• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Fiore and Almia Regions

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
UPDATE 1/10/2009
Mapped out most of the Ranger School.

Because school started, I won't be as active with this project for a while. However, I will be reading the thread and answering any questions people may have. This project is not dead, and I will try to post updates as much as possible.

Partner Farm - Beach mapped out by Ty 101
http://inmoosewetrust.deviantart.com/art/Almia-Partner-Beach-mapped-112134769

---------------------------------

I've been playing Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and thinking about possible ways to implement the Fiore and Almia regions in future Pokémon fangames. My plan is to eventually map everything out using Pokémon Essentials, and then make the maps available to anyone making Pokémon games.

I already started putting together maps of Vien Town, the Ranger School, and Chicole Village and I will be posting them in a few days.

Is anybody interested in helping me with this?

Look below for map rips. All of these maps have to be redone in Pokémon Essentials using the default inside or outside tilesets. If you want to help me rip maps and you don't know how to hack a DS ROM (I don't either), just play the games on no$GBA and take a million screenshots. Then put them on MS Paint and try to line up the pixels. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Credits go to me unless stated otherwise.

Fiore Region - Region Map by Riyu & Skiks and serebii.net.
Ring Town - Ranger Base
Fall City - Harbor

Almia Region - Region Map by legovideogamespriter from deviantART.
Chicole Village (map by Red Gyarados) - House Interiors
Partner Farm - Beach Area
Chicole Path (map by Ty 101)
Vien Town - Interiors

Nabiki Beach
- Breeze Hill - Marine Cave
School Road - Bridge
Ranger School - Gate; Outdoor Class; Training Rooom; Concourse, Classooms, Basement - Lab, Lounge - Dormitory

Note: on the DeviantART pages, you have to click the picture to see an enlarged version.

If anybody has any better way of doing this, PLEASE let me know.

Anything you submit in this thread is available in the public domain for anybody else to use as long as credit is given.

Also, if anybody wants to take anything from here, you're welcome to but please let me know. I'd like to get an idea of how these things are being used and who's using them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I was thinking the same thing!
I would love to have fiore and almia maps thEY WOULD BE A BIG HELP.
iI can help but, I have only been using pokemon essentials for 3 months.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
UPDATE: Here are maps of Fall City South (Fiore) and Ringtown Base (Fiore). These are from spriters-resource.com. Will anybody map this out using Pokemon Essentials? Please use the default tilesets and proper aspect ratios.

ranger_fallcity.png

ranger_ringtownbase.png

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Chicole path

Here is Chicole path.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to take a picture of a map and turn it into a map without remaking it. Like makeing a map from an image. If it is possible how?

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
I don't know how much this helps, but I made a townmap image of the fiore region that is as close as it can be. I know that it is disporportionate, but the townmap in the game was too. Anyway, you get the idea... Here it is:

35genfioresa1.png

I hope this helps!
icon10.gif

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Here is Chicole path.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to take a picture of a map and turn it into a map without remaking it. Like makeing a map from an image. If it is possible how?

No, I don't think it is with RPG Maker XP. By the way, don't save these as JPEG. Save them as PNG. Chicole Path looks pretty good.

I don't know how much this helps, but I made a townmap image of the fiore region that is as close as it can be. I know that it is disporportionate, but the townmap in the game was too. Anyway, you get the idea... Here it is:

35genfioresa1.png

I hope this helps!
icon10.gif

No, that doesn't help. It's too vague and doesn't look like it has all of the locations. Make the map a lot more detailed and use proper size.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Hey Moose, which tileset should I use to map Fiore if I'm working on Fiore for you? Is it the tileset of Kyledove, the default Essentials tileset, or the tileset from Flame of Destiny?

Use the default Essentials one. People can then use that or make an identical one on a different tileset.

By the way, I haven't had time to put together custom tilesets, so do you want to give me Kyledove's and Flame of Destiny's tilesets?

Here's a better version of the Fiore region map:
fiore.png

I did not make this.
It was made by Riyu & Skiks and serebii.net.

//44tim44

That looks really good. It'll be fine for now, or at least until all the maps are ripped.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: I'll be ripping Almia first, but to those of you doing Fiore, you should have an easier time because it's a much smaller region.

Also, I updated the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Okay everyone, here's a map I made today.

(Except for the mailbox and fence,)
EVERY SINGLE TILE ON THIS MAP IS MADE BY ME OR HEAVILY
EDITED BY ME.

I will give out this map, normal, to InMooseWeTrust,
if he wants it for this project, until then, this map
is saved as JPEG to prevent from stealing.

Chicole Village:
chicolevillagemap2hr4.jpg

//44tim44

Back