• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Black and White - Seasons

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    If you watched the new trailer, you may have noticed that seasons are apparently included in the 5th Gen. What do you think it'll be like?

I hope that we get season-exclusive Pokémon, like the Pokémon that we can only fin at certain times of the day, or days of the week!!!!!!!! :D

I hope these will be real seasons, like on Animal Crossing; not fake seasons that change throughout the week, or something like that.

I also think that we will see special forms of Pokémon, depending on the season (something like the forms of Burmy).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If you watched the new trailer, you may have noticed that seasons are apparently included in the 5th Gen. What do you think it'll be like?

I hope that we get season-exclusive Pokémon, like the Pokémon that we can only fin at certain times of the day, or days of the week!!!!!!!! :D

I hope these will be real seasons, like on Animal Crossing; not fake seasons that change throughout the week, or something like that.

I also think that we will see special forms of Pokémon, depending on the season (something like the forms of Burmy).
    A pokemon that evolves to different pokemon varying my season is cool, we could also have a season version of Castform ;)

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I think that the seasons should change the way real time seasons do, but be different in different parts of Isshu. Like when the northern part is having Summer, the southern part will be having Winter, or something like that. The only reason for that is so noone has to wait half a year to get a Pokemon thats only available in Spring.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think that the seasons should change the way real time seasons do, but be different in different parts of Isshu. Like when the northern part is having Summer, the southern part will be having Winter, or something like that. The only reason for that is so noone has to wait half a year to get a Pokemon thats only available in Spring.
    That would be weird, the region isn't based on a equator country...

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014

I hope it won't be like that. The region isn't that big! Plus, waiting a possible 3/4 of a year adds more replay value XD If you don't want to wait, just tlchange the date on your DS.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I like the idea of finding new pokemon in different seasons, but if it was realtime seasons omg.. you'd have to wait forever to get different pokemon, I think it should change monthly not three monthly

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    ooooohhhh!! Jaiyke'gasm!!!! >w<
    i love love love it! =DD
    but then again since it's comming out in Spring and that would mean waiting 7-8months
    for my favorite season T~T but i don't mind =DD
    i'm just gonna LOVE playing this at Halloween time xDD hopefully Citys and Towns are
    decorated with Pumpkins that have faces xDDD
    but then again most Countrys don't celebrate Halloween so i doubt it T~T

oh well Traveling Through Huin during winter is gonna be fun!
    wonder whats gonna happen to the Dessert if the other parts are in Winter O_O;

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I really wouldnt like to wait half or three fourths of a year just because I want to get a Pokemon. Maybe if there were alternate ways to get Pokemon, like even if it were Spring there would be a way to get something like Snover or Swinub, which seem like they would be Winter Pokemon.

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I really wouldnt like to wait half or three fourths of a year just because I want to get a Pokemon. Maybe if there were alternate ways to get Pokemon, like even if it were Spring there would be a way to get something like Snover or Swinub, which seem like they would be Winter Pokemon.

I'm sure the mountain peaks would always be in winter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I was reminded of Animal Crossing too. It would amazing to have new Pokemon per season. It would really increase the ingame Longevity. I wonder if there could be any Pokemon formes depending on the seasons- as a show case? I doubt it though, I'm sure it would have been shown to us by now.

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I was reminded of Animal Crossing too. It would amazing to have new Pokemon per season. It would really increase the ingame Longevity. I wonder if there could be any Pokemon formes depending on the seasons- as a show case? I doubt it though, I'm sure it would have been shown to us by now.
    I doubt we would know about it this soon. Think of how long it took us to learn about Shaymin's/Giratina's/Rotom's forms. Also, we didn't know about Drifloon only being available at certain times of the week for a while, either.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    My guess is that if there are differences in pokemon during different seasons, the change will be minor. I couldn't imagine Game Freak making a large number of pokemon unavailable until the new season starts. And as for real time, I hope it is and if you want to change the seasons I would think that you could simply change the date on your DS.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Even a whole month is too long for the change if you ask me. I wouldn't have a problem with maybe every two or three weeks. I like the idea of certain Pokemon evolving during certain seasons, as well as finding certain ones... though I don't think that last one will happen. If anything, we'll see evolutions or different formes with the seasons.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I love this Idea!
    I hope it changes with the season in real life or mabey monthly like others have said.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I doubt we would know about it this soon. Think of how long it took us to learn about Shaymin's/Giratina's/Rotom's forms. Also, we didn't know about Drifloon only being available at certain times of the week for a while, either.

Good point. I was thinking it would something they'd have been keen to advertise. But yes, you're probably right.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Things to consider:
    If there is version-exclusive Pokemon, fakes season will be necisarry since tou would have to wait 3-9 months for a specific Pokemon.
    Second, I can see Pokemon with different forms durng the season, Like Burmy perhaps.
    And what about winter? In D/P/Pt, walking/running/biking in snow is very slow compared to other terrains. Hopefully this isn't the case this time around.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    But seasons last like; 2-3 months. >:O I don't want it to be winter in the game for soo long. I'd be finish with the game by then.

Years
    I think an AC format of seasons would be good for Pokemon. Hey, so you have to wait a couple of months to complete your fishy collection? So why not wait a couple of months to get your Pokeymanz? It makes you feel more accomplished when you get that Pokemon you've been wanting for a long time.

:D

Thingula

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I think an AC format of seasons would be good for Pokemon. Hey, so you have to wait a couple of months to complete your fishy collection? So why not wait a couple of months to get your Pokeymanz? It makes you feel more accomplished when you get that Pokemon you've been wanting for a long time.

:D

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Everyone: Argue with this logic! XD

Back