• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What would you change [ #7 ]

Would you like to change anything in B/W?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

97.png
    499.png
    82.png
    38.png
    586-s.png
    21.png

Let's say you were the creator of Black and White. You're having second thoughts about some of the things you added or did not add in and decide to change those bits around. What would you change or include for the games?

Whether it be the Pokémon designs, character plots, the evil team's storyline, etc. discuss what you would like to have or be removed from Black and White.

★★★ Perhaps you like everything in B/W just how way it is? Or maybe you believe there could be a couple touchings needed to be done for the games. Maybe there are things you thought could be removed. Discuss away! ★★★

Last edited:

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • I would definitely change the way some Pokémon look! And the rest I'm not quite sure since I haven't played the game. But most of the things I want to change is the Pokémon design. Oh and maybe make the game a bit more different and interesting, such as twin rivals or something.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I like everything how it is. :3 It all fits together, in my opinion. Although... I didn't actually play Black or White yet... But in the videos it looks good. XD

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • More rods (that's what she said), Pokeathlon instead of Musicals, evolution levels are way too high, berries, obvious evolutions being evolutions...there are more but I'll edit this post with them later.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I haven't played yet and have no complains. But I read about PokeMusicals, thank you poster above for reminding me, I hate the fact tat they just took the best part of the Sinnoh Super Contests out of it and re-branded it PokeMusical. So we really could have done without that or it could be changed or they should have just left the Super Contests as they are.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Is there a Safari Zone? I'm fairly sure there isn't, so that is what I would include. :>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Haven't played the games yet, though the only thing I'd change that I know of is the backsprites in the battles for your Pokemon~

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Is there a Safari Zone? I'm fairly sure there isn't, so that is what I would include. :>

Yes, there is a Safari Zone.

I'd remove Pokemon Musicals, as a few others have already said. It seems solely for girls. But I also think this is because the Pokeathlon was more for boys(though it didn't look completely for guys) so the Pokemon Musical is more for girls. But either way, i'd get rid of 'em :P
    That's all i'll say as i've only seen videos and read walkthroughs. But those make the game seem really good(now if only I read Japanese...)

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I would change a few of the Pokemon's designs-ex. the baby polar bear, do we really need it's nose to ooze with snot?!

I would also bring back the feature from SoulSilver/HeartGold that your Pokemon follow you. It would make sense in Black/White, because the entire plot is about bonding and coexisting with Pokemon, so why can't we bond with them by walking around with them?

Also, I love the feature that you we have unlimited TM use. But I can't stand that we don't get a lot of the good TMs like Flamethrower, ice beam, etc, until post-game...I wanted certain moves before I took on the Eite Four.

And I haven't tried the musicals, but I don't think I will like them. I miss the Pokeathalon.

I wouldn't change the plot, because the plot was so EPIC, AMAZING, AWE-INSPIRING. I was blown away by the plot. B/W may be lacking in certain features that I loved in SS/HG, but it is by far the greatest of all Pokemon games!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well the only thing I'd change is having pkmn follow you again like MrsNorrington said. Other than that, no complaints!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Yes, there is a Safari Zone.

I'd remove Pokemon Musicals, as a few others have already said. It seems solely for girls. But I also think this is because the Pokeathlon was more for boys(though it didn't look completely for guys) so the Pokemon Musical is more for girls. But either way, i'd get rid of 'em :P
    That's all i'll say as i've only seen videos and read walkthroughs. But those make the game seem really good(now if only I read Japanese...)

According to Bulbapedia, there isn't. :\ Also, I wouldn't class the White Forest as a Safari Zone as you don't get bait, Safari Balls, limited steps etc. Also, it doesn't help that it is only in Pokemon White. :S From the sounds of them, Pokemon musicals sound horrible. I want the Pokeathlon back. ;_; I actually enjoyed the Pokeathlon. XD

Another thing I'd like is for there to be more Dive spots. :|

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The only thing that I will change with these 2 games are replacing the Pokemon musicals with the Pokemon contest. Yeah the Pokemon musicals look cute and its new, but I prefer the Pokemon Super Contest. As for adding stuff, I wish that they would have put a Battle Frontier in these games because I've always loved the Battle Frontier

:t354:TG

Years
  • I'd change the exp-system back. I haven't even gotten past the first badge yet in BW because they made grinding such a major pain. I wonder how bad the pre-E4 situation is going to be.

Years
  • The first thing which came to my mind were triple battles, rotation battles and the version exclusive areas.

There are far too few battles of these new types in the games. I've often encountered trainers which had 3 Pokémon and would be perfect to battle this way but it was always just a one on one battle. Why not add triple battles to the league or the first gym and a bunch of other places?

Black city and white forest would be okay, but unfortunately you need to high link with other people to actually make things appear in these areas. My Black city is completely empty, I can't buy any of the evolution stones and I'm missing out on all of the extra battles. I don't know anyone else in my area who has the game. I would make them always availble or at least be obtainable over Wifi.

One thing I also miss are the points which were displayed on your trainer card in some of the previous games and the ability to view some of your game statistics like how many Pokémon you have battled. I would bring those back.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Customizable trainer characters. Or at the very least redesign the female character so she doesn't look so... backwoods-like... Her design is my primary issue with these games so far, and the reason I'm not particularly excited about them.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I wish they added the feature from HeartGold and SoulSilver, with the lead Pokemon in your party followed behind you and you could talk to it.

I loved that feature and I still do.

And like 560cool, I would love the return of the V.S Seeker.

They can be very useful for in-game training and grinding.

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
  • Add the Follow feature.
    Add customizing trainers.
    Add Safari Zone.

That's all I can think of.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • As many people already said I would like to see the follow feature(but add the option to have it on and off). Also Gym Leader rematches(which I am pretty sure are not available) I don't have the game so I am not %100 sure.

Back