• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Hey this evo turned out pretty good <3

Yeah I think it's ok too. Not as good as the basic form in my view, but it's not bad. If the Grass monkey evolution turns out as predicted it'll probably be my favourite of the three, even if I don't find Grass-types very useful in general.

The Red Chain

Well now my favorite evolution out of the monkeys is Yanappu's. Hiyappu's is too feminine for my tastes, and Baoppu's has a funny looking sprite.. dunno what it is, but I'm not digging it. XD

Just in case some of you haven't seen Yanappu or Hiyappu's evolutions, here they are :

Spoiler:

Courtesy of Serebii.com

Yanappu's evolution is so awesome! <3 I wonder if perhaps Hiyappu's evolution has gender differences.. but there is no screenshot about Serebii's being female [or whoever the image belongs to].. so I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yanakki, Yanappu's evolution is looking a lot better than the other two in my opinion. Baokkii and Hiyakki look as if they were done in just a couple days or wasn't looked after much. Hiyakki looks really feminine; I would've expected a more fierce with a cute input for all three of them.

I think Nintendo could have put in more time in designing the three as well as a lot of the other pokémon that we've discovered today. Though I'll admit, taking a look at the new pokémon announced out of these three, they have a decent look seeing as some of the new ones look very overdone. ):

Last edited:

The Red Chain

I just saw this, and I have to rant about it.

Why on earth do all three monkeys have exactly the same base stats? Could they really not put any variation on them at all? I know they are a trio, but even the past gen trios all had varying stats, while keeping the same base stat total and overall design. I know they spent 4 years developing these games and we should accept their hard work, but c'mon. 4 years and you couldn't give a little more difference to this poor trio?

They got pretty effed in base stats too hp/defense wise. Guess that marks Yanappu and it's evolution down on the flimsy grass-type list, which was expected to begin with. Pure Grass types just get no love. Pity, I really expected more out of this trio.. ;_;

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The water monkey's evolution will take some time to get used to, but I do love the other two. Especially the grass monkey's. Must be the head fur.

But it is weird that they have the same base stats. I would have thought that one at least would be different for each monkey. For shame.

I'm still going to use them on one of my in-game teams.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This question doesn't really belong here - however, the starters are Pokabu, Mijumaru and Tsutaaja, while the professor is Aragari. Next time, ask in the starter thread? :)

Years
    Yanakki is the best monkey of the trio I knew I'd like Yanappu the best. the fire one looks lazy and the water one got ruined since the evo came out, too bad I liked the water one 2nd but now I just hated both the water and fire monkey.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    I actually wanted to have the water monkey because it looked so cool with all that blue color but then I saw it's evolution Hiyakki and I almost threw up. I never knew that even among pokémon there were some that take money for having *** and stuff. :'D To me it looks something out of Disney Channel's cartoons gone really badly wrong. Don't get me wrong but the pose and all just looks too girly and way too weird when compared to Baokki and Yanakki. I actually consider taking either Baokki or Yanakki into my final team before facing E4 depenging do I start with Tsutarja or Pokabu.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    speak, hear and see no evil?

I've really been wondering whats with everyone is having sigs with the elemental chimps saying speak no evil or whatever.

Just a quick question who started this and what is it about?

Lock this thread after an acceptable answer plz.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with the Hiyappu, Boappu and Yanappu thread, since that's what the question is about.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've really been wondering whats with everyone is having sigs with the elemental chimps saying speak no evil or whatever.

Just a quick question who started this and what is it about?

Lock this thread after an acceptable answer plz.

It's believed that the three elemental monkeys are based on this ancient Japanese legend based on their poses and facial expression in official artwork.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    It's believed that the three elemental monkeys are based on this ancient Japanese legend based on their poses and facial expression in official artwork.

That is so cool! I'd like to tie Aipom/Ambipom into this, since Aipom looks very much like the three elemental monkeys... The article said that sometimes there is a fourth monkey, Mizaru, that crosses its arms to reference the principle of 'do no evil'. Since Aipom's distinctive feature is its tail-hand, and hands are primarily for doing things with, it could sort of serve as the "fourth monkey"...

Major plus for BW Pokemon design! :D

Back