• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
    Years
    Pokémon Fire Shadow

Hack Information

ROM Base: Fire Red(US)
    Author: zZJoennZz/aSeRo141414
    Language: English
    Region: Amand

Story

Your going to wake up and going to get your first pokemon from Prof. Ayako, the pokemon is not too rare. Going to first town you see a unknown pokemon, and it's too strong like legendary have a power to transform. Then after you battle that unknown pokemon your pokemon is injured you run fast to home to get the pokemon heal. And your promise is to catch that unknown pokemon and be a pokemon master but many problem you encounter to get your promise, you gonna encounter the evil gang called Black Hound there going to be compete to you to catch the unknown pokemon.

Note:The story is not completed yet.. :D

Features

Green Font=Completed
    Violet Font=On Progress
    Red Font=Not yet strated

New Title Screen
    New Maps
    New Scripts
    Insert Sinnoh and 5th gen pokemon
    Story
    New Pokemon Trainer Sprite
    New Tiles
    Starters Machop, Spheal and Pidgey
    New Boot Screen

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Progress

Maps: 5%
    Scripting: 2%
    Spriting: 10%
    TitleScreen: 70%
    OW: 0%

Support

Pokémon Fire Shadow

Code:
    [PLAIN][URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234366"][IMG]https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz249/joenn14/PokemonFireRedUserBar.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]
    Pokémon Fire Shadow

Code:
    [PLAIN][URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234366"][IMG]https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz249/joenn14/FireShadowUB.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]
    Pokémon Fire Shadow

Team

Me - Mapper/Scripter/Spriter/
    leachim_paloyz15
    aye
    mustafa505
    sidewinder7
    White

Credits

Toonie-Banner and Userbar
    Flygon-For being awesome and help me in the starters
    ~Red~-Userbar
    874521-Tiles
    Laidjon-Tiles
    Astar-Boot Screen

CSS ©zZJoennZz. Don't use without my permission

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    Wow, this hack is looking very good!
    The titlescreen looks totally awesome and the boot screen kicks butt!

Oddly enough, when i read the story, I thought it was about Mew, but then seeing Zoroark like, three times, I realized it was was about him instead. The idea of gettibng a sucky Pokemon is good, that motivatres people to catch a better one (but Pidgey seems too common to be with Spheal & Machop, I'd say to put in another Pokemon that's harder to find than a Pidgey)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    The maps look like the type of maps that we all made the first week or two after discovering ROM hacking. Seriously, they're that bad. The transition between the shades of purple in the copyright image screenshot are way too sharp. You should apply dithering or use darker colors to ease the change. Comparing grammar and spelling between the "Story" section and the three measly screenshots that show any form of scripting, it's clear that you're reusing preexisting scripts. I suggest you work on your "hack" in private to hone your skills before posting it publicly.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    Also, I didn't notice it earlier, but the maps do kinda need a bit of work like colcolstyles.
    The lab looks like nothing was changed and the "one worth raising" and "very easy to raise" haven't changed a bit.
    One more thing, the last two maps seem a tad bit too empty space that could be used up. Plus, the mountain's triple stairs at the bottom look odd to me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    The titlescreen looks very nice, but I don't really like the font you used for the bootscreen (in my opinion, the bolded large text doesn't look very nice). The mapping needs alot of work too, and make sure when you're using stairs, to remember there are two types of stair tiles, one with shadows, and one without. Make sure to put the one with shadows at the furthermost left, with the ones without shadows to the right if you're using three tile wide stairs.

Also, i'd agree with Teh Blazer, pidgey does seem too common to be with Spheal and Machop. Maybe something like a Taillow would fit better, exept something with 2 evolutions? Anyways, good luck on this, it needs improvements, but once you fix those, this'll be much better.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    It looks really great, and it's a very good idea. And i don't think people should complain about the maps before they read the progress part.

MAPS!!!: 5%
    Scripting: 2%
    Spriting: 10%
    TitleScreen: 70%
    OW: 0%

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    The tree tiles don't really fit the other tiles... =\ So you should work on that. And I can see you're working on the story, so alright, since it's a little too short. Titlescreen's pretty decent(= Also the maps have tons of empty space. Fix that. XP Anyways hope to see more soon..

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
    Years
    The tree tiles don't really fit the other tiles... =\ So you should work on that. And I can see you're working on the story, so alright, since it's a little too short. Titlescreen's pretty decent(= Also the maps have tons of empty space. Fix that. XP Anyways hope to see more soon..
    Hey! It's me zZJoennZz! and this was cancelled and my mapper continue this, please close this thread! I have a new and more good.. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back