• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ragnarok Rising (PG-13)

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Well, after my first attempt at an RP kinda failed on me, I decided to try again, with a more controllable plot and not that many people to worry about! This one will be better.

Plot:

Lately, the Pokemon world has been in shambles. Heat waves and Tidal Waves running rampant on the continents from Kanto to Isshu, Pokemon, wild and tamed have been acting feral with no provocation, and the increased number of Legendary Pokemon shows that something very wrong is preparing to happen.

Lately, sightings of a strange, cloaked man have appeared at the most random of areas, depicting him in a major metropolitan area, to a completely deserted area. Regardless of this, the pokemon around him seem to grow extremely dangerous and feral. Whoever this person is, nothing good can come of him.

It would seem the world has been thrown into chaos and anarchy, and no one knows the reason why. The very fate of the world seems to linger on the shoulders of these 5 Pokemon trainers, with no connections to one another. Can they put aside any differences, befriend one another and save the world?

…Arceus can only hope.

RULES:

1. PLEASE, and I cannot stress this enough, NO GODMODDING. No dodging EVERY SINGLE ATTACK sent at you, no guaranteed hits, no controlling other characters. I cannot stress that enough, it's a massive pet peeve for me.
2. No excessive swearing, I want everyone involved to be as comfortable with this as possible.
3. No flaming, no trolling, no spamming.
4. Try to make your post at least a paragraph in length.

Setting

The setting will likely be all over the map over every continent if I play this out right. But right now, let's make the starting place Isshu, more specifically…Castelia City. You can be from other cities and other Continents of course, but let's make Castelia City the meeting point.

RATING

There will likely be some violence and some swearing, so how about we play it safe and call it PG-13? Skies the limit after all

Character Application

Name: Self Explanatory.
Appearance: Anything out of the norm for your character?
Personality: What make your character unique? Does he act a certain way?
History: Try to give them a history, something unique that can show what your characters been through.
Strengths: What are their stronger parts…
Weakness: And what's weak about them?
Aspirations: Once more, Self Explanatory
Pokemon Team: Let's keep it at three for now. You'll be able to capture more, and maybe at some point be able to capture a legendary. For now…you can have one be fully evolved, but all 3 have to be AT LEAST under LV 50.

Pokemon Specs:

Species:
Nickname: If any.
Moveset:
Personality: Give em something creative, don't have them be all robotic!
History: Totally optional, if they have a history with the player.

For example, my character(s)

Name: Alexander Treehalt.
Appearance: He's average height, usually clocked at 5'10, last he checked. Always wears a hoodie and jeans, regardless of what weather it may be. His eyes are green, covered by a pair of glasses, and has a head of relatively long, brown hair.
Personality: It seems Alexander has 2 sides to him in terms of personality. One side has him as a very, VERY laid back kind of person, who doesn't seem to take many things seriously and thinks a productive day is laying under the tree with his pokemon. On the other side, he can grow very serious and compotent if his Pokemon, or other friends, happens to be in immediate danger.
History: Alexander has been over shadowed by his older brother, Stephen, who is a successful Pokemon Trainer in his little, Podunk town in the middle of Johto. As a result, he's had quite a lot of preassure to be a carbon copy of his brother by his Mother and Father. He never really saw much point in hating his brother, jealous or not. No, he decided to live his own life once his Pokemon journey began, not to have his mother and fathers idealist lifestyle forced on him. So far…eh, not that bad. Fate has a funny way of working, though.
Strengths: He has a deep, deep connection with his pokemon, and as a result can connect with them on a deeper level than most, thus helping him with Wild Pokemon as well.
Weakness: Because of his rather "laid back" attitude, he can't take anything seriously half the time, putting him in very serious danger.
Aspiration: "I just wanna live my own life, dude."
Pokemon Team: Infernape, Litwick and Growlithe

Pokemon Specs:

Species: Infernape
Nickname: None
Moveset: Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, Close Combat
Personality: He's almost word for word the same as Alexander. Sometimes he's lazy and laid back, the other he's dangerous and willing to kick some ass. Hell, he and Alexander could be twins if it weren't for the whole being different species thing.
History: As a Chimchar, he was around Alexander almost all the time, even before being officially caught by him. So, technically, he was indeed not only Alexanders first Pokemon, but first friend.
LV: 46

Species: Litwick
Moveset: Confuse Ray, Fire Spin
Personality: Litwick is the shyest of Alexander's Pokemon. Almost all the time it's hiding behind Alexander, whom it sees as its father and doesn't socialize with many people it's just met.
history: Alexander found Litwicks egg in an old haunted mansion he was staying in during a rather intense storm. As a result, he was Alexander's youngest Pokemon.
Level: 20

Species: Growlithe
Moveset: Ember, Flame Wheel
Personality: The most hyperactive member of Alexander's team, always bouncing around, yapping excitedly and wanting to battle. As a result, does not like Alexander's lazy tendencies.
History: None really, Alexander was just wandering through the woods when Growlithe decided he looked good to annoy, and followed him OUT of the woods a full day later, never losing his stride, never losing his energy. Alexander decided to catch him and bring him along regardless.
Level: 20.

Hero (Hee-Roh)-Noun, plural.

-a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal.

Heroes can come from all forms and walks of life, of all shapes and sizes, from even the most unsuspecting people can be a hero in their own right. The major factors, are of course, the location, and the incident. Because as someone has once said...

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference...in the world."

And so....our story...begins...

Castelia City was always a giant, bustling metropolitan area located south of Unova. The people there busy as always, talking amongst themselves, laughing as several others rushed off, missing meetings by mere seconds. Cars zoomed by, children played, and Aviary Pokemon squawked as they flew through the air, chirping and cawing their names. A bustling city.

"Huh...so this is the biggest city in the world, eh?"

Alexander looked up at the city from the entrance in which he stood on Skyarrow Bridge, having JUST arrived at that exact moment. Infernape stood beside his trainer, looking up at the massive city with half open, tired eyes. Eh, it was impressive, he supposed. If he could find a good place to nap around here, he'd be just as happy.

Growlithe, on the other hand, looked up at the city with wide, excited eyes. The small dog Pokemon barked excitedly, running about in circles at the idea of being in such a huge area! A new place to see, all new buildings, and trainers, and battles! It had his blood pumping just thinking about it!

From Alexander's back came a rustling from inside his shirt, a small candle peeking out from his collar to make sure the coast was clear. Litwick sighed a little in relief upon realizing that the coast was clear for now, and floated out of his adopted fathers shirt, floating atop his head and looked up in a combination of wonder and fear as Castelia City. It was huge, it was very shiny...but all those people...

Alexander chuckled at his Pokémon's various reactions. "Don't worry guys," He addressed his friends. "We'll make the best of this place, no sweat."

Was he going to go fight the gym leader of Castelia City, Arti, to a battle for the Beetle Badge? Eh, not exactly. He wasn't that big on the whole "Gym Battling" deal. He'd do it if he was up for it, as was Infernape, and during his little trips through Kanto and Johto, he'd only collected a total of 4 badges honestly. Meh, the league wasn't his scene to begin with.

"Come on," he said to his Pokemon. "Let's go take a look and see what this place has to offer. I personally wanna see how good this "Castelia Ice" stuff is if I heard right..."

Infernape shrugged and walked after him. Growlithe, in his excitement, barked again and rushed off ahead of him to get ready to see the sights. Litwick, once again, whimpered and floated down to his father's shoulder, hiding behind his long hair. He didn't like being around this many new people...

Up, high up on the highest tower, a single figure watched with a smirk on his face, the hood from his cloak up upon his head as a few more, smaller figures stood beside him.

"Weav..." hissed one of the creatures, its claws making a loud SCHWING sound as it stared down at the city below her. She was anxious to get some damage done. Hell, they all were.

She was calmed a moment later, however, when the cloaked man reached down and scratched the Weavil behind the red headdress like protrusion atop her head. "Not just yet girl..." The man mumbled under his breath. "We wait a little bit longer...

"The pieces are almost in place, after all...and then...?"

A small chuckle, he pulled his hood back.

"The fun can begin."

Last edited:
Years
The sky was a bright, bloody red, sun shining comfortably down over the port. Children ran circles round their parents, begging for the newest toys, business people rushing round at top speed, trying to get to who knows where. The golden ship blew it's horn, signalling it's departure from the port.
Angelique scanned the area over the top of her Pokemon Battle magazine, newly bought shades covering her eyes. Beneath the table she was seated at, Cyren rolled restlessly, waiting for her trainer. In their Poke balls, Empress and Darjeeling looked at each other, knowing looks in their eyes. She sighed and put down the magazine, leaning back in her chair. She disliked the crowds, there were too many people, too many prying eyes.
The cafe she was at was small, isolated from the usual rubble, being too expensive for ordinary people. Making a mental note to remember to buy some more max potions later, she got up from her seat. Ignoring the waitress' distress, Angelique paid and slipped into a nearby alleyway. Cyren followed after her, bouncing and rolling around excitedly. She had only just arrived at the port, but Angelique was already sick of the city.
Slipping into the bar, she made her way into a seat at the counter. She sighed, watching Cyren roll. The bartender came over, still polishing a glass. Angelique waved him away. She'd never cared for staying in a single place for long, and Castelia city had too much of a home feel, despite it's urban look. She sighed again, looking around the bar. She remembered, and looking back on it now, Angelique wondered why she had ever agreed to such a thing.

~

The battle tower had been mostly undamaged from the tidal wave, it's height successfully making it a good refuge for the stranded trainers. It towered over the still increasing body of water flooding the islands. The frontier brains, lead by Palmer, were out searching for ways to save the areas, though she was doubtful it'd succeed. The view from the 47th floor she was on was breath taking, in it's own way. It was good that it was, seeing as if she moved, she would threaten to collapse.

"Miss Layer! Miss Layer!"

A youngster skidded round the hallway corner, running full tilt at her. Angelique held out her hand, palm stopped the boy from crashing into her. She smirked, pulling back her arm slowly. She moved to face the boy fully, sore muscles protesting heavily.

"Yes? You have something for me?"

The child was panting now, looking exhausted, though not as much as she felt.

"Yeah! Th-the brains ca-ame back! Palmer wa-wants to see you right away!"

Angelique scowled lightly. Ever since the invitation, Palmer had been annoying the s**t out of her, not to mention disrupting her training routine.

"Right. You can go tell him I'm coming. Now scram, punk."

The youngerster squeaked a confirmation and sped off back the way he came, face paled drastically. She scoffed, beginning to walk slowly in the same direction, wincing slightly as a stab of pain radiated from her knee.

When she'd finally gotten to Palmer, he'd already figured out a ridiculous plan, that probably wouldn't work. Even Nejiki had admitted it to be hopeless. Then again, Angelique didn't really care. As long as they gave her a chance to get out of there, she'd be fine.

"So, you got all that?"

The silverette snapped out of her thoughts, looking back to Palmer.

"What did you say? I was thinking."

Thus, Palmer explained his plan to her. In the end, she never really understood. After that, things had been a huge, smoldering blur. Like dipping a paintbrush into water to wash away the colour, the entire area was slowly washed away by the wave. Sinnoh authorities evacuated as many people as possible, the more serious cases immediately taking to the hospital. Somewhere in the mess, she remembered Palmer telling her about boarding a ship to Unova, to escape the reporters that would come, eventually. At the time, it had seemed like such a good idea.

~

Angelique sighed. It was getting dark, and the bar was filling up fast. She quickly escaped outside, taking her sunglasses off. There was no need for them at this point in the night. A sudden movement above her made her pause. She looked up, but there was nothing. Her pokemon stopped too, preparing for battle. Spooked, though she wouldn't admit it, Angelique hurried back onto the main road. She needed to find a place to stay for the night. There was nothing worse than sleeping on concrete. Cyren growled low, almost as if agreeing.

wonderstruck

hi i'm awesome.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
[OOC: Ah, sorry! This sort of... ran away from me when I wrote it, so the ending feels kind of rushed 'cause I had to wedge Unova somewhere in there. Dw, next post will be better. XD;]

"Excuse me?"

The disbelieving words came from a tiny creature cloaked in leafy flowers, who nevertheless managed to look like she was bristling. Indeed, if foliage could flare out, then the spiky greenery on her back would be sticking up and jabbing the air. Though this in fact wasn't really possible, the verdant Pokemon came up with something uncannily similar, what with the bouquets propped on her skirt and the dark eyes narrowed in an accusing glare.

"Wow," said her trainer, mildly impressed. "That's the closest damn thing to a bristling plant that I've ever seen. Nice one, Domino."

"Don't you change the subject on me, Naida!" Domino snapped back, scowling and living up to the connotation of "Thorn Pokemon," her species's name. "What do you mean, we're leaving Sinnoh?"

Naida rolled her clear green eyes. "I mean that we're leaving Sinnoh," she said matter-of-factly. "What else could that mean? That I'm going to take you to a fancy pizzeria so we can admire the expensive cheeses they put on the pizza? Oh yes, guilty as charged."

The Roselia scowled even harder
, if it were possible, while a long, slim Pokemon in the corner exploded with an obviously exaggerated snicker. When said outburst kept continuing, even after it passed the ten-second range, Naida and Domino turned to stare at him, for he was now convulsing on the well-trodden path and getting bits of sand all over the place. With a final shake of his glossy, cream-colored fur, the brown-ringed Pokemon stopped and hopped nimbly to all four paws. Only then did he seem to notice his teammates' odd looks.

"What? It was funny, okay?" said the Furret defensively, blinking at them with huge, innocent eyes.

Domino opened her mouth, no doubt to snark something about his mental capacities, then shook her head and turned away. "Whatever. Now that Caramel's done having his… weird episode, back to the point. Where were we—right. Naida,come on. Why for the love of Arceus would we leave Sinnoh? What possible Podunk little place could you take us to?"

"Now, now," Naida said, a bit absently, though her eyes were calm and cool with deliberation. "First, I'm not taking you to a 'Podunk little place'; we're going to a new region. And also, that region is home to the second biggest city in the world, actually, which is where the Snowpoint Ferry* is going to dock. Second off, see Answer One."

Eyes sparking in protest, Domino began spluttering up a storm, but her half-formed hissing was interrupted by another sibilant sound: a blue, draconic sea serpent surfacing from the nearby pond. Although the slightest of breezes was cruising through, it was enough to billow her slender fins.

"Calm down, Dom," she soothed. "I'm sure that Naida's got a good reason for doing this. It won't be that terrible to leave."

"Yeah, whatever. That's all good and well for you to say, Kaleidoscope!" Domino cast a cool glance at the approaching Kingdra, who left rippling spirals in her wake as she wove over to the shore with the type of silky finesse only achievable in water. "But it's not fair to make us leave just because, I dunno, Naida decided to leave on a whim."

"A whim," murmured the girl in question, actually distracted this time. She was running her hands through her hair, fingering the silky locks and twisting a few strands between her thumb and index finger. Her hair looked so different when observed in the sunlight: sort of highlighted with garnet-red—which came from the slight mahogany tinting her hair, she supposed—but still splayed with the same dusty cinnamon that dominated the other random shades of brown in her hair. It was kind of interesting, actually.

"Yeah, a whim!" Clearly, Domino didn't appreciate Naida's daydreaming, for a small leaf whizzed over and snapped her wrist. It wasn't enough to make her bleed, just to prickle and recapture her attention. "Seriously, Naida. I'm trying to make a point here, and all you're doing is staring off into space and playing with your hair."

With a guilty start, Naida snapped back to attention. Domino has a point, she agreed. She's trying to persuade me in her, uh, her own way, but I'm not really listening. It's not like me to be so preoccupied. What's going on today? Outwardly, she said, "I'm sorry, Domino. I'm kind of out of it today, I guess. You've got my attention, go on."

"As I should have from the start," grumbled Domino, though she looked somewhat mollified. "Well, like I was saying, I don't know what absurd reason you could possibly have for leaving Sinnoh and moving us halfway across the world to a whole new region, but whatever it is—"

"And I told you what it is," Naida said, allowing her voice to sharpen slightly. "You even answered yourself in the same sentence."

"Oh, so 'moving to a new region' counts as a valid reason to leave the one we're already in?" the little Grass-type demanded, her voice rising in pitch as well. "Arceus, Naida, we're not stupid. Okay, maybe Caramel is"—to her left, the mentioned Furret sputtered an indignant "hey!"—"but the rest of us? Not so much. Look, Naida, I lied. I do know what reason you have for leaving. You just want to run further and further from Hoenn, don't you? Sinnoh wasn't far enough for you, so now you're bringing us all to Unova."

"Domino!"

Kaleidoscope's reproachful voice interrupted the increasingly hostile confrontation between Domino and Naida. The former held her trainer's narrowed glass-green gaze for a few tense heartbeats longer before slowly blinking. "You can recall me now," she said, voice quieter but not at all less brusque. "I've had my say. I'll go to Unova without any more tantrums. But if I'm right about you leaving Sinnoh just to run further from your family, then—well, I'm not judging you. But I sure hope that leaving behind our home and our lives here is worth it."

Lips pressed together tightly, Naida plucked Domino's Poke ball from her belt; in a flash of maroon light, the plantlike Pokemon had vanished back inside. She took a deep, shaky breath and closed her eyes for a moment. When she turned around, the girl with the wooden expression had similarly disappeared, only to be replaced by a doe-eyed brunette who jutted out her lower lip in a quivering pout.

"Well, that was kind of a downer," she remarked, allowing her finely plucked eyebrows to arch. "Oh well! Come on, guys, into the balls you go, and then we're gonna get on the ship that'll take us to Unova. I can't wait; it's a world-class cruise, and I'm so looking forward to the pools on the ship. You guys will love it."

She drew her other two Poke balls and enlarged them, and Kaleidoscope was the second to return; as Naida held the ball out toward her, the serpentine Water-type looked at her sadly and pleaded, "Naida, please don't close up just because of something Domino said while she was mad."

But Naida had reached her prime now, and she just let out a jingling giggle. "Close up? What are you talking about? Don't worry. I know Dommy was just mad. She always seems to be these days, that silly Pokemon." Here she wrinkled her small, button-like nose. "Well, she'll get over it. Come on, now; in you go." And with a final mournful stare, Kaleidoscope was sucked back into the polished sphere.

That left just Caramel, and she turned to gaze down at him. He'd entwined himself around her legs, rubbing against the stiff fabric of her dark blue skinny jeans and making soft crooning noises.

"That means it's your turn, Caramel," prompted Naida.

"Sure, sure," he agreed amicably as he circled her jeans. "Before you put me back in my ball, though, I just wanted to tell you that you haven't fooled me." A shadow flickered through the pale green of Naida's eyes as he went on, "You never do, actually, but you were being particularly obvious today. Looking forward to the pools aboard the ship, huh? Funny, I'd have thought that Sinnoh's weather was a little cold for any sane being to go swimming on ships. You'll have to do better than that."

"It's been much warmer than usual this year," she retaliated.

"Even in Snowpoint City?" he blasted back. "That is where we're setting sail for Unova, remember? No, it's okay, you don't have to say anything," he added as she opened her mouth to retort. "But if you want to use me as a pillow tonight, feel free to snuggle up against me. Only, be careful that you don't muss up my fur too badly, seeing as we're going to be in a brand new region, and that means brand new beauties. And I have to look my best for that, don't I? Ohh, maybe I'll get lucky, and one of them will be my one true love, and we'll have darling Sentrets and grow old and fat together."

At this point, Caramel's sheer ridiculousness finally succeeded in coaxing a tiny smile from Naida. The Furret bounced a triumphant grin (or what she assumed was supposed to be a grin, anyway; it was kind of hard to tell when the grinner in question had a furry muzzle and a tiny mouth) at her, still beaming as the cloud of red enveloped him. That Caramel. She'd forgotten just how much his dark blue eyes could notice: his Keen Eye, it seemed, came into play both inside and outside of battle.

Time's wasting. You'll have to get going if you're to hitch a ride to Snowpoint in time for the ship's departure.

Throwing on a thick white hoodie over her favoritelavender top, which was frilly and very pretty but much too thin, and plastering her wide-eyed, sugar-spice-and-everything-nice face in place, Naida set off in search of a Snowpoint-bound trainer with a bird Pokemon that could carry two.

~ -- ~

Overhead, Wingull flapped. Burly crewmen were helping the passengers off the Snowpoint Ferry. The ones who were now wobbling their way down the concrete dock coincidentally happened to be those whose coloring had been a delicate pasty green during the voyage over. Fortunately, Naida had avoided that fate.

So this was Unova. The city where they had docked, another passenger had helpfully informed her, was called Castelia City: second largest city in the world and by far the largest seaside one, bigger than her hometo—Slateport City in Hoenn and Vermillion City in Kanto. Hopefully the people weren't too weird; she'd heard that they could be fairly pushy, which wouldn't pose too big of a problem to her or anything but could still be annoying. The ice cream stand was supposed to be pretty cool (cheesy pun intended), anyway, and she bet that Caramel would love it (though he probably would still go nuts over it even if it weren't that great).

Well, first things first. Dusk was dimming quickly to evening, and Naida needed to find a place where she and her team could rest for the night. Exploring could wait till tomorrow. She stopped a sailor as he was turning to clamber back onto the golden ferry. "Excuse me, sir; do you know any places here where a trainer could stay for the night?"

"Well, there's the Pokemon center, isn't there?" he asked uncertainly.

Oh, right. Oops.
"Oh! That's right. I'm sorry—you'll have to forgive me. I think that traveling by ship makes me a little forgetful." Cue giggle oozing with girlish innocence, sheepish hand behind head. Like a charm, he nodded in understanding and even smiled a little bit. "Well then, could you maybe point me in the way of the Pokemon Center?"

Five minutes later, she was well on her way to the building. It wasn't hard to spot: a huge red thing with shining blue windows decorating two stories and sporting a general aura of "This is a happy, warm place! And we have free beds and food!" Naida made a beeline for it but paused when she saw an old lady with a leafy green hat brimmed with all types of flowers hobble past her. Right. Her spat with Domino.

She stood motionless for a second, so still that she could pass for one of the trees in Eterna Forest (much to the irritation of passersby, who shot her dirty looks as they swerved around her). Domino's words echoed again in her ears: I sure hope that leaving behind our home and our lives here is worth it.

"Me too, Dom," she muttered. "Me too."

[OOC: *Made up the Snowpoint Ferry--it's basically that boat in Snowpoint City that carries people to the Battle Frontier or something, if I remember correctly, except now it also carts people over to Castelia City.]

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Castelia City...it was huge. Big buildings, tons of people, and a harbor. Kobora had just arrived from walking over Sky Arrow Bridge. It was the largest city in Unova, located in the southern area.

"Here we are, Tyrant. The biggest city in the world."

Kobora walked into the city, wearing his red and black cloak, and carrying a suitcase with him that contained his clothes and other important things. His Tyranitar, Tyrant, silently followed behind Kobora.

Kobora stopped near the entrance of the pokemon center, and sent out Vapor and Saber. Vapor looked around, happy to be near a lot of water again after a long trip. Tyrant had no reaction. He just wanted to leave as soon as possible. Saber had no reaction like Tyrant, acting too cool to be in such a big city.

Kobora looked around, and put on his sunglasses. "Guys...let's start looking for bro. This city is big, but we'll stick together this time."

Kobora had plans to test his skills by battling Arti, Cestelia City's gym leader, but he didn't think he had a free moment. Kobora battled almost every gym leader of each region. He never bothered battling any Fire type gyms at all, along with Poison type gyms, so he'd normally skip them. He had time...but he simply chose not to battle them.

"Hey guys...let's do our best in finding bro today..."

A man dressed up in desert clothing with some sort of "desert scent" entered the city through Route 4 with a Flygon.

"Flygon...you're sure he's here?"

The man looked at his Flygon, and continued to walk.

"I know you're here, brother. Come and battle me."

OCC: The desert guy with the Flygon is Kobora's long lost brother. His purpose will be explained later.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
"I dunno..." Alexander said as he looked down at the icecream cone he was currently eating, Infernape atop his head and munching away, Litwick staring warily at his, and Growlithe trying to lick the last bit of ice cream at the bottom of the cone excitedly. "It's good, I get that, but...it could be better. I'm just nitpicking, probably."

Regardless, he finished and kicked his feet up a little bit, his tongue sticking out as he thought of what to do. "So, guys," he asked his Pokemon. HIs team looked up. "What should we do while we're here? Do you want to try and hit the gym and maybe get a badge, or maybe just admire the sights perhaps? Fight?"

At that, the reaction was what he ALWAYS got from these three. Litwick shook his head, looking bashful (Of course), Infernape just shrugged and gave the "Eh" hand wave, and Growlithe, ALWAYS itching for a battle, nodded his head excitedly. Michael chuckled and reached down, scruffing behind the Puppy Pokemon's head lovingly.

"Okay, okay." he said. "This time, we can go for the badge. I know you guys must be bored..." Hearing Litwick give a little whimper, he reached down and, wary of the flame, picked him up. "Don't worry, buddy, you don't have to fight. Just these two."

INfernape rolled his eyes in annoyance. But of course, he'd have to fight...

"Hm..." The cloaked man said, looking down. Off in the background, his Weavile was sharpening her blades against each other, making sure they nice and sharp. Another of his dark Pokemon was pacing back and forth. Looking over his shoulder, he nodded a little bit.

"Well, I suppose it'd be a good idea to get this party started, hm?" he asked with aa grin. Turning back towards the open city, he shouted as loudly as he could, which somehow managed to echo about the city. Impossible? Maybe.

"ATTENTION, CASTELIA CITY!" He roared at the top of his voice.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Kalen walked out of the cafe.
He'd gotten here a few hours ago, and it was afternoon.
He threw on his new black cloak.

As he was walking to the Pokemon Center and Hotel, he thought he caught something.
sure enough, out of the corner of his eye, he saw him.
The Mysterious Figure.
Standing there, two shadows loomed behind him.
Kalen turned, but he was gone.
Kalen gritted his teeth, and walked on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back the Pokemon center, Kalen felt better.
His room was a stylish Unova modern style, adorned with nice amps and the alike.
Kalen sat down and stared at his two Pokemon.
He'd been careful not to bring any non-Unova Pokemon.
Pokemon Importation had gotten less strict, because of all the anarchy and problems in the world currently, but it was better to be safe than sorry.
Kalen lay down and played his new game, 'Simple life' a game where there were no pokemon, only simple things named 'Animals'
Eventually, he went outside to prime pier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kalen had been hanging around here a while now, contemplating getting a ticket to liberty garden island, licking his ice cream through the afternoon.
It was now five.
Continuously licking, and wondering what to do, Kalen pondered on the thought of the Mysterious Figure.
Who was he?
"ATTENTION, CASTELIA CITY!"
Kalen turned round dramatically.
The Mysterious Figure.

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
This was it, the biggest city in the entire Pokémon world. Roxy just couldn't believe her eyes when she looked up at a skyscraper and it was almost literally touching the blue sky. Here she was on Unity Pier fresh off the boat ride that took days to get here. Her legs felt good finally able to roam free off the rocking boat that didn't seem like it should be able to float. Beside the redhead were her Pokémon, looking just as awestruck by the city as their Trainer. This was the first time they have even come to this part of the world in all their lives. Now to be thrown into someplace as big as this... it is a lot to take in for a teenager.

However, the excitement was starting to boil up inside of her. There was so much to do! Shops, Parlors, different Foods, and other Trainers just waiting to battle. She couldn't help but leap into the air and pump up a fist. This was the best one-way boat ticket she had ever bought. Her once dull green eyes were lit up like a wild fire as she turned them upon her Raichu.

"Are you ready for some fun, Voltage?" she asked him.

The Raichu, always so noble, took a moment to debate the questions. Roxy huffed with annoyance but stood there to await his verdict. Why? Voltage and Roxy had been together a long time (in their standards). They know each other by heart now and always take the advice of one another. Roxy treats her Pokémon as if they are human. Which, practically they are to her. Though they can't speak they have other ways of communicating back to her, and somehow they always know what she is saying.

Voltage, looking just as excited for once, gave off a spark that erupted from his yellow cheeks. She only knew too well what that meant; Yes! Roxy patted the Charmander, Blaze, on her shoulder and put her lovely Dratini back away in her Pok
éball. She hated to do that, but she knew Aura would have had a terrible time keeping up with all the people around. It was only best that Aura be safe in the ball. Blaze howled with cheer and leaped from her shoulder, bolting down the Pier and towards the city.

"Blaze, no! Get back here!" Roxy cried out. "We need to stick together!"

Together Roxy and Voltage tore down the Pier after their defiant young friend. His flaming tail tip was the only thing she had to keep track of him in the busy crowd. She shoved past people and knocked them out of the way without a care. She was busy, so what? It didn't even faze her when they yelled back choice words.

Finally the two had caught up to the Charmander. Roxy was most scared for him because he was a special type. Someone once told her that not all Charmander's were Yellow-ish. In fact, most of the time they were Orange. This person, her adoring Uncle, told her he was what they call a 'Shiny' Pokémon. That is where they are different in the smallest ways like color of skin. Her Uncle had told her to always keep special watch on Blaze because people were crazy sometimes and took Pokémon from other Trainers. She vowed to never let that happen ever to her.

"Blaze!" Roxy called out again, trying to get his attention.

She had no idea where he was going. It was as if the Charmander was zigzagging through the crowd to lose her on his tail. Would he do that? Dread instantly put a pit inside of her stomach. That wouldn't be good because Blaze was a pretty quick one.

"Volt, run ahead and try to stop him." She told her Raichu and instantly he sped off into the crowd.

Roxy had officially lost the two of them. She trusted Voltage enough to find her. He was an excellent tracker so that shouldn't be a problem... at least she hoped not. The redhead walked over to sit on a chair in front of a restaurant to catch her breath. The mad running had knocked it all out of her.

"Can I get you anything?" said a Waitress who approached the table.

"Um, no thank you I am... waiting for someone." Roxy lied. Well, it wasn't much of a lie because she was waiting for her Pokémon. She just wasn't waiting for them to eat something here.

The Waitress looked weary but it was policy not to ask so she left the teenager in peace. Thankfully, Roxy didn't have to wait long for the return of her Pokémon. Bounding down the cement, dodging oncoming bodies, was Voltage and Blaze. Amazing! Volt had actually managed to get Blaze to come when Roxy had seriously failed at that task. The thought burned in her mind a little but she could hardly care; they were both safe and sound.

Then she started to wonder... how exactly did the Raichu do it? Her question was answered.

Blaze had his head down and tail drooping and dragging along the walkway. There was a small scratch on his cheek which made her only guess that Voltage had either tackled, or attacked Blaze to get him to stop and obey. Whatever the case, it worked! Roxy got up out of the comfy chair to greet Volt, and scold her disobeying Charmander.

"Blaze! When I tell you to stop, you stop. The next time you go running off you are going back into the Pok
éball - understand?" she scowled at him.

He looked up into her eyes before dropping his head once more and waving his tail. Acknowledgment, which is exactly what she was looking for. She sighed in relief and dropped onto her knees to hug him. Though Roxy wasn't a big fan of people, she quite adored her Pokémon and treated them like her children or friends. In fact, if this was a family situation she would be the Mother and Voltage would be the Father. Blaze and Aura would be the two siblings. It fit perfectly.

Roxy released her hold on Blaze and patted Voltage on his head and said; "Excellent work, buddy."

He did his little purr of affection. Now, time to find a battle and blow off some steam - or eat ice cream which would do the same. There was so much to do in Castelia City and all the time in the world!

"So, what do you guys want to do first?" she asked the two.

They both responded at the same time looking down at their stomachs. Of course! They hadn't eaten since yesterday. Roxy hardly noticed her stomach felt so empty until now.

"Aw, I am sorry guys. You are right. First priority is food!" Roxy said and shook her head at herself in disbelief.

She put her hand on the ground and extended her arm out so Blaze could retake his position atop her shoulder. He did as implied and sat down happily. He knew he had gotten off running away easy - all she said was a warning. However, she hated to yell at them so most of the time all she ever gives off are warnings. No problem with that really, most of the time they never do it again until the next day. Before getting to her feet the redhead decided to scoop up Voltage in her arms. He didn't mind at all really, just relaxed and laid there comfortably. She snorted to herself at the sight of him. His lightening bolt tail hung down while his arms were securely placed on his stomach.

She could only bet he wasn't the only one who looked odd. Seeing a young teenage Trainer walking down the city streets with a strange Charmander on her should and Raichu cuddled in her arms... that probably looked just as odd. Anyone would snort at her like she did at her Raichu. It was only human. Together the three headed off towards the smell of food. However, it was Roxy who did most of the heading. The two Pokemon lazily sat or laid somewhere on her. She didn't mind at all. This was what she had always wanted as a kid.

She remembered back to the days where her parents would leave for work and she would be forced to look after her siblings. It wasn't like she hated her family at all, but something about back then didn't feel right to her. She now felt like this is what has always belonged - her and Pokemon. She didn't need people to be happy, Roxy was happy with Pokemon as her friends and family. The only one she ever needed was her Uncle.

Her feet dragged her into a restaurant that allowed Pokemon and served their sorts of food. Roxy gently place Voltage on the table and took Blaze down from atop her shoulder. At first the Charmander whined in protest before he realized he was going to be fed. When he did realize it he sat down happily on the table next to the Raichu.

Roxy smiled and pulled out one of her non-empty Pok
éballs from her messenger bag and clicked the middle button. The red and white ball grew in size and with a flash of light released her Dratini, Aura, back into the real world.

"Sorry for putting you in there, but we are eating now so you can come out!" Roxy said and helped the Dratini into a chair.

Aura cautiously looked around before settling into the booth they chose. After they were seated and had a chance to look at the menu a Waiter approached. This wasn't a very fancy food place like the one she sat at for a moment, it was more of a casual laid back one. The Waiter didn't wear any fancy uniform and instead had a tee-shirt with the name of the place and a name-tag with his own name.

"What may I get for you today?" he asked in a rich accent.

"Two bowls of Pok
éfood and a Sandwich with everything on it for myself." Roxy said in full confidence of her order.

The Waiter wrote it all down on his white notepad before turning back to the group.

"And to drink?"

"Just water will be fine."

"Alright, will that be all?"

"I think so."

"I will be back with your drinks in a moment."

The Waiter departed them and returned to the kitchen from where he arrived. It only took about a few moments before both the drinks and food came. To Roxy the sandwich was delicious, to the Pok
émon their own little food bowls were. They were large bowls so Roxy had ordered two for them to share.

"Eat up, this is all I have money for." Roxy said to her Pok
émon.

It was true. After the travel way over here to Unova Roxy's money was running low. She had enough for food with only a tad left over in case of emergency. She would have to find a way to get more here pretty soon.

Eat up they all did, and they quite enjoyed the meal too.

Then they heard it;
"ATTENTION, CASTELIA CITY!"

Last edited:
Years
A soft rumble was shaking the bed, as Angelique woke up to the sight of the large chandelier overhead, sparkling in the morning sunlight. Cyren was bouncing up and down on the foot of her bed, the source of her awakening. She smiled slightly at it's antics. She waved at arm at her Pokémon, sitting up on the bed. The hotel she had stayed in for the night had been expensive, but worth it. The view was wonderful, the skyscraper towering above the port.

"Down girl. Be patient, we'll get breakfast soon."

Pulling back the covers, she placed her feet down onto the plush carpet and got up, stretching her arms. Heading for the shower, she let Empress and Darjeeling out of their Poké balls.

"Don't break anything, I'll be done soon."

~

About an hour and a half later, Angelique exited the Hotel's double doors in search of breakfast, Empress, Darjeeling and Cyren hot on her heels.
The busy morning crowds were filled with all sorts of people; it seemed like Castelia city was a morning type of city. She squeezed through the crowd, careful not to get trampled. Her Pokémon followed obediently, people moving around them. Eventually, they managed to get to the cafe from yesterday, as Angelique had explored the whole city the day before and found none better.

The tables weren't all full, but the waitresses and waiters were rushing around like mad, taking people's orders. It was a large place, so it must've been popular. A waiter showed her to a table outside the store, and left her to peruse the menu. She ordered herself an egg benedict with a Chai Latte and three bowls of Pokéfood. The service was quick despite the numbers and Angelique watched her Pokémon chow down as she began to eat too.

As she finished her meal, Angelique put her sunglasses on, scanning the crowd again. Ever since she'd arrived, she had sensed an impermeable aura in the atmosphere, like something historically significant was about to happen. Her Pokémon seemed to know it too, as even Darjeeling and Empress were more rattled than usual.

However, she hadn't seen anything unusual as of yet. Putting her suspicions aside for the moment, she flagged a waiter and paid, returning all her Pokémon to their balls. Out of the corner of her eye, there was the flash of a black cloak. She moved through the crowd swiftly and with purpose, heading for the alleyway. Turning the corner, there was a swoosh of air. Angelique quickly ducked and stepped back, narrowly avoiding the sharp claws. A lock of silver hair drifted onto the ground. Moving behind a dumpster, she stilled and waited. Sensing no one, she peeked round the edge. There was nothing. Angelique stepped out from her hiding place. The alleyway was a dead end, and there was no where to hide. She was mystified.
Just where had the claws gone?

~

It was noon. The sun had risen mightily in the sky and Angelique was not as confused as earlier, having cleared her thoughts. The alleyway was a dead end. She had blocked off the only exit. There were no windows, door or passages to go through. The only way was up, which meant whoever it was had a Pokémon that could fly or scale walls. She sighed, running a hand through her hair. She'd been wandering idly along the streets, not particularly paying attention to where she'd been going. Angelique stopped abruptly, receiving dirty looks from several people behind her. Moving to a nearby bench, she sat down and released her Pokémon, letting her gaze roam.

There was a boy across from her, his Pokémon also out, a growlithe running around. She scoffed and leaned back, staring up at the clouds. It was rather peaceful. Thus, Angelique was quite startled when a loud, booming voice suddenly erupted from a skyscraper.

"ATTENTION, CASTELIA CITY!!!"

She snarled, getting on her feet. Her Pokémon reacted in their own ways, Darjeeling and Cyren tensing up, Empress stiff behind her. Angelique waited for any further calls.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Kobora and his pokemon walked around the city a bit, checking things out up until the point Kobora got hungry.

"Man...I'm getting a little hungry. Let's go find a place to eat, guys."

Kobora and his pokemon walked, or flew in Saber's case, to a restraunt that served humans and pokemon. There were a couple of full tables, but Kobora headed over to a table next to a window. Vapor and Saber got onto the table while Tyrant sat in an empty seat. Kobora took out a book, and began reading it, not even noticing a waiter standing nearby.

"Get me a sandwhich, and some pokemon food for my companions." Kobora said, not even looking at the waiter.

Kobora was busy, reading his book, until he heard a booming voice coming from somewhere.

"ATTENTION CASTELIA CITY!!!"

Kobora got right out of his chair, dropping his book on the table.

"Guys...what the hell was that?"

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Grinning down at them, his five Pokemon now looking over the edge of the building, blood lust and desire to attack now swimming in their cold, dark eyes. They all grinned a grinned their master shared.

"As I watch you all, going to your daily destinations like Mareep to the Slaughter, I realize how tedious, how BORING the suburban life can truly be. Day in, day out, dying a little bit inside each time you do!" he cackled, his voice still echoing. At this point, everyone had lookd up at the speck of darkness n top of the building. Who was this guy, and how was it he was able to sound like he was speaking through a megaphone? "I watch with a sad gleam in my eye, as I prepare to give you a little bit of a break from the boring, tedious chore known as LIFE!"

"I don't like this at all," Alexander said with a heavy frown, looking up. Growlithe, for the first time in his young life, seemed serious, growling as flames licked his lips, Infernape doing the same. Litwick, however, whimpered and hid in his fathers shirt again.

He gestured, cape billowing out behind him. "So I give you this: A LITTLE BREAK FROM THE MEDIOCRITY!" h looked to the six figures beside him. "You kids have some fun. I'm off to go get my...prize."

The Weavile was the first to react, shrieking with glee as she leapt from the building, digging her claws into the glass and causing it to shatter, sliding down the side of the building in a rain of glass. She was the first to crash to the ground, and the moment she did, she rushed down ONE street, using her claws to rend anything that got in her way, laughing with maniacal glee.

The second crashed down mere moments later. This one a Zoroark, but far more subtle than her previous attacker. Instead, she looked down the street she was facing and with a frown, Shadowballs forming in each hand, she rushed down the street, flinging them in every which way.

Two more Pokemon collided on the ground afterwards. One of them was a Mandibuzz, who floated down with more grace and elegance than the others. The second was a Bisharp, who seemed a bit more...insane than the bird. Both looked to the other and gave very quick curt nods, before rushing off in various locations, cutting and flying and causing general havoc.

Finally, the last two Pokemon arrived on the ground. One was an Absol, who didn't even wait before his horn glowed and shot a sythe like blast down the street, rushing off. The final one was a Cacturne, who seemed a little...out of place. He looked about at the terrified, running people, wincing a little bit. He lifted his arms and, almost reluctantly, began to fire a Pin missle at the people, buildings and everything.

"Oh yeah..." Alex said as he quickly stood up. Inferanape beat his chest and growled, Grwlithe Growled. "That's...bad."

Years
The man was standing atop a skyscraper, five dark type pokemon behind him, wicked gleams in their eyes. Except the Cacturne at the end though. It looked rather nervous instead. Angelique narrowed her eyes at the Weavile. So that was it, she thought. Weaviles had claws and were fast enough to run up vertical surfaces if trained properly. Looks like she had found her mystery perpetrator. People were beginning to notice what was happening, several shrieking in fear.

"God damned nuisances."

She set off for the building immediately, and stopped beneath it. The man seemed fond of dramatics, arms waving and maniacally laughing. It was taking too long. She wanted something...she was going to get it.

"So I give you this: A LITTLE BREAK FROM THE MEDIOCRITY!"

A break from mediocrity? what did he think he was, a magician? She must've have looked quite fearsome, at this point, face twisted into a snarl, eyes hard, her three Pokemon behind her serious and ready for combat at the snap of her fingers.

"You kids have some fun. I'm off to go get my...prize."

Apparently, that was the cue for his Pokemon to start tearing things up, and Angelique ran after the Weavile, dodging any night slashes coming her way. The Weavile was fast, but not hard to follow, the trail of claw marks distinct and obvious. She had lost sight of the Pokemon, but the screams were sure-fire ways to know it was close. As she ran, something flashed in her head, and she found herself pondering the mad man's last sentence. I'm off to go get my...prize. He had his reasons for unleashing torment on the city, apparently. Aside from breaking mediocrity, that is. Inwardly, she scoffed, skidding round a corner and coming face to face with the man's Pokemon. Angelique pushed her thoughts to the back of her mind, concentrating on the current dilemma. Even with the deep gouges in the paving and general havoc, no one had died yet, surprisingly. Vaguely, she wondered if he had commandeered his Pokemon not to kill anyone. Cyren and Darjeeling rolled around her legs restlessly, Empress standing with one wing stretched out, the other behind her; eyes blazing.

"AAAAaaarrrrggggh!!!"

It was totally sudden, the way the sharp claws flickered in the air as they sliced into a nearby buildings, the screams of the people inside clearly heard through the air. She snarled. The people had to be dealt with, where were the police when you needed them?

"Cyren! Darjeeling! Use Protect and Iron Defense! Hold up the building!"

She let the two do as they were told, Empress still facing the dark pokemon. It cackled gleefully, lashing out with a night slash.

"Empress, stand your ground and counter with Steel Wing!"

Angelique pondered strategies in her head, agility was worthless in this situation, as the Weavile was no doubt faster than her Empress, but it would be okay when dodging close combat attacks. Ice Beam would be uneffective, as Weavile was part ice type, rendering the attack useless. She could get Empress to use mist and agility, coming behind the Weavile and hitting with Steel Wing. Nodding to herself, she watched her opponent carefully.

Either it had greatly underestimated her or simply thought very highly or itself, the Weavile launched a slash attack directly at Empress. No false moves, no tricks.

"Empress, Mist, Agility, Steel Wing!"

She ordered, simply yelling out the attacks. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see that Cyren and Darjeeling had managed to remove the civilians from the collapsed building and were heading back to her. There was a large crash as Empress knocked the Weavile into a skyscraper, though not without her own fair share of wounds.
Angelique waited, breath held as the dust slowly cleared.

Back