• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Used Game Leftovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I got my Ruby used, I also got a second used Fire Red to give as a gift.

Quite often when you buy used games, especially Pokemon ones, some people forget about the file they had on the game and sell the game with the file still on it. Others like to be cruel and erase the file or delete the pokemon so you don't have any goodies. D=

For example, in the second copy of Fire Red I bought, the chick who played it last left me all her level 70 pokemon used to beat the elite four, and tons of free TMs, move tutors, free legendary birds, and even the master ball.

In contrast, when I got my Ruby... This was quite an adventure, lol. So the guy got as far as Lilycove City and apparently decided to quit. He deleted all the pokemon he had except for a level 5 zigzagoon and a couple others in the daycare (castform and trapinch), as well as leaving an egg (wynaut).

So here I am trying to salvage the file as best I can so I wouldn't have to beat the entire game myself and save some time. I couldn't trade in pokemon at the time since I hadn't purchased a link cable yet. Here's the one crucial thing that saved me:

The Zigzagoon knew Pickup, and was holding a Nugget. ROFL!

I take the wimpy rodent's cash and hit up the department store. I bought as many ultra balls as I could. I think the total came to like 12 or so since the guy had some residual cash. Here comes more luck.

I caught a Gloom using an ultra ball without damaging it on the route adjacent to Lilycove.

This set me up to catch other pokemon on the route. The next two things I caught were a Duskull and a Linoone. This particular Linoone is now level 100 and helped me finish up the game till I could trade in better pokemon. ANYWAY. Final bit of luck:

I was running out of ultra balls and I couldn't seem to find any more useful pokemon. THEN

I ran into.......... a WINGULL.

Me: YES! FLY HM! YES YES YES! =DDDD

So, the ending of the story. I fly back to Littleroot Town to level up my junk pokemon, and immediately afterward was when I found out about pickup abuse, so I used my Linoone to stock up on items and catch more zigzagoons to do so.

Salvaging that game saved me a TON of time and netted me a spare Master Ball (thanks to it being in Lilycove XD), extra TMs, and infinite supplies of PP ups and ultra balls, so long as I had diligence. I also caught Latios, Groudon, and Rayquaza without having to start my own game. =D

Now that I remember my challenging adventure, I figured you all would find it entertaining. This was the first REAL challenge I've had in any pokemon game. It's sort of like being stranded someplace and having to MacGyver your way out using only what was given.

With all that in mind, do any of you have any awesome pokemon used game stories? Did you ever get left with any treasures or had to fight your way through like I did?

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I surprisingly throughly enjoyed reading that story for some reason. :)

hahaha anywho, the only game I bought that was used was Yellow. The kid who had it before me caught every pokemon. Whoever it was sold all there items and let go of every pokemon except for Pikachu I think. Since there wasn't anything left to do though I had to just start over. It would of been great to trade all those pokemon to my Gold version at the time. :(

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
I bought my cousin a used Ruby and Emerald version last year for Christmas. While the Ruby version had nothing on it, the Emerald version was a beaten game. It had quite a few pokemon on it I didn't have (like the Regis) and a shiny Ampharos. So being the nice person I am, I gave my cousin my (practically) new Emerald version and kept the one I bought for him for myself.

Years
I bought my cousin a used Ruby and Emerald version last year for Christmas. While the Ruby version had nothing on it, the Emerald version was a beaten game. It had quite a few pokemon on it I didn't have (like the Regis) and a shiny Ampharos. So being the nice person I am, I gave my cousin my (practically) new Emerald version and kept the one I bought for him for myself.

You, sir, are a better man than I. XD

I couldn't resist looting the Fire Red.

Years
I have tried something similar to that, after a run on Ruby, i traded all my important Pokemon to Ruby, and was left with 9 Pokemon:
- 4 low Zigzagoons, one of them was traded
- a traded Tropius
- a Wingull
- a Tentacool
- a Linoone
- a Breloom i had boxed

Most of them were 20-ish...
I tried to play this team (with of ourse just one of the Zigzagoons) without deleting all the HMs. I gave up, because everything exept for the Linoones and Breloom was horribly weak, maybe Tenta could have gotten a viable team member as well later on, but it was still far away from level 30. I might try this again later, but then i'll pull it through. Even though this means i'll have to use useless stuff like Tropius and Pelipper

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I surprisingly throughly enjoyed reading that story for some reason. :)

hahaha anywho, the only game I bought that was used was Yellow. The kid who had it before me caught every pokemon. Whoever it was sold all there items and let go of every pokemon except for Pikachu I think. Since there wasn't anything left to do though I had to just start over. It would of been great to trade all those pokemon to my Gold version at the time. :(
My words exactly lol xD
I bought a used Silver, Gold, Crystal and they had the Pokedex completed and their names were:
ROFL
LMAO
and
LOL
basically the same person prob owned them >.>

Years
I have tried something similar to that, after a run on Ruby, i traded all my important Pokemon to Ruby, and was left with 9 Pokemon:
- 4 low Zigzagoons, one of them was traded
- a traded Tropius
- a Wingull
- a Tentacool
- a Linoone
- a Breloom i had boxed

Most of them were 20-ish...
I tried to play this team (with of ourse just one of the Zigzagoons) without deleting all the HMs. I gave up, because everything exept for the Linoones and Breloom was horribly weak, maybe Tenta could have gotten a viable team member as well later on, but it was still far away from level 30. I might try this again later, but then i'll pull it through. Even though this means i'll have to use useless stuff like Tropius and Pelipper

I can't freaking grasp WHY ON EARTH you would INTENTIONALLY do that to yourself. XD It's bad enough to be stuck with it, trust me.

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
The first used game I got was Crystal, and the person who had it before me was a major breeder. He left me the following:

Level 50 Vaporeon (F): 31 HP/3 Atk/31 Def/30 SAtk/31 SDef/31 Spd
Hidden Power: Electric [70]

When I later traded it to Pokemon Diamond, I found it had a Bold nature. I EVd it to be the Standard D/P/P Wish & Gyarados Counter Vaporeon. I couldn't have asked for a better nature.

They also left me a:

Level 50 Blissey (F): 31 HP/X Atk/29 Def/26 SAtk/30 SDef/31 Spd

Another essentially perfect pokemon, who also had a Bold nature upon being traded.

Those are the best pokemon I have seen emerge from G/S/C breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back