• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What would you change [ #7 ]

Would you like to change anything in B/W?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ^ Yeah we have no rematches in these games sadly :(
    If I could change something I would have given Majimaru's final form the steal type, and Tsutarja's final form the dark type :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    So from what I hear here, there is no Safari Zone or VS Seeker. Though from what I hear other places, there is a safari zone...

-I like that the battle subway can take you all over Isshu
    -Have pokemon follow you. I was expecting you'd be able to. Apparently not.
    -I wouldn't change many of the designs. Though tiny parts of some are in desperate need of change.
    -Be able to customize your character! That would be the best feature[:
    -Add a VS Seeker

And @Magmaruby and Aquasapphire: Eww, I don't really like those typings, plus I don't really see your reasoning behind them =/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What I'd put in the game is the walking feature. I'd also take out Musicals and put the Pokeathlon back in. Some Pokemon's evolutionary levels are unreasonably high (the Monozu line and Meraruba line are 2 notable examples), so I'd lower them (Monozu would evolve at level 36, Jiheddo would evolve at level 50 and Meraruba would evolve via happiness instead of their old evolution methods). I'd also put the Game Corner back in.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Customizable trainer characters. Or at the very least redesign the female character so she doesn't look so... backwoods-like... Her design is my primary issue with these games so far, and the reason I'm not particularly excited about them.

Awww! But come on, she's so much more attractive than Lyra! That was my only disappointment with SoulSilver, Lyra looked terrible. I was so relieved to have an attractive character for BW.

Years
    No Safari Zone?

What is this I don't even-

Anyway I would make the Menu permanent on the BS than the C-Gear, which is kinda stupid considering it takes more battery life like the Sinnoh Underground

Make Monozu available in Fukiyose Cave as well, I mean come on Victory Road?

Jalorda/Smugod the Poison type, the least I can do

Make a region of islands like the Orange Islands with 5 Leaders with varying competitions, such as no Ground-types or no Pokemon with a speed stat higher than 100

And finally customizable trainers.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hmmm, maybe get rid of the musicals... but I guess I like everything else.

Overall these games were really awsome, any other features needed would probably be put into the third game. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Fix that weird exp. gain problem. It's hard to grind levels at the beginning of the game and that frustrates me because I like evolving my starter before the first gym, and BW was the first game I actually couldn't do that.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I have yet to play to an extent at which I can fully interpret all the features and aspects of B/W. But from my small amount of experience, I'm fairly content with how everything is; It all sort of fits together, I suppose. There could have been a few other features, but I won't go too deep on that.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Personally I found Isshu to be a bit small and linear. I would have made the routes and cities a bit more interwinding like Sinnoh and Kanto instead of being one big hexagon with nothing inside.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^ I would be inclined to agree - I always tended to prefer places where I didn't have to go to place x after doing y.

There's a few things I would change - say the lack of Pokemon obtainable before the first gym, for starters. You're limited to the starter, monkey, dog, cat and angry-and-had-too-much-coffee rodent afaik which sems too narrow a limit for the first gym to me.

Features like Pokmon following you is another thing I felt was absent and another side-game to do that is far more entertaining than the musicals (even contests are better, never mind stuff like the Underground or Pokathlon) would have been nice. It dosn't even have a Safari zone or Game corner it seems (the latter may be for valid reasons however -_-). The Musical thing however comes off as really short-lived entertainment to me however.

A better way to rebattle people (nothing bar people in a few places that will rebattl you is worse than calling/vs seeker imo), gym leader rematches (although I'd expect that to be in the 3rd version), more double/triple battles (SO often there were cases where I expect a double battle... but instead there were single battles only)...

I liked the games overall (and I hadn't looked at much post-E4 stuff or things like Dream World) but it is lacking in some regards, IMO.

Nitronite

You wanted something?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Yeah, overall. it sounds pretty cool. Though I would get rid of Musicals... I mean seriously? Musicals!? Why not something like Battle of the Bands? Fight pokes for tha drums, Psychic for keyboard and something or the other for the rest. Whos with me!? *cricket chirp* Yeah, I didn't think so either. Hmm.... how about character classes?! (this is an idea i got from some other forum). Like for Breeder, quarter egg hatch time or for Youngster random catch rates?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I would love the slot machines and the follow feature added the most D;

And I most of all I would prefer that there are gym rematches. Can't believe they didn't add the re matches. No fun versing the gym leaders only once...

;_____________________________;

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Well, it seems kinda picky but, I would have liked features within the battle scene instead of a shaded green circle.

Oh, and maybe they could have added some sort of Minigames in the Musical (or something...)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Jalorda/Smugod the Poison type, the least I can do

You. Did not. Just say that. -.-
    You actually want that? That was what everyone else I talked about it to on another website didn't want...
    (including me -.-)

I stick by what I have said before:

Nakuzami said:
    I'd remove Pokemon Musicals, as a few others have already said. It seems solely for girls. But I also think this is because the Pokeathlon was more for boys(though it didn't look completely for guys) so the Pokemon Musical is more for girls. But either way, i'd get rid of 'em :P
    That's all i'll say as i've only seen videos and read walkthroughs. But those make the game seem really good(now if only I read Japanese...)

Nakuzami said:
    -I wouldn't change many of the designs. Though tiny parts of some are in desperate need of change.
    -Add a VS Seeker

And now I must say:
    All you people really hate the high levels/hard experiance, huh? Well, that's kinda the point of these games, to be more challenging. I kinda like the idea. Besides, the fact that all of the elite 4's levels are exactly the same...that's kinda sad...and they're not even high...

Now I say:

-Add rematches, especially to gym leaders.
    -Y muchos mas! <----(I believe I said that right)

Years
    So from what I hear here, there is no Safari Zone or VS Seeker. Though from what I hear other places, there is a safari zone...

-Add a VS Seeker

And @Magmaruby and Aquasapphire: Eww, I don't really like those typings, plus I don't really see your reasoning behind them =/

He's entitled to his own opinion, nothing wrong with that.

The only aesthetic thing I'd add is the follow me feature. The game is perfect to me otherwise. C:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Has anyone mentioned the auto-run feature yet? ;_;

And the Musicals - yes, it is very cute, but I really want more player interaction other than just matching the timing then pressing 'appeal' for an applause...
    Pokemon Musical is interesting side-quest, but I hope to expand it so you get to do more and get a reward out of it, like a trainer card upgrade or some ribbons or whatever.

QuilavaZ

Dragon & Water Type Trainer
    Years
    I would change a few of the Pokemon's designs-ex. the baby polar bear, do we really need it's nose to ooze with snot?!
    Well, this is Nintendo. Miyamoto has a fetish for outward belly buttons, there were hundreds of kids with gigantic snot bubbles in Zelda: Wind Waker, anddd a bunch of other stuff.

Anyway, I think Pokemon should follow you, that the trading process between 4G and 5G shouldn't be Pal Park-ish (actually, the whole thing needs to be changed, seriously, no HM moves?) and the whole game is really a cakewalk. The elite four are around level 40-50, they make it easy to catch the game's legendary (you HAVE to catch it, actually), and the roaming legendaries aren't even annoying. Sure, the starters are the weakest ever (accoring to Bulbapedia), but it's still too easy. And WHAT I UP with them giving you a fossil a day!? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE CHALLENGING!
    But besides that, I think it's perfect :P.

Back