• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pinkpanther's Pixel Art C:

Years
    Here is my Pixel gallery...
    lol theres not much here but imi working on some things
    anywho!
    please critisize my stuff because i sure do need it!

Jamie

this is based on a scetch of a friend named jamie
    (hence the name)

me in a life jacket
    idk i just took a picture and made it a pixel pic
    it took me fOREVER to do cuz i redrew it
    so now im mad that i learned how to save it as a png after i did it
    so its ruined ...grrrrrr
    (should this be in here?idk ohwell)

My little pony

haha just a random idea

Smoochy!<3

this is my fav!

An angry kid

lol idk why i madeit

Ok?

just a pixelized version of i think cloud strife?
    idk oh well C:

Chansey Cake!!

mmmm looks too good to eat!

Condoments Hat!
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4161&pictureid=30677 Pinkpanther's Pixel Art C:
    katsup and mustard lol

Marina
    from the orange islands

Melody
    from the orange islands too

Last edited:
    Years
    .jpeg kills pixel art.

Can't really say anything about it until that's fixed.
    You can often comment on jpeg'd pixel art to an extent. This one isn't even that horribly ruined by it.

It looks nice from a distance. The edges of the face and hair could use some anti-aliasing, and it could use some shadows. I do like the shading on the hair, and the anatomy is quite nice.

As said, you should always save Pixel Art as PNG rather than JPEG, as JPEG is a lossy file format meant for photos, to reduce filesize at the expense of losing some quality. Works fine for photos, but on pixel art, it distorts your pixel structure, making further editing nearly impossible.

If you have a non-lossy version saved, or pixel over it again and save as a PNG, then I'd be glad to give you more detailed criticism. :3

Years
    thanks for the tips!
    and btw.....(im not good with the saving the picture part so bear with me)
    how do you save a pixel as a PNG?

oh wait nevermind i figured it out
    its the thing right below where you name your piece..
    wow it was there the whole time
    and it took me a LONG!!!!!! time to fix the pic
    so please comment it now

Last edited:
    Years

When saving, change that from JPEG, or whatever it's on, and switch it to PNG.

If you have it saved on your computer as BMP, it may only have been converted to JPEG upon uploading it, in which case, just re-saving it as PNG and uploading again will allow us to see it in it's original quality. If it was saved as JPEG, though, I'm afraid you'll have to re-do it.

when you are saving,either change the file type to png or en your file name with .png{example:Jasmine.png}
    Anyway,if i am not wrong,you need to have 4 things/arts/sprites to make a thread
    Sorry, but you are indeed wrong.
    [jq]Pixel Art Threads
    Can be made no matter how many pieces of work you have to show (eg. if you have less than four). This rule only applies to non-sprite related work. However, don't make a separate thread for each piece you make.[/jq]

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    uh, you shouldnt bump threads. how about posting new stuff instead?

ill post on the stuff you have at the moment.

the photographed turned pixel art looks ok, from a distance. Looking closer, I found it was a JPEG. please change this.
    Then i went onto the jamie picture. looking closer, i found it was a JPEG.
    Then I went to the ponyta with the pikachu kid on. this one wasnt JPEG, hooray! This one had a nice concept to it as well, but could do with a bigger person on it.

overall, try to reupload the pictures as PNG, then it will be easier to be able to comment! ~

DiSCIclaimer

Is Taking Over The Earth
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2009
    haha that little pony one is neat...

ahhm...sorry to ask but do u think i can use that little pony thing in my hack>?....

Last edited:
    Years
    i edited the chansey cake.... what do you think?

Pinkpanther's Pixel Art C: Pinkpanther's Pixel Art C:
    edited cake and scratched a new sprite!
    yay im getting better!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    These are great drawings. But the shading doesn't give us the idea that these are close to "real", it needs working. However, its pretty good.

Years
    The chansey cupcake makes me hungry, but it appears to have too much pillow shading on the left side of the frosting and the lines on the wrapper are too dark and jagged for my tastes.

The Condiments Hat and Angry Kid are pretty flat looking. Angry Kid could use more detail and shading in the head area and Condiments Hat's arms look too low on his torso.

Your region is huge (one might say too huge) and the contours are unnaturally smooth and round, but I think you know that already.

Years
    The chansey cupcake makes me hungry, but it appears to have too much pillow shading on the left side of the frosting and the lines on the wrapper are too dark and jagged for my tastes.

The Condiments Hat and Angry Kid are pretty flat looking. Angry Kid could use more detail and shading in the head area and Condiments Hat's arms look too low on his torso.

Your region is huge (one might say too huge) and the contours are unnaturally smooth and round, but I think you know that already.

ok ill fix the wrapper lines and the pillow shading

and your right, condiments arms are a bit low

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    your getting better with the chansey cupcake, but you should now smooth out the lines on the cupcake wrapper and should also put more lines on the cupcake for that realistic look

:t354:TG

Back