• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever thought about having kids?

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    Yes.. actually I have.

I want a baby girl..
    and I want her to stay my baby girl.
    I wouldn't want to lose her. =/
    But I don't, I think I would be a horrible father, especially for a girl. I think I would to over protected.
    I also know a lot of people whose baby girls have died before graduating high school, and or even getting to school.

... yeah um I think I'll stop now..

But how about you? Are you a parent in slumber, or are you just two person kinda guy/gal?

Also, this isn't a thread that belongs in Polls, as it requires discussion, and not just a simple, "Yes/No". Just had to add that in, just in case.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Yeah, I've thought about that.

I want a girl aswell. I have a sister that's 10 years younger than me, so experience is something I have. I enjoy taking care of her a lot, and I'd probably enjoy even more if she was my daughter.

So, yeah.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I think I'd like to have children someday, but that's (hopefully) a long way off for me and I don't know what I'll think about kids in ten years. I don't really care at the moment whether I want a boy or a girl, but for sure if I had kids I would have two, probably no more than that. Being an only child myself, I wouldn't want my kids to grow up without a sibling, since its often lonely. ;_;

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • Well me and my ex boyfriend (boyfriend at the time of course) were discussing this haha.. And even though we aren't together anymore I still like the idea of having a boy and then a girl, so the boy can protect the girl. <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hm, most of us have, if not even replied to previous threads asking this question.
    I desire not to bear offspring, nor even to have a partner.

Aitania

overwhelming c u t e n e s s!
    Years
  • I've always thought about having a girl...
    We'd go shopping together and I'd make the best omelette rice for her!!
    Hehe nwn~

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Being a babysitter I can say I'd prefer a girl, boys can be so annoying. :o
    Also, I just never really got that whole father-son manly bond thing.

Me and a a friend came up with some names in class. xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Give me a daughter, or give me death...little boys are terrors and not too much else. They tear the place apart, are a challenge to potty train, and break their toys. I live with one, so I'm not exactly stereotyping...

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Have I thought of the topic? Yes, and I have never wanted children. I've never wanted to be married, either. That's not to say I won't have a complete 180 in a decade or two, and the future can hold just about anything, of course, but, now, I would say there's definitely no desire. Regardless, having children is ultimately the decision of two people, so overall, everything says it's just too early to tell for sure.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Not to be wrong or anything, but I'm gonna have kids for the experience, if you know what I mean...

I want a girl!

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • Ehehehe... sometimes. XD There is one person who does make me want to start a family, but kids get on my nerves alot. Though I think it would be different if it was my own kid. XD

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Duh. I want a child to carry on my name. And the more, the merrier. Sure, I won't be able to stand them when they're little, but slowly, they'll develop into child prodigies like me ;)

And who else would you be able to spoil or take your happiness out on? And besides, when you grow older, you need kids to protect you and look after you.

When they migrate around the world, you'll have the opportunity to visit various countries to visit your children.

It may seem like a burden at first, but you will slowly grow to appreciate them.

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    Lol reading the comments that have piled, I have come to realize that people seem believe that all kids are evil, and or require a lot of work, and or require the essence of money.

Now while children do require work, and require money. Evilness isn't a part of the equation.
    Nor, is life about money. A child isn't a tool, not a trophy. It is another living human being, which should be treated with the decency any human being should receive.

Food, a roof over their heads, clothes, and a loving nature.

But, as long as you at least recognize these dedications, you have your choice of wanting a child or not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Whenever I thought about this, I always thought that I'd rather not have any kids at all.
    There are many reasons, one of the main reasons being I might never be rich enough to take proper care of him/her.
    But even if I ever am rich enough, I'd rather adopt than wanting kids of my own.

All of these may change anytime in the future. Who knows, I might end up not even getting married at all! :)

Back