• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(UU RMT) Team Cursed : Peaked At #2 on the ladder.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    "Stall is no longer viable in UU" "The fall of stall" "Gallade rapes stall" are the sort of comments i have been seeing lately and to tell you the truth they really grind my gears and for the most part imo are totally incorrect. Stall still works when you know what you are doing, so ill just blame such comments on that. Honestly most of the cases for the suspects being broken are just silly. Also please dont bring any of that into my thread or things like "<insert poke> sweeps you if <insert poke dies" really ? nowai! or "Insert poke sweeps you if it predicts you correctly each time", so please none of that. Im a big boy now and can full well stop myself getting swept and can full well predict myself..lol

Sorry about that opening, i really dont like starting like that especially when im not too well known here but it is kinda frustrating at least from my point of view x[, anyways hi im Dark_123 aka D-A, and this would be my team. It peaked at #2 on the UU shoddy ladder and stayed there for a just over a week untill ipl overtook me due to my lazyness (lol) with a rating of ~1675 CRE but thats irrelevant tbh these days. I also got bored/haxed one too many times so i just gave up trying to get higher.

Ive used several teams to get me high on the ladder, but ive had the most success with this one. So hopefully you guys can help me improve it, i am retiring it now too but yeah i'd still LOVE feedback. So smogon id love to polish out the rough edges with your help. ^.^

Bold is the moves i am currently using.

So without further hesitation...

I present to you, Team Cursed

i_steelix.gif
    i_umbreon.gif
    i_weezing.gif
    i_qwilfish.gif
    i_mpiritomb.gif
    i_blastoise.gif

Team In All Its Glory/Suck w/e x]

'Iron "Tail" ;D', the Steelix.

150px-208Steelix.png
    ---->
    Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

~~~~
    Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    Ivs : 0 Speed
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar

Steelix is still a damn good lead and pokemon in general, against everything bar Arcanine (who gets set up on by Qwilfish so i still get Hazards out) and Froslass (who i dont care about) i get my rocks up early in the match. Steelix also keeps guys like Honchkrow in check very well and also things like Head Smash from Aggron. His resistances go along way here and he is very easy to switch in thanks to his immense physical defense. Gyro Ball and Earthquake are for stab and thus are a standard fare gaining great coverage. Roar allows him to act as my teams primary PHazer and because he forces alot of switches so he makes a great one at that and can often sufffle Spikes + SR through my opponents team like crazy and wear them down pretty fast. The evs and nature allow him to take physical hits (takes around 50% from a LO Honchkrow SuperPower) aswell as some neutral special hits, especially against junk like Raikou. Steelix is also the normal/bird resist for this team which no team should be without.

Things i am considering : Nothing really on Steelix, he has done his job amazingly.
    ---

'Scizor Bait', the Umbreon.
    180px-197Umbreon.png
    ---->
    Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

~~~~
    Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Wish
    - Curse
    - Protect / Toxic
    - Payback

Max Sp.Def Umbreon is no joke, hardly anything beats this on the special side and the amount of foes ive beaten with this alone because they cant touch it is kind of shocking. Ev'd to be able to beat LO Moltres 1 vs 1 and not ever be 2hko'd by +2 Raikou if for some reason it actually gets past Steelix, i can say Umbreon is a major player for special foes to beat and is almost on par with Chansey and has been amazing for me so far. Passing Wish allows me to keep my team healthy and also keep Umbreon alive. Payback is a pretty cool move, because Umbreon is pretty slow it powers up Payback to a massive 150 BP after STAB letting me nail many threats hard with it. NP Mismagius, even NP LO HP Fight does lol damage and beat it 1 vs 1 very convincingly. Curse is amazing late game and lets me beat most walls who have recovery easily and can sweep with entry hazards up and beats CM Clefable 1 vs one.

Things im considering : - Nothing much really, Umbreon has been an mvp for definate. Toxic might be cool though if i cant be bothered with Protect anymore, but then i lose to 3hko's. ~_~
    ---

'Gas Bag', the Weezing.
    180px-110Weezing.png
    ---->
    Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

~~~~
    Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Pain Split
    - Fire Blast

Part 1 of my Gallade defense, burn it and then wear it down with Sludge Bomb, easy. Weezing really shines in the current metagame being able to check one hell of a load of physical threats, grass types, fighting types you name it this guy does it. Sludge Bomb is 100% needed on ANY Weezing set and it frustrates me to see it not listed. Firstly its a reliable STAB move and does decent damage, ~36% to bulky Arcanine decent, secondly its poison rate is welcome to mess up its checks and lastly so he is no longer a free switch in for fire types. Fire Blast is a great move, allowing me to nail Toxicroak for a 2hko and be able to beat Venusaur and all the other grass types who are neutral to Sludge Bomb. Pain Split, admittedly isnt the best healing move but its the best Weezing has. Will-o-Wisp cripples things and is pretty cool for that, i use it sparingly though since Flash Fire pokes are pretty common.
    ---

'ISpike', the Qwilfish.
    130px-211Qwilfish.png
    ---->
    Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png
    /
    Bag_Shed_Shell_Sprite.png

~~~~
    Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    Ability: Poison Point
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/106 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Taunt / Aqua Jet
    - Spikes
    - Pain Split
    - Poison Jab

Or

Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    Ability: Poison Point
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/108 SDef
    - Rest
    - Spikes
    - Sleep Talk
    - Poison Jab

(If i make Blast have Foresight)

My own Personal Qwilfish set and he does excellently. In every match nearly he has been able to get up at least 2 layers of Spikes thanks to this unconventional set. He basically fills very useful niches in a stall team and needs alot more love. Firstly he is a fantastic Azumarril check, beating pretty much all versions tanking over it with Pain Split and Poison Jab. Secondly he absorbs Toxic (suck) Spikes upon entry and lastly he craps all over Sub Roost Moltres and Articuno who i hate. ^^ Qwilfish has ample opportunities to Spike in the current metagame with every team packing a water type who this guy can easily come in on see : Milotic. Poison Jab is so i can hit Azu, especially the sub puncher. Pain Split was a real gift for the Spikey fish imo, it allows it to be an excellent Spiker and set them up with relative ease healing off the damage, even shrugging of non stab EQ's with its semi physical bulk. Now i have used both Taunt and Aqua Jet and they both had similar results. Taunt stops things setting up with me and is a very cool move in general to force switches and also immediately shuts down Spiker Omastar (huge idiot btw). Aqua Jet just beats and keeps Blaziken and Houndoom in check since Blastoise cant take hits from them all day. With the current increase in SD Blaziken ill prolly stick with A-Jet however. Shed Shell lets me escape Dugtrio.

The evs arent that specific, they just let him take resisted/neutral physical hits well and some resisted Special hits and random neutral hidden powers and what not.

What im considering : - Making this my Stalker if i use Foresight on Toise.
    ---

'Dread', the Spiritomb.
    442.png

ArtMikaruge.png
    ---->
    Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

~~~~
    Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/114 SDef
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Curse
    - Toxic
    - Rest

Part 2 of my Gallade defense, SS 2hko's with residual damage. I based this idea around IPL's Curse Tomb so thankyou IPL for the foundation for this cool set. ^^ Curse Tomb is rarely seen as people think that Curse=noob, but if you look further into its abilities it is a great move. This guy is pretty amazing for the team, he stops last pokemon sweeps excellently forcing them to keep recovering and thus stall them out. With SR + Spikes a target who takes neutral damage from SR takes; 25% from Spikes, 13% from SR and 25% from Curse. You lose ~63% of your health by just switching into this. Its also great as Tomb is bait for anything with sub so watching them lose 50+% of their health from just subbing in my face is pretty sweet haha (which means Sub Roost Moltres and Articuno lose 75% of their health with SR up). Shadow Sneak is for STAB and it keeps Gallade in check very well and the priority is helpful for things left with a sliver of health. Toxic cripples things and is awesome with Rest to outstall junk. Rest is used because Curse comes at a high price, losing 50% of his health but all isnt bad. He can stall better with Rest anyway thanks to it clearing him of harmful status and also heal better thus allowing him to spin block better.
    ---

'Hydro Cannon Weak', the Blastoise.
    170px-009Blastoise.png
    ---->
    Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

~~~~
    Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/20 Spd/68 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump /
    Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

OR

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/106 Spd
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Aqua Jet
    - Rapid Spin
    - Foresight
    - Surf / Hydro Pump

(If i make Qwilfish my STalker)

This guy has been the weakest link for my team tbh, maybe because i tried to cram him with too many jobs but even then he does excellently and does everything i want him too. He basically takes sleep for the team and spins. With Sleep Talk its very unexpected and nearly always is able to spin because of this, but alas people are wising up to this strategy which is why i am considering Foresight. Surf/Hydro Pumo are for STAB letting me check Rhyperior well outspeeding all versions (both ev spreads). Rapid Spin just lets me not lose to other stall teams because truth be told Blastoise does "ok" against most ghost types especially with H-Pump to nail them with (52.3% - 61.5% to max hp tomb) and the low pp is a non issue with Rest Talk.

What im considering : ALOT for this guy lol. As said i might make Qwilfish Rest talk and put Foresight on this guy along with Aqua Jet to help keep idiots like Houndoom and Blaziken in check better which i think would be the best idea. Foresight will be placed on here allowing me to spin better on those damn ghost types but i dont think thats really needed. I require help on this guy too.
    ---

Team Building Process

211.png
    ---->
    Spr_b_g4_211.png

I was mainly looking for a Spiker to build my team around. Omastar is good but i got bored of using him. I soon came across this little guy and was like "oh wow it gets a recovery move in pain split" that and its other niche's like absorbing T-Spikes, Taunt, beating sub roosters and Azu is what really made me want to use him. Last and by no means least SPIKES, i figured he should be the core because Spikes are the life blood of stall.

211.png
    Spr_4h_208_m.png
    ---->
    Spr_b_g4_208_m.png

I added Steelix again because of several niches he fills in the current metagame. Roar, SR, Riakou check, Aggron check etc so he was ensured a place. Stealth Rock is my last layer of residual damage so both my Spiking roles are complete.

211.png
    Spr_4h_208_m.png
    Spr_4p_442.png
    ---->
    Spr_b_g4_442.png

With both my Spiking roles complete i needed something to stop them removing them. Who better than Spiritomb with its ability to beat Gallade too? I then looked at IPL's Curse Tomb and was like "that is pretty sweet imma try it" since it stops last poke sweeps very well.

211.png
    Spr_4h_208_m.png
    Spr_4p_442.png
    Spr_4h_197.png
    ---->
    Spr_b_g4_197.png

Since my team was heavily defensive and i wanted Wish i decided next to add Umbreon in favour of Chansey thanks to it not being Duggy bait and being to beat NP Mismag 1 vs 1 aswell as most other special threats.

211.png
    Spr_4h_208_m.png
    Spr_4p_442.png
    Spr_4h_197.png
    Spr_4h_009.png
    ---->
    Spr_b_g4_009.png

I was looking for a good spinner who could take status for me and could serve as a better fire type check than Qwilfish. Blastoise immediately stood out to me due to this and his ability to check Rhyperior well.

211.png
    Spr_4h_208_m.png
    Spr_4p_442.png
    Spr_4h_197.png
    Spr_4h_009.png
    Spr_4h_110.png
    ---->
    Spr_b_g4_110.png

I looked at what i had and thought "ughh those stupd SD grass types destoy me" and so do fighters if they get past tomb and i need tomb for spin blocking. =[ What beats both ? Weezing of course ! So he was ensured in that last slot.

wvr2mh.jpg

As you can see, this team has MANY restances and immunities whilst having few weaknesses and the weaks it does have it covers EXTREMELY well making switching in a breeze.

Thats pretty much it, so yeah rate away and thanks in advance. ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I honestly can't say anything about it. It seems like a very well thought out team. The way you built the team, and organized this thread is very nice, as well. Congrats on being one of the first people to impress me with a RMT.

Also, I heil you.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    The Team isnt bad at all, I like that Curse Tomb loling at subs ( I guess I should use this thing against Rhyperior that uses SD and Sub ).

* Sees the word Help in Qwilfish's moveset * I guess you need Aqua Jet for hitting first, but Taunt is still viable option for crippling the likes of Support Gardevoir, Chansey, and Enemy Spiritomb.

Also, I Heil Spiritomb not you =p.

Back