• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Gotta Catch Em All!

Should I add extra stuff to the game?

• No

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • Yes(Please post what stuff should I add)

Votes: 124 79.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This looks awesome.

-Crumples up 2 days worth of script-

I wanted to do this, but you're better than me BY FAR and I'd rather play yours anyways. Lol.

Anyways.

I would like to offer my lowly services as an editor.

I've seen a lot of scripts with horrible spelling and grammar. And it just looks tacky when a sprite says.

"Your that Pokemon trainer!"

or

"HEy man. I SAw you to!"

So if you'd like someone to just go over every bit of text in your game (preferably not while playing the game, as I'd much rather play the game without having to scrutinize text XD.

Years
...Horrible Spelling? You call that Horrible Spelling!?
The Spelling is correct and the mistake that I've colored in Blue isn't
even a Grammar Mistake. The Mistake I've colored in Green is extremely minor,
but it's required to change it.

And Dark Prince, do I have anything to do? I'm waiting...

I suppose I cannot increase one's ability to read as well?

I said spelling and grammar. Try to keep up?

Also - they are major when they're published and distributed. Understand? I hope so. Because if I ever read that crap in anything mass produced and handed out, I'd think a child of very low caliber did it.

Years
I did keep up. I'm not one of those people who can't read. And those mistakes are major, major, major!! A lot of people make these Grammar Mistakes.

As part of the "Gotta Catch Em all" team, I can't let you - a meddler
bug the heck out of us. (Yeah, that means the staff too.)

And Dark Prince, remember to ignore this guy. He's no good, doesn't have an avatar, and he's annoying. Not trying to help at all.

And also, you said you need inserting Tiles, right?
Ask Watermelon. (The creator of Coral and Turquiose. And he's good at making people laugh.)

That's all. Hope you find Watermelon soon.
~Bye~!

I don't have an avatar? That makes me no good? Bro, how old are you? 14?
You obviously lack any ability to survive anything other than inside a cozy thread, kid.

You failed and went for the fail button. "Lacking an avatar"

Coming from a sophomoric lad who has a AK-47 for his avatar in a pokemon forum? Get real.

On a final note. I can't wait for this game to come out, in all honesty. But if this moron is on the credits, I can't really respect it as much as I would like.

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
Please you both stop flaming it won't do any good for the hack
BlackEyedHacker I can't put you in the team until you give me a good proof of your work

Years
All I can do is edit, DarkPrince, hard to really show it's effectiveness.
I don't need a spot on the team, I just like to help people out since well, members on this side of the forum help me over and over. My only real skill in english and lit. So passing on any text or isp files I can rummage through and find any errors or any way to make the game seem brighter in dialog.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Actually in the examples BlackEyed showed there IS a grammar mistake.

Your = It belongs to you. You're = You are.

When someone offers both help and shows you what can be improved be polite about it guys. :\

DarkPrince304

Years
There's exactly no use fighting anywhere
Please stop it
That will just spoil our hack...Well anyone willing to insert Tilesets for me?

Years
Hi [BlackEyedHacker]
I'm working on the hack checking for spelling mistakes and helping with the storyline, i'm sure two heads are better than one but it's DarkPrince's decision

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hi [BlackEyedHacker]
I'm working on the hack checking for spelling mistakes and helping with the storyline, i'm sure two heads are better than one but it's DarkPrince's decision

I think you will do better than Black Eyed Hacker,
Jay. I don't think we want such a negative person in our team.
And he said that I was a moron. 0_o
If I really was, I wouldn't have known how to OW Sprite.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Your hack... It's pretty much the same thing as, for example, Pokémon Kanto!, and there are indeed a lot of errors and such... and pretty cheap maps (sorry, but I'm honest)... But, you know what, keep up the work, and it might become something really special. It just needs some care.

DarkPrince304

Years
There are very very less updates nowadays as I am a bit busy with my school life
So from tomorrow I will give more updates :)

Years
Your hack... It's pretty much the same thing as, for example, Pokémon Kanto!, and there are indeed a lot of errors and such... and pretty cheap maps (sorry, but I'm honest)... But, you know what, keep up the work, and it might become something really special. It just needs some care.
Of course the Pokemon Anime hack has been done before: Ash's Quest, Pokemon Kanto to name but a few, however the genre is nowhere near exhausted and if we can add anything to it this hack will be deemed a success (in my opinion anyway)

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
yeah...you want some maps? Ive been working on it.
You can use if you want, inspiration or whatever. =P. I really don't care, some of your maps look too much like f/r one. (Not sure if these are good)

Pallet Town
Spoiler:

Route 1 (Pidgey and stuff)
Spoiler:

Route 2 (spearow and stuff) I would flag the interception in the middle, or block it, if you're using this map. =P
Spoiler:

You dont have to use them, though they may serve some purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back