Pokémon Trainer

Age 24
Male
England
Seen September 25th, 2016
Posted December 31st, 2014
3,424 posts
10.1 Years
This thread is replacing the previous Generation 5 thread since it was quite old. Anyway, this is the Generation 5 thread. A thread where any discussion, speculation, thoughts or suggestions about the new generation of Pokemon are placed. Feel free to ask questions or post any news and snippets that you've seen lying around so we can have fun discussions about them.

Have fun chatting!

kohei

Pizzaman.

Matsubara, Japan
Seen February 26th, 2014
Posted January 4th, 2014
3,478 posts
14.6 Years
That Farfetch'd and Delibird scan actually look like the two coolest flying types I've seen since Pidgeot. Seriously, if those Pokemon are based on the rest of generation 5's design then I will be majorly impressed.
Sometimes, a fan knows best what a fan wants.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer

Age 24
Male
England
Seen September 25th, 2016
Posted December 31st, 2014
3,424 posts
10.1 Years
Well On Pokemon Sunday this weekend most likely the guy is going to reveal the full title of the new movie, Introduce the new games by game freak, and probably reveal 2 to 3 new pokemon!
I don't think that they'll release that much in one episode. If they did have all that news, they would spread it out within three to four episodes to keep the suspense up.

demonmike

Missing-Nin

Age 29
Hemel Hempstead UK
Seen March 31st, 2013
Posted May 8th, 2010
140 posts
11.4 Years
For the sake of it, that fan made magazine scan.

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.
Thumbs up for a really good genuine looking art style for the Pokemon, who ever made it..

So, whats the rumour mill saying? Possible revealing on Pokemon Sunday?

Myles

Seriously?

Age 28
Male
Australia
Seen November 29th, 2016
Posted August 14th, 2011
920 posts
9.6 Years
Let's see, what do I want to see in the next generation...

- More battle animations. Mainly some or all Pokemon having slight animations just while sitting there. For example Zubat flapping their wings. I'd also like to see 'getting hit' and fainting animations for Pokemon. But that might take up a fair bit of room in the DS cart. :P
- Following Pokemon making a return. Also IV breeding items like in HGSS should make a return. As well as apricorns making a return.
- An IV cap. For example, while you can have a maximum of 31 IVs in a particular stat. But only a total of 124. Obviously how Hidden Power is calculated would need to be reworked.
- The RNG being reseeded on start-up again. every saving method being properly checked for duplication glitches. Abilities being constantly updated based on their personality value so that we don't have to worry about WonderTombs.
- More legendaries. One in an Unknown Dungeon sort of thing, one required for the story, one in a spin-off game, one event only Pokemon and all the rest being optainable in-game via side quests. If Nintendo want more events, they can use old generation Pokemon.
- More modes in the Battle Frontier. That is open level and six Pokemon teams. And more online play in the Battle Frontier.
- Heaps to do after the Pokemon League. Platinum's about right. That is an extra area with heaps of stuff and a Battle Frontier.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN

Seen April 13th, 2016
Posted April 12th, 2016
4,165 posts
10.2 Years

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.
Woah, those both look great :) But i htink the delibird evos necks is a bit too long (even longer in the back sprite) and the other one looks like its from naruto
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

インフェルノの津波

Seriously?

Male
Seattle
Seen September 7th, 2016
Posted June 8th, 2014
3,902 posts
9.4 Years

Holy ****, where'd you find that?!?!?! How'd those awesome tiles get there?!?!!?

Dang, I don't fully believe it, but....WHOA!

Moltres111

<- Serious business.

Age 22
Male
Norwa-BLEH
Seen September 21st, 2011
Posted June 10th, 2010
486 posts
9.8 Years
I'd go loolololololol if Farfetch'd got an evolution in Gen V. It doesen't need it. Farfy is just a novelty pokemon anyway.

Seriously, Gen IV introduced enough evolutions already. Porygon2 didn't really need an evolution. It was epic enough already.
Platinum
Name: Damn!
Code: 2622 3796 5477
SoulSilver
Name:
Lyra
Code:
1419 9416 3991 (Use THIS FC unless told otherwise)

SoulSilver: Currently doing: Wifi Battling.

Wins: 34
Losses: 10

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas

Male
Destiny Island
Seen January 4th, 2014
Posted July 4th, 2011
1,111 posts
10 Years
Man those scans look real!

I'd go loolololololol if Farfetch'd got an evolution in Gen V. It doesen't need it. Farfy is just a novelty pokemon anyway.

Seriously, Gen IV introduced enough evolutions already. Porygon2 didn't really need an evolution. It was epic enough already.
Yeah that porygon was a filler pokemon, its just a flying porygon 2 (pretty much).

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!

Age 25
Male
Seen June 1st, 2013
Posted April 27th, 2013
2,279 posts
10.4 Years
Man those scans look real!

Yeah that porygon was a filler pokemon, its just a flying porygon 2 (pretty much).
My Niprop senses are tingling!

I wouldn't mind another shiny or something. I still require a first-person camera at some point, though. And perhaps a four-wheeler of some kind. Epic transport is epic.
Back from the Hidden Land~
My Pokemon tabletop RPG project. Looking for feedback and ideas!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^

Seen April 25th, 2016
Posted June 3rd, 2012
859 posts
10.4 Years
Those Farfetch'd and Delibird evos look pretty darn cool actually.

So, what do you guys reckon we'll see on Sunday? The starters? A legendary? An evolution of an old Pokemon? A prevolution? A new and unrelated Pokemon?
"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."
- Karen, Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas

Male
Destiny Island
Seen January 4th, 2014
Posted July 4th, 2011
1,111 posts
10 Years
My Niprop senses are tingling!

I wouldn't mind another shiny or something. I still require a first-person camera at some point, though. And perhaps a four-wheeler of some kind. Epic transport is epic.
Yeah, you're right we demand EPIC transportation

Those Farfetch'd and Delibird evos look pretty darn cool actually.

So, what do you guys reckon we'll see on Sunday? The starters? A legendary? An evolution of an old Pokemon? A prevolution? A new and unrelated Pokemon?
They would never start by showing off the starters, if they really do show something it will probably be like the kind they showed for D/P wasnt that bidoof, well that kind of pokemon. But then again we need to bear in mind that this is gonna be a pokemon that is gonna be in the movie so it'll probably be a pokemon owned by a trainer for battle, so it'll probably not be a bidoof-ish pokemon (I pity the person using a Bidoof-ish pokemon for battle)

I would like to see a Gengar evo.
Im a 100% sure that their wont be a gengar evo, their is simply no need for. It would mean that gastly would evolve 3 times wich would be a first for any pokemon.

pokefangunner

PokeGleek

Age 26
Male
Rocky Mount, NC
Seen March 28th, 2019
Posted November 25th, 2014
151 posts
10.1 Years
Yeah, you're right we demand EPIC transportation

They would never start by showing off the starters, if they really do show something it will probably be like the kind they showed for D/P wasnt that bidoof, well that kind of pokemon. But then again we need to bear in mind that this is gonna be a pokemon that is gonna be in the movie so it'll probably be a pokemon owned by a trainer for battle, so it'll probably not be a bidoof-ish pokemon (I pity the person using a Bidoof-ish pokemon for battle)

Im a 100% sure that their wont be a gengar evo, their is simply no need for. It would mean that gastly would evolve 3 times wich would be a first for any pokemon.
Doesent ralts evolve more than3 times?

Hospitaller

Defender of the Faith

Male
Under the eyes of the lord
Seen April 14th, 2010
Posted March 5th, 2010
46 posts
9.3 Years
Whilst the two scans do look awesome, I think that there will certainly be a mix of Cool looking Pokemon and... Bidoofs.
Gr.
Anyway, I would like to see a lot more Fire types, there are so few...
I know I should probably say that about Dark, Dragon and Ghost types too, but it's against my views to use them, so... Meh.
I belong with you.
But you simply can't see
the affection I hold
I couldn't give you gifts,
And I'm not exactly cool
But I'd stay eternally loyal,
I;d be what you need; a friend, a brother, a guardian, a lover
And I'd give you the greatest gift of all;
Not money, not chocolates, not flowers, not diamonds, not riches,
Greater than these, all of these by far.
I'll give you my love and friendship and joy
But I can't give you my heart.
It's already yours.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas

Male
Destiny Island
Seen January 4th, 2014
Posted July 4th, 2011
1,111 posts
10 Years
Doesent ralts evolve more than3 times?
Yeo you're right and i would also say galade was an uneeded filler aswell, but it evolve throught a stone, i guess they could do the same with gengar, but i would say that gengar is awesome enough as it is

Whilst the two scans do look awesome, I think that there will certainly be a mix of Cool looking Pokemon and... Bidoofs.
Gr.
Anyway, I would like to see a lot more Fire types, there are so few...
I know I should probably say that about Dark, Dragon and Ghost types too, but it's against my views to use them, so... Meh.
Yep we need more fire types! That is actually an emergency

Advertiser Content