name - Bagon
    Level - 5
    Gender - Female
    Nature - Hasty
    Attacks - Rage, Bite

361.gif

Name - Snorunt
    Level - 5
    Gender - Female
    Nature - Relaxed
    Attacks - Powder Snow, Leer, Double Team

gible.png

Name - Gible
    Level - 5
    Gender - Male
    Nature - Jolly
    Attacks - Tackle, Sand Attack

Shinx.gif

Name - Shinx
    Level - 5
    Gender - Male
    Nature - Impish
    Attacks - Tackle, Leer

( Their may also be three wild cards )

Needless to say the Professor was approved, and immediately moved from her home in Johto to Hohen.

Info I need from trainers to be:

Name:
    Personality:
    Preferred starter:
    rp sample: please make it decent and not consisting of all one liners. lol

Rules:
    No Bunnying
    No Legendaries
    Stay Active
    I will control what pokemon you run into. You just type the bushes rustled or I saw something in the shadows or such. I will also control Professor Nara and most other NPC's.
    Key word: Type in "Pika Pi" to show you've read everything

Let me know what you think. ^__^

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    havn't got a storyline decided yet, but I wanted to make a rp, based on the Battle Frontier, but I don't know the different Towns and Citys in the Battle Frontier or what areas lead to the Frontier places, this could take awhile

Back