• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 2k/ battlesystem

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
Hey everyone,
I am making a game too called PKMN2K, but first I am making a customizable pbs(pokemon battle system) an here are some screenshots
bs1.bmp

bs2.bmp

Anyways what do you think?

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Hey that looks pretty cool, a bit like what we're doing with Hidden Depths. The enemy HP bar doesn't look right in that position but overall it's very original.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Wow, awesome, I actually like where the enemy hp bar is.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I kinda think that the 'what will you do' message size is a bit big in terms of font size.
I also think that the enemy HP bar is good where it is; very original indeed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
I'm actually changing that, because that's what I thought, I made it bigger because I had to enlarge the the message bar. I was hoping to release it as soon as I get a start on my game. Also do you think my background (sky/xtra grass) makes it look better?

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Yes, I think just plain "White", is very unoriginal, and the background livens up the fight.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
Here's what I have now

Sorry for the late reply, been real busy lately. Anyway I got tons done. I have The fight menu working and you can attack your opponent with tackle and they can attack you with it. I haven't really done much with the day times but I made it customizable so it's easy to patch. I have the run menu working and I'm starting on the Change PKMN menu. Tell me what you think of these screens.(Also you may notice glitches, gott fix em' all!)
Change PKMN
SCREEN1.png

Fight Menu
SCREEN2.png

Leveling/Expbar(sorry I didn't get a scrren of full exp bar)
SCREEN3.png

Improved Menu
SCREEN4.png

The Enemy Attacks!
SCREEN5.png

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
Hey those look awesome! Very original, but I think the black on the bottom of those last 3 kills it. It's still very good nonetheless, and I wish you lots of luck.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
The thing is once I want to expand everything to make the most up-to-date expandable game. This way anyone will be able to create patches, but not until I'm done creating my game. I have an idea on how to have battles/trade with real trainers and I plan on making remakes of RBY GSC RB LF/FR and C/D. I am designing the pbs all by myself so it will take longer. I am probably going to release a demo soon.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I do assume that this battle system is just for you, right? Looks good. I don't like the default sky though. Some screens are down.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
Conditions for use with Battle system

Actually no, I will make this battle system available, after I'm done my game under these conditions;
1)You can't use it in contests
2)You can't plagerize(copy codings and say it's yours,)
3)You have to ask me how to make additions so you don't screw up anything(trades etc.)

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Nice screens, but is the black patch at the bottom of the battle ss there on purpose?

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
wow amazing PBS!!!Can we see more screens?
Of course we all want see demo .
Can i use this in my game?Credit will be of course :)

Back