• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

RTHookers

Banned
Years
  • No wayz
    Persian @ Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Timid nature Technician ability
    -Fake Out
    -Taunt
    -U-Turn
    -Bite

I like Life Orb because of the boost, and my usual combo is FO + U-Turn so he is far away the moment they think they can hit Persian. Free hits ftw. U-Turn is great for revenging unscarfed Espeon as it's one of the most threatening in NU (It pwnt my whole team just because I let Persian faint..)
    My own lead Persian fares well. The fourth move can be replaced with something else that will be boosted with Technician, like one of it's special attacks, and it's quite unpredictable.

GoldStrike

Professional Procrastinat-
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    Porygon-Z?

I am going for a special Porygon-Z sweeper and am wondering about the moveset. Well, It's really just two moves in particular. My current moveset is this:

Hyper Beam/Tri Attack
    Nasty Plot
    Substitute
    Dark Pulse/Recover

With adaptability Hyper Beam holds a scary 300(?) base power. However, Porygon-Z is slightly fragile and the turn of recharge may ruin a potential sweep. Tri attack isn't as powerful, but the no recharge turn can really make a difference.

The other move I am wondering about is Dark Pulse or Recover. Dark Pulse gives decent coverage when combined with chosen attack move but recover gives Porygon-Z a viable healing method. The only thing I fear is that Porygon-Z may be too weak to even need recover, because if it's hit hard enough, it will go down.

Otherwise, feel free to revise the moveset and maybe suggest a few changes. I am looking forward to feedback and would appreciate any!

Sunshinewish

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2012
    Pidgeot moveset?

I have been looking around the web for the best moveset for Pidgeot and I just can't seem to find any good movesets... Any ideas?
    Thanks

GoldStrike, I suggest you use Dark pulse instead of Recover and Tri Attack instead of hyper beam. Good luck in training you Porygon-Z!

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I am going for a special Porygon-Z sweeper and am wondering about the moveset. Well, It's really just two moves in particular. My current moveset is this:

Hyper Beam/Tri Attack
    Nasty Plot
    Substitute
    Dark Pulse/Recover

With adaptability Hyper Beam holds a scary 300(?) base power. However, Porygon-Z is slightly fragile and the turn of recharge may ruin a potential sweep. Tri attack isn't as powerful, but the no recharge turn can really make a difference.

The other move I am wondering about is Dark Pulse or Recover. Dark Pulse gives decent coverage when combined with chosen attack move but recover gives Porygon-Z a viable healing method. The only thing I fear is that Porygon-Z may be too weak to even need recover, because if it's hit hard enough, it will go down.

Otherwise, feel free to revise the moveset and maybe suggest a few changes. I am looking forward to feedback and would appreciate any!
    Hyper Beam sucks in battle. Use this set.

479.png

P-Z @ Life Orb
    Trait: Adaptibility
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Nasty Plot
    - Tri-Attack
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden Power (Fighting)

This set gives the best coverage for P-Z, but it's BL and a fair bit outclasses it in OU.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I have been looking around the web for the best moveset for Pidgeot and I just can't seem to find any good movesets... Any ideas?

It really only has two viable movesets, and is outclassed by Fearow or Dodrio in every other stat.

Pidgeot @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    ~ Return
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ Steel Wing / U-turn
    ~ Quick Attack / Pursuit

Pidgeot @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 Spe
    ~ Roost
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Hidden Power Ground
    ~ FeatherDance / Toxic

Its pretty much useless in battle though.

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • Question: "Swift Swim" it doubles my speed, so a poke with 300 speed with the SS ability will have 600 Spe in rain dance?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Question: "Swift Swim" it doubles my speed, so a poke with 300 speed with the SS ability will have 600 Spe in rain dance?

It doubles the base speed. So Floatzel has base 115 speed, becomes base 230 in rain.

Years
  • Mm anybody have some suggestions for a UU lead? My team is geared more towards offense if that helps any. xD I'm really stumped on what to do really just toss out some names and movesets and I'll check em out.

Years
  • I just hatched my HG Piplup.

Piplup
    -FeatherDance
    -Aqua Ring
    -Stealth Rock
    -Toxic

Is there a decent Empoleon there somewhere?
    EV's, nature, Item...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Mm anybody have some suggestions for a UU lead? My team is geared more towards offense if that helps any. xD I'm really stumped on what to do really just toss out some names and movesets and I'll check em out.
    For a more offensive team, you'd want something good. If you already have something that can set SR up, you should use this.

429.png

Ambipom @ Silk Scarf/Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Fake Out
    - Taunt/Pursuit
    - Low Kick
    - U-Turn/Return

Use U-Turn if you want to get out of there quickly, or Return for a reliable STAB move. Pursuit is if leads such as Uxie tend to escape you.

If you don't have a SR lead, it's highly advised that you do use one. Use this.

469.png

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
    Trait: Solid Rock
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 136 HP / 244 Atk / 128 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Blast
    - Stealth Rock

Standard Rhyperior set. Rock Blast is generally used over Stone Edge as a sub breaker.

I just hatched my HG Piplup.

Piplup
    -FeatherDance
    -Aqua Ring
    -Stealth Rock
    -Toxic

Is there a decent Empoleon there somewhere?
    EV's, nature, Item...
    You've got SR on there which is good. FeatherDance is lol, same with Aqua Ring. Toxic doesn't really work on Empoleon, but I'd go with the Lead set.

398.png

Empoleon @ Lum Berry/Focus Sash
    Trait: Torrent
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Aqua Jet

The set is made to be able to anti-lead, while setting up rocks. Aqua Jet is there so you can kill leads such as Aero and Azelf before they get the chance to set rocks up. Use a Lum Berry to stop sleeper leads like Roserade and Smearle. Empoleon has enough bulk that it doesn't need a Focus Sash.

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I have a probably unusual question.
    Say for example, I have a Pikachu I would like to use for battling. I like having Pokemon match the color of their Pokeball, but.. Y'know.. when battling it's ALWAYS a Pokeball.
    Would it be OK / I would be disqualified from tournaments (here at PC at least) because my party has unmatching Pokeballs? I use Pokesav and my Pokemon are always wild-caught, but nobody can access that information from just a battle so it wouldn't matter.

Also, is a Pikachu with
    -Thunderbolt
    -Quick Attack
    -Brick Break
    -Surf

is legit? Or else, is Grass Knot better than Surf?

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Would it be OK / I would be disqualified from tournaments (here at PC at least) because my party has unmatching Pokeballs? I use Pokesav and my Pokemon are always wild-caught, but nobody can access that information from just a battle so it wouldn't matter.

It depends. Some tourney's allow hacks, and others don't. If you ask the leader of it, then thats the only for sure way to know.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years

• It doubles the base speed. So Floatzel has base 115 speed, becomes base 230 in rain.

>:/ Iirc, it simply doubles the speed of the user. 2x base speed =/= 2x actual speed. Relicanth has a base speed of 55, Latias has a base speed of 110, yet neutral no speed Reli outspeeds neutral no speed Latias all the time in rain.

SS = 2x the speed number you have, i.e. 200 speed becomes 400 speed.

Izzy_

Breeder-in-Training
    Years
  • I'm thinking of using a Water/Ice team in Battle Tower (Single Battle) and I'm thinking if this will work. I rarely study EVs if it's in-game but you can suggest them if you like.

Froslass @ Icy Rock
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Moves: Hail, Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond

Seaking @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moves: Poison Jab, Megahorn, Aqua Tail, Rain Dance

Golduck @ Wide Lens
    Ability: Damp
    Moves: Calm Mind, Psychic, Hydro Pump, Hypnosis

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Careful
    Moves: Mirror Coat, Ice Ball, Refresh, Endeavor

EDIT: Also, can anyone suggest a good moveset for Delibird?

RTHookers

Banned
    Years

• It depends. Some tourney's allow hacks, and others don't. If you ask the leader of it, then thats the only for sure way to know.
    It isn't a hack, it's just for saving me up time.
    I catch a Pokemon in the wild, then edit it in Pokesav. Of course I don't grind and I keep moves stats and EVs within in-game parameters. So it's equal to a bred EV'd Pokemon with the same IVs / EVs and so fourth.
    Isn't a hack something that you wouldn't be able to do in normal play (WITH abusing things like the RNG)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • It isn't a hack, it's just for saving me up time.
    I catch a Pokemon in the wild, then edit it in Pokesav. Of course I don't grind and I keep moves stats and EVs within in-game parameters. So it's equal to a bred EV'd Pokemon with the same IVs / EVs and so fourth.
    Isn't a hack something that you wouldn't be able to do in normal play (WITH abusing things like the RNG)

People have different defenitions. IMO a hack is anything that has unattainable stats/moves/abilities but some people think "OMG U DEEDN'T BREED HAKAR!" so just clarify with whoever's tourney it is.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I consider a hack anything that has been modified or touched by any external device. Proof enough that people have different definitions (as mine and gamer's conflict). I generally allow hacks as long as they're legitimate (as in can be obtained through normals means) as I'm all for saving time and not wasting my life breeding and trading.

However, most others will completely disagree with this mindset. I'd be very careful what you modify because it may come back to bite you.

I'm thinking of using a Water/Ice team in Battle Tower (Single Battle) and I'm thinking if this will work. I rarely study EVs if it's in-game but you can suggest them if you like.

Froslass @ Icy Rock
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Moves: Hail, Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond

Seaking @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moves: Poison Jab, Megahorn, Aqua Tail, Rain Dance

Golduck @ Wide Lens
    Ability: Damp
    Moves: Calm Mind, Psychic, Hydro Pump, Hypnosis

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Careful
    Moves: Mirror Coat, Ice Ball, Refresh, Endeavor

EDIT: Also, can anyone suggest a good moveset for Delibird?

You're going to want EVs as all pokemon in the Battle Frontier have been EVd and have movesets/nature/items that correspond with those EVs. Basically you're facing bad predicting people on Smogon's shoddy server. That's how I like to look at it at least.

Go here for some good EV spreads for each pokemon.

By the way, Delibird is terrible, but this is BF and Stealth Rock is very uncommon. I personally have used his CBHustle set before and it did alright I guess (aside from some game changing misses due to Hustle).

Delibird@Choice Band
    Jolly (lol) - Hustle
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    ~ Ice Shard
    ~ Seed Bomb / Ice Punch
    ~ Aerial Ace (great for those annoying evasion boosters that you're bound to run into)
    ~ Focus Punch

EDIT: Just noticed you have 4 pokemon. Battle Tower allows three, so you'll have to alternate.

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
    Years
  • Bug Bite and Technician

Now in Correctly Posted Flavour!

In my current team, one of my high-hitters is a Scizor that uses X-Scissor. Technician doesn't affect it, since it does 80 damage.

So, with STAB, Scizor does 120 damage with X-Scissor, which is great. However, would the game mechanics allow for Bug Bite do be superior?

X-Scissor + STAB = 120. Weakness x2 = 240, x4 = 480.

Bug Bite + Technician = 90 + STAB = 140. Weakness x2 = 280, x4 = 560.

Does it work like that? Does Technician buff the basic damage, and then does STAB use the outcome of that, or does it also use the base damage?

Back