• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: A Shipping Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooki

Lucky
    Years
    Well, as most of you guys know, many other well known forums have a specific section dedicated to shipping. Why dosn't PC have one, we shippers need a place to talk about pairings besides the ships that involve Satoshi.
    What do you all think, is it a good idea or is this idea retarted.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Don't totally quote me on this, but I think I remember this coming up a few years back too, and PC doesn't have a shipping area for a reason. :/ Said reason, I think had something to do with the area possibly getting out of hand with spam, fighting and such. There were other reasons aside from that one, but I can't remember them. It seems like PC's members have gotten used to not having a whole shipping area, sooo if we started one up.. I'd bet it wouldn't be too lively, I would like to have one though. I've always wanted this place to have more than one thread, but I can't see it happening.

DarkDreams

Whispers in the dark...
    Years
    I honestly support this idea =\ But, if you think people are honestly going to spam, fight, start shipping wars, and the opposing shippers would start tearing each others hair out and report other posts for no apparent reason than they're flaming. Sure. I'll let it go. I'll be sad and stuff, but sure. I'll be interested to know the other reason though...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It's a nice idea, but PC would turn into a warzone, with supporters of X and Y here and supporters of Y and Z there. Shippers can be some craaaaaazy people, particularly when their ships are dissed.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, as most of you guys know, many other well known forums have a specific section dedicated to shipping. Why dosn't PC have one, we shippers need a place to talk about pairings besides the ships that involve Satoshi.

The thread that you're talking about does allow discussions of ships including people other than Satoshi, it's just an old mod moved a separate thread into that one and couldn't remove the new poll :/ It's quite annoying, really.

I dunno about a whole section for it. There isn't much discussion in the first place and a whole section with different threads could kill any discussion whatsoever.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Pros:
    • Randomness is impossible
    • Me, Jorah, Ruby, and Shedinjarsee have a bigger area of tyranny
    • Yeah...

Cons:
    • It's gonna have a moderator

The cons are enough for me to say no.

DarkDreams

Whispers in the dark...
    Years
    It's a nice idea, but PC would turn into a warzone, with supporters of X and Y here and supporters of Y and Z there. Shippers can be some craaaaaazy people, particularly when their ships are dissed.

A...War zone? lol...No. Maybe in the selected forum, yes...But if you really think that x and y are going to start wars through blogs and create chaos throughout the whole forums...:laugh: Not gonna happen. Why? Easy...Mods. They'll ban ass you as soon as you say "YOU XSHIPPERS ARE *beep* *beep* *censored*"

polkapika

The Fire Mew
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    If there was a shipping section, it would have flame wars. That kinda destroys the purpose....

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    A...War zone? lol...No. Maybe in the selected forum, yes...But if you really think that x and y are going to start wars through blogs and create chaos throughout the whole forums...:laugh: Not gonna happen. Why? Easy...Mods. They'll ban ass you as soon as you say "YOU XSHIPPERS ARE *beep* *beep* *censored*"

Well, that's what I meant. Said what I said for emphasis. xD

Melody

Banned
    Years
    There is a reason why PC doesn't have a shipping subforum. It's a godforsaken SPAM HOLE!

That's right. This forum in it's entirety is mostly comprised of immature members. There would be far more drama than necessary over some stupid BS like pairings. If you feel like debating shipping, go create a social group for that, talk about it via blog or PM..or if you're feeling lucky, I think if you read all the rules for all the sections and talk to the moderators you can find the right place to start a thread where people can talk about shipping. Anywhere else is ill advised.

So, drop it please and thank you. The staff works hard to keep the drama llama away, we'd be pleased to keep it that way. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back