• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How would you feel if Black and White were delayed and made into 3DS games?

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Just as the title says. How would you feel if Black and White were delayed and made into 3DS games, with added features and 3D graphics?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'd actually be ok, as I want to buy soul silver and platinum as well, and play through them. This is assuming that they would still be playable on a normal ds though. because otherwise I'd be really annoyed since i've only had my dsi for half a year and am not ready yet for a new ds. But if it could play on a normal ds, then that'd be cool, because I could play it, and one day when I get a 3ds i could experience it on that

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Wait.. I always thought they WERE coming on the 3DS, because of all the features, but if they are not, well, No, I wouldn't mind it, If I can wait another Year for just the game then I can wait another few months just to get cooler features!

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Wait.. I always thought they WERE coming on the 3DS, because of all the features, but if they are not, well, No, I wouldn't mind it, If I can wait another Year for just the game then I can wait another few months just to get cooler features!

H-how could you think that? XD; Every news source has said it's coming out for the DS, so you don't have to wait.~ The third game may come out for the 3DS but don't take my word for it; that's mere speculation.

And to answer the topic, ha... I really wouldn't want to wait. I'm fine with playing Black&White on my 'ole DSi. I've already decided I'm getting a 3DS, though. There IS going to be a Pokemon game for that console sooner or later.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    And these games being on the regular DS gives us a direct connection every generation, so the next few games will also be tied. If it went strait to 3DS I don't think it would be like this.

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
    Nope, im impatient lol im having trouble even waiting almost a year for the games as it is. And i wont have a 3ds for a long time so i dont even want to worry about the backwards combatiibility for a pokemon game that would come out on the 3ds so yea if they pushed it back id cry...a lot :P

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I'd actually be ok, as I want to buy soul silver and platinum as well, and play through them. This is assuming that they would still be playable on a normal ds though. because otherwise I'd be really annoyed since i've only had my dsi for half a year and am not ready yet for a new ds. But if it could play on a normal ds, then that'd be cool, because I could play it, and one day when I get a 3ds i could experience it on that

i wouldnt mind waiting because it would have better graphics and automatic updates

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    I would be angry; like some others say, I only just got a newer DS, and I'm not ready to turn it in for the little amount my local Gamestop gives out so I can shell out another $100+ dollars in such a short amount of time. They need to slow down a little on the game system releasing; I keep hearing about the newest one just as the NEXT new one is about a month away from its release. I get that they have to make money, but really?

Edit: Also, one of my friends doesn't even have a DS yet, and what are some of our friends and me doing? Pooling a fund together to get her a DS lite. I mean, yeah, she'd FINALLY be able to play all the fourth generation games and stuff, but...it'd kind of make us look like we thought of this a little too late. =/

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    I think I'd be pretty great. But if they decide to make so; they'd be delayed a lot.
    They'd have to improve the graphics for them to be on-par with 3DS games (and we've seen how detailed those GC-like graphics are). That'd be lots of work, IMO.

Maybe Black and White for DS/DSL/DSi, and the third version (Brown, Purple, Gray or whatever) for the 3DS?

Years
    I actually hoped they were going to do this to begin with before the 3DS was even rumored. I just figured the next generation of Pokemon would be on the next generation's handheld console. ):

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I would be fine with this but... I'd have to see how sprite games (like Professor Layton) look on it. I know the franchise will head to 3DS eventually, and I think the DS has been long overdue for a new installment (and thus the PKMN series needs a new console too) but I'm in no major hurry.

I guess I'd be fine with it if it happens but I don't particularly want it to happen, as impossible as it is. XD;

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    i wouldnt mind it becasue what is going to happen in 2 years when the third verison comes out is it going to be on an outdated systym

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I wouldnt really mind.... Ign and others are expecting the 3DS to have a japanese 2011 march release! Which could mean that if they waited for the game to be released to the 3DS but they already finished the game in September 2010 they could translate the game right when its done, and release it when the 3DS comes out! Think about it... this would kick start the 3DS, FX: Several million people buy the 3DS at its launch and are looking for an obviously high quality game; Pokemon Black & White. and Pick up those. And vice versa some people will buy the 3DS becuase the new Pokemon game would be released on it. It probably wont happen thought....

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    i wouldnt mind it becasue what is going to happen in 2 years when the third verison comes out is it going to be on an outdated systym
    Emerald came out after the release of the DS, and it did just fine. I doubt the third version will be on the 3DS. Heck, the only reason Black and White are on DS is probably because they started development directly after HG/SS and were too far in to restart once they got wind of the 3DS.

If these games were pushed back... ugh. No thanks, I'm fine with them on the DS. They will be great as-is, and besides, I only just got a second DS and can now finally trade between games. I have no desire to get a 3DS for quite some time yet.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    My guess would be that the third version and the RS remakes wil be for the 3DS.
    But, anyways, I'm gonna feel really odd about it because I can't remember a similar thing to ever happen in the history of gaming. o_O

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    I wouldnt really mind.... Ign and others are expecting the 3DS to have a japanese 2011 march release! Which could mean that if they waited for the game to be released to the 3DS but they already finished the game in September 2010 they could translate the game right when its done, and release it when the 3DS comes out! Think about it... this would kick start the 3DS, FX: Several million people buy the 3DS at its launch and are looking for an obviously high quality game; Pokemon Black & White. and Pick up those. And vice versa some people will buy the 3DS becuase the new Pokemon game would be released on it. It probably wont happen thought....
    Sorry but it doesn't work that simply they would have to recode for a wider screen, recode for 3D then add functions for the slidepad (joystick), six axis and the gyro the not to mention black/white's graphics are **** compared to the 3DS' capabilities

Back