• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which protagonist?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • So, for those that imported, which protagonist did you play as? And if you haven't played, who do you plan on playing as? I'm playing as the chick in White since she's probably my favorite heroine. I like her design a lot more than past female players. And I'll play as the guy in Black since well...I'm tired of the girl sprite, and I really should quit playing as the opposite gender. lol

So, how bout y'all? :) No I don't know their names I'm a horrible person. ;o;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • If I do get both games than I will be both :)

Otherwise the guy. I always choose on which sprite looks best. I think the guy's sprite looks slightly better but nothing beats Dawns sprite

NejiForce

Kh-Fan
    Years
  • I played the female because the male looks like evry gen...
    (and I played(without RSS)just the female because the male are always liitle boys with a hat)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As always, I'm playing as the male protagonist (Touya) because he looks like Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • As I have for the past few generations, I'll be playing as the female protagonist. I've always done this, and I'll probably even end up calling her Hayley.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm going to play as the girl. Her sprite is muuuch better than the guy's. I still don't like how the male looks, so yeah. Plus I usually play as the girl. :x

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Whilst playing Japanese White, I played as the male protagonist, however now I'm considering (when I get the english version) playing as the female protagonist, I think she looks awesome and I rarely play as the female, so I might give it a try!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll play as the male protagonist in White...

and then when I get the third version I'll play as the female protagonist.

It was like that in the 4th gen too.

I like these new protagonists, they both look better than any previous ones.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • The only time I played as the male protagonist was in the RSE games. Mostly because of Rubys/Brendans outfit. If I get ahold to another copy of pokemon White, I will play as him. But for now, Im going as the female protagonist in Black.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'll be playing as the guy just because I really don't care, and would rather play with a character that matches my gender. I do like the girls design more, however, but probably won't ever play as her.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm going to be playing as the guy as he looks like the main character of Yu-gi-oh GX, lol irony that the two mascot of these games remind me of two Yugi-oh cards themselves...

Years
  • The female cause I love her design, and also purely because I love playing as my own gender :D Also not as keen on the design of the male this time around, which makes it an even easier decision lol :D

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • While I admit that the male character is somewhat generic and the female seems to have a more refreshing design, I'll still probably pick the male, as is my custom. however, I may have a change of heart of get the opposite/third version to play as the female.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Its been on my mind a little bit on who to play as, the male or female Protagonist, and because I never go the female protagonist, purely because I'm a male, but now I think there's nothing wrong with it and it's a change so I'll be playing as the female, Touko :) she's also hot IMO ;)

Snowflakes

GONNA HATE?
    Years
  • I honestly don't know. :x
    I'll probably play as White, but I'm not a fan of her design...her pony tail looks like it's glued on the top of her hat and I hate shorts.
    Black's design is...alright. Eh. He kinda looks like he's trying to be Ash, but not really.
    But, I'll stick with White. Her design isn't fantastic, but she's got same-gender bonus. ;P

...I'd love it if there was a generation where the guys wear short-shorts and the girls wear baggy jeans. That's something I can get behind.
    ...Gamefreak, you have until the eighth generation (PFFT! As if their creativity will last that long) to do this.
    I'll be sending you letters to check on you.
    I've got your cell phone number (Don't ask me how, you won't like it). I'll call you once a week.
    K? K.

The Red Chain

I'll be choosing miss Touko, the female protagonist. :3
    I love how the male looks, but Touko is just adorable. Gotta go with cute being the girly person that I am.

I used to not be too fond of Touko actually.. then came all the fanart of her, and that's where she finally caught me. <3

Back