• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Your team is Hera weak' (Heavy Offense) - Suspect RMT [Peaked at #10]

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    'Your team is Hera weak' was a sentence very common in early D/P. As Salamence, one of the biggest offensive checks to Hera is not on this ladder, i figured id abuse that fact.

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU RATE OR IT WONT MAKE ANY SENSE.

Before i get started here are a few ground rules with Heavy Offense.

• No choice users ever. HO is about keeping the momentum, getting locked into one move is ASKING to get set up on and slaughtered on a team this frail.
    • As its about keeping the offensive momentum, no defensive Pokemon please as they are largely set up fodder. The only one ill even consider is dual screen Rotom even then its a push. A. Because it doesnt fit. B. SDef Forry can still set up Spikes on it which makes my whole team stall weak.
    • Nothing dumb and non synergistic i.e Porygon2 (lol)
    • I dont predict with this team. That means i don't SWITCH (~2 per game at MOST i switch directly into things) so nothing can set up if i don't switch out. Which means yes ill sac pokes to see something doesn't sweep me. Knowing who to sac and when makes this team decent.
    • If you say "you have too many dders" i will nail you, no one cares about "specific roles" on teams anymore, so what i have too many dders ? If it works it works.
    The team is abusive of the fact that many Pokemon beat their so called counters and checks behind screens and can rush this hole i have opened up to result in a sweep and abuses just how damn poweful fighting types are now Mence is gone, that and to decimate the "IT NEEDZ 100% COUNTERZ 2 BE OU" horrible garbage logic, notice how i have no counters to ANYTHING, but still win ? Yeah you just lost son, this style of play works even WITH Mence OU so i mean lol. I originally did this to troll (lol) people about how bad removing Salamence was and what it took AWAY from the game too. I wanted something that destroys stall additionally as its really common on suspect and thus not suck/be set up fodder like Bulky Offense.

This team isnt my best my a LONGSHOT, but most of you know me as a stall player and i see myself as this too (ive gone back to it today on suspect ladder actually hahaha) so i thought id try out something a little different and so far it has done very well for a play style i insult on a regular basis due to its bad (because of Sprinkles lolol :x). Anyways here is the team;

Overview

The Crew

Azelf @ Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 16 HP/188 Def/252 Spd/52 SDef
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen

Ok, the best dual screener in the game to start things off early game for me. Azelf has the whole package for a lead, speed, reasonable bulk (behind screens, ill elaborate shortly) and the movepool there simply isn't another Pokemon who can compare to this little guy. I usually go for the Rocks or Taunt first on all but Roserade and Heatran leads whom i Light Screen on (they ALWAYS Leaf Storm and Fire Blast first) then Taunt. If im facing a defensive team ill Reflect first turn due to "inb4scarftar" syndrome lol. Taunt, SR and Screens give me early momentum 99% of the time unless im vs Aero then ill just play around it with my team + priority then bring in Azelf later. This ev spread is great so thanks whoever made it (i think it was Chou from Smogon). Basically this lets me never be KO'd by CB Tar behind Reflect even with SS, never be 2HKO'd by Lead Trans Fire Blast behind LS, never ko'd by MM + BP from lead gross even without Reflect.
    ---

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Sniper
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Outrage
    - Substitute

After Screens this is usually the first guy i send in. Taunted leads such as Metagross cant do anything but blow up on a sub, -2 Roserade is set up fodder and a whole host of others are set up fodder for this thing. Nothing really likes dealing with Kingdra apart from Skarmory. Lum Berry is a great item, not only does it let me set up multiple DD's against status idiots like Rotom but it also lets me recover on the Outrage turn it confuses me. Synergy wise this has great synergy with Dragonite, once one dragon has massacred walls the other cleans up. Its actually really effective strategy tbh. Kingdra is also here over what used to be Gyarados as LO Starmie really stoned my team before, dunno why people use that since i mean its ScarfTar bait but whatever lol.
    ---

Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
    - Crunch
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - Stone Edge

Ah good old Babiri Tar. I put in this guy incase i lose speed ties vs other lead Azelfs. That and its good to set up on Heatran. ;D Tyranitar also weakens Swampert behind screens or at least to put it in Dragonite Outrage range. Between Nite and Tar they overwhelm Swampert and will go down soon to the constant buffeting of attacks. Tyranitar also removes Gliscor should it be stupid enough to switch in which helps Lucario and Hera. Its 2hko'd even with Babiri Berry by this thing which shows its power. I chose Babiri Berry and Fire Punch to lure in Scizor to stop it revenge killing Dragonite later game. Other than that its just standard DD Tar really.
    ---

Dragonite (M) @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Inner Focus
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Fire Punch

As Salamence is banned on this ladder ill just use the next best thing, Dragonite. Its not actually inferior or anything, i just put it in to troll people because its literally a mini Salamence and can wreck your team just as badly. I chose a Yache Berry to null all revenge kill attempts which Nite is prone to, being slower than Mence and all. Nites bulk actually helps when it is getting revenge killed too, Scizor really cant pick it off unless its below 55% so it really takes alot to bring this dragon down. Honestly if Mence was banned because of being hard to stop, then this thing should be to. The speed really doesn't make a difference tbh, especially with Yache + more bulk lol. Nite already checks/sets up on Ape btw just so you know, very few use HP Ice now.
    ---

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch

Strangely this is usually played later than Heracross. Lucario is mainly here to clean up late game. I originally had Crunch but Gengar was a real idiot if it came in on Hera and even more so if SS was up as it could Sub stall me out of Light Screen, SS ughh so i used Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch also decimates Scarf Tar. Late game the Rotoms usually wont be around and they will of usually wasted themselves trying to wall Heracross and Gliscor wastes itself the same way too, that and trying to wall T-Tar. Overall though the dual priority has helped alot more than Crunch has in all honesty.
    ---

Heracross (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Guts
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Megahorn

HERA, the MVP! Behind Dual Screens literally nothing stops this apart from like Staraptor or Crobat. Bulk, Swords Dance and the ability to hit like a TRUCK and massacre stall makes this one of the perfect candidates. Status taking is also really sweet when Rotom and Bliss fling wisps and Toxic's around (Bliss vs this team = Rofl). Even Gliscor loses to this bad boy. SD as they come in, Stone Edge, CC as they Roost for a OHKO. This works nearly all the time and really opens up possibilities with Lucario and Tar. Tar or Hera will remove Gliscor basically. Gyarados also has a habit of switching into this guy and so does Rotom and Hera massacres all of them again opening up Lucario sweeps. CC + Megahorn are amazing STABS and Stone Edge rounds off this sets great coverage. I swear if this got Mach Punch it would be UBER lol!
    ---

Considering :

Gyarados. Yeah im considering Jolly (stop Jolt revenging me) Wacan Berry Aqua Tail (2HKO Rotoms with Jolly) DD Gyarados >> D-Nite. (=[[ ilu Nite) Not because of the way Nite has performed or anything, just because i lack a solid check to Scizor, Bullet Punch really takes its toll, same with CC's from Lucario so yeah. The Wacan Berry lets me pull of 2 DD's on Rotom (one on switch and one on bolt) thus luring it for Lucario and Hera and making sweeping easier. People have been running really strange Infernapes and Heatrans lately too with T-Punch/HP Electric (even Ape!) so Gyara helps check those too.

I might consider SD Infernape >> Hera too, that depends, it'll have Mach Punch for sure though to do something to annoying scarfers but im eh about that since Hera has been amazing.

Dual Dance Kingdra to lure in Scarf Flygon because its a peenor when revenging me.

Problems :

Scarf Flygon. I hate this thing, but i usually play around it. :/

Lucario. Will be less of an issue with G-Dos.

Overall ive been surprised to say the least with what in my mind is a VERY hard to do playstyle. Hax etc lead me to quit laddering it. @__@

P.S. Mence really isnt uber lol

Thanks and rate away. ^^

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    You have too many DDers

I know this is hyper offense and everything, but shouldn't you have a special sweeper on your team to better handle Skarm/Forry and max HP/Def Rotom-A? I know that after a SD, Lucario and Hera would be able to 2hko Skamory at the least, but it's just a suggestion.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    You have too many DDers

I know this is hyper offense and everything, but shouldn't you have a special sweeper on your team to better handle Skarm/Forry and max HP/Def Rotom-A? I know that after a SD, Lucario and Hera would be able to 2hko Skamory at the least, but it's just a suggestion.

Skarm can set up on anything tbh it has to keep Whirlwinding and recovering so it doesn't get overwhelmed. =P

Forry is set up bait for everything lol :x

As for Rotom, Hera and Kingdra sets up on it.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    From experience SD ape with M-Punch is something Gyara likes to come at, basically Gyara/Nite love setting up on it. I use Crap edge over mach punch. All HO teams (unless you're called heysup and use a scarfer) have problems with any choiced Pokemon.

You probably will pwn me but IMO Waterfall > Aqua Tail. Gyara does 128.9% - 151.7% aka garunteed OHKO after berry effect (2 dds), and does 96.7% - 114% aka garunteed OHKO to Rotom with SR (1dd). You can get another DD and then nail it. -10% accuracy sucks and if ice fang misses for me tail would screw up badly. (Calcs are done on Rotom-h, scarf set, gyara running jolly, smogon's calc)
    SD ape might not be a bad idea, but it doesn't severly damage gyara / dnite. If you really want a priority abuser to beat scarfers SD Scizor works. I run it and it works fine.

I'll look for more problems later, overall looks good, unlike my noob team https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71230. (Replace mence with Hera and it's my suspect ladder team, currently around ~1000 CRE because I'm lazy)

Edit:
    My Skarm trick is to use the turn it roosts to use a setup move, you're probably faster than skarm so CC or whatever attack you have should quickly end it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I don't think I can improve so I just want to say 2 things:

1. Ew you would use the female Heracross.

2. Im going to steal this team.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    I don't think I can improve so I just want to say 2 things:

1. Ew you would use the female Heracross.

2. Im going to steal this team.

He is a male on shoddy though. ;D

And noob. >o lol

From experience SD ape with M-Punch is something Gyara likes to come at, basically Gyara/Nite love setting up on it. I use Crap edge over mach punch. All HO teams (unless you're called heysup and use a scarfer) have problems with any choiced Pokemon.

You probably will pwn me but IMO Waterfall > Aqua Tail. Gyara does 128.9% - 151.7% aka garunteed OHKO after berry effect (2 dds), and does 96.7% - 114% aka garunteed OHKO to Rotom with SR (1dd). You can get another DD and then nail it. -10% accuracy sucks and if ice fang misses for me tail would screw up badly. (Calcs are done on Rotom-h, scarf set, gyara running jolly, smogon's calc)
    SD ape might not be a bad idea, but it doesn't severly damage gyara / dnite. If you really want a priority abuser to beat scarfers SD Scizor works. I run it and it works fine.

I'll look for more problems later, overall looks good, unlike my noob team https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71230. (Replace mence with Hera and it's my suspect ladder team, currently around ~1000 CRE because I'm lazy)

Edit:
    My Skarm trick is to use the turn it roosts to use a setup move, you're probably faster than skarm so CC or whatever attack you have should quickly end it.

Yeah i do that too, the Skarm thing haha.

I dunno, can Gyara REALLY set up on you if you don't use SE ?

+1 (Intimidate) LO Close Combat Vs Offensive DD Gyara : 59.5% - 70.1% if it DD's on me i ko next turn with Mach Punch.

+2 LO CC Vs D-Nite : 70.3% - 82.7% same thing here.

If either live i can ES them and with SR Nite has a chance to be OHKO'd.

And the only Gyara who isnt KO'd is those Bulky Gyara's who cant beat Kingdra well (especially if i bulk it up and make it the double dance set).

Ill definitely be dropping BP for Stone Edge to beat Gyara however on my Luke if i put in ape to lure Gyara early game.

Im really liking Mach Punch calcs though, stripping off 58-68% of flygons hp after an SD seems really promising.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Like you said on Ape and Tran on TPunch/HP Elec, I can't really know what set they run. They could run a bulky set or something, but I never saw a taunt coming because gyara is zetta slow. Probably running a strange set. Try mach punch, I never said it's bad. You can use flygon for your advantage, like if it kills luke with EQ go to gyara to DD on the switch and if they bring in something with elec move DD again and you're faster than scarf flygon. Aka it dies.

btw Hera is a real beast... I agree that if it got mach punch Hera to ubers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> uber mence.

Back