Male
OH
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted January 11th, 2022
3,833 posts
12.2 Years
Misc. Editor

What?
Misc. Editor is a small tool that anyone can use to fix/implement a few things. It only works with Pokemon FireRed v1.0 for now. So, it will change/fix:
  • Indoor Running Shoes
  • Evolution without the National Dex
  • Species text cut-off glitch

Note
Misc. Editor was made with C# .NET 4.0, so your computer needs .NET 4.0 on it to run it.

Screens
Spoiler:

Current Version
Misc. Editor is currently in version 1.1.

Credits
  • HackMew
  • Jambo51

Download
Check the attachments, it's there.
What are you so afraid of?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka

Male
Seen January 28th, 2018
Posted December 6th, 2015
732 posts
12.9 Years
Hmmm. Where's the credits to the people who figured out this stuff to begin with. HackMew and myself spent quite some time working out the ASM behind it you know!

That said, this is a useful little tool, and I have no problems with you including the stuff. All we ask for is a little credit :)
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!

esperance

Age 25
Male
OH
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
3,833 posts
12.2 Years
Hmmm. Where's the credits to the people who figured out this stuff to begin with. HackMew and myself spent quite some time working out the ASM behind it you know!

That said, this is a useful little tool, and I have no problems with you including the stuff. All we ask for is a little credit :)
Oh, I included the credits in the program, but I think I'll add them to the post as well.

I'll just clarify, does this tool patch up the fix to the ROM or does it completely rewrite a new routine out of ASM? Do ROM Bases work once you install these stuff? :D
It just overwrites the original data, so a ROM base should work fine with it.

esperance

Age 25
Male
OH
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
3,833 posts
12.2 Years
Yo, agentgeo! Where's the editor? I'm waiting fo' it, dude! :D
Thread is approved, let's see the tool. :P *said with tounge firmly planted in cheek so I don't get in trouble*
Yes, I'm aware that it has not been put up. I pretty busy with school, so I wasn't able to upload it this week. :(

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker

Male
Germany
Seen September 30th, 2013
Posted April 21st, 2013
56 posts
12 Years
The comic sans font is quite a good font - for invitations of some sort. But it doesn't make your tool look very ... serious.
Apart from that, I don't really get the point in writing a program to implement those little things. If you already have the offset, it will take aproximately 15 (well, let's say per feature + opening the rom in the hex-editor) seconds to jump to the location, do a simple byte change and hit save. I'm not sure if the evolution thing is a simple byte change, too, but if it is, it'd be a waste of time (and space on the hard drive :P ) to download the tool, and implementing the features.
But this isn't the only thing that disapoints me of this tool: if you are too lazy or something to implement those features with a hex-editor, you don't really deserve to have them in your hack, IMO (well, e.g. map-editing or scripting, which have to be done very often and aren't that simple to do in hex, could be done with a tool, but only if you understand how it works with a hex-editor. That's my opinion about tools of this kind)
There are two things every Rom-Hacker should learn:
1. Don't give away everything you know!

esperance

Age 25
Male
OH
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
3,833 posts
12.2 Years
The comic sans font is quite a good font - for invitations of some sort. But it doesn't make your tool look very ... serious.
Apart from that, I don't really get the point in writing a program to implement those little things. If you already have the offset, it will take aproximately 15 (well, let's say per feature + opening the rom in the hex-editor) seconds to jump to the location, do a simple byte change and hit save. I'm not sure if the evolution thing is a simple byte change, too, but if it is, it'd be a waste of time (and space on the hard drive :P ) to download the tool, and implementing the features.
But this isn't the only thing that disapoints me of this tool: if you are too lazy or something to implement those features with a hex-editor, you don't really deserve to have them in your hack, IMO (well, e.g. map-editing or scripting, which have to be done very often and aren't that simple to do in hex, could be done with a tool, but only if you understand how it works with a hex-editor. That's my opinion about tools of this kind)
It may be just me, but this tool seems almost ... pointless ( ? )
IDK, maybe it's just me. :\
I understand what you both mean, and I know that this tool is pretty pointless, but I made it to practice programming... So, yeah it is pointless, but I wanted to share it anyways.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas

Male
Destiny Island
Seen January 4th, 2014
Posted July 4th, 2011
1,111 posts
13 Years

How would that be a problem?
I was joking. You know.. there is so much hate around comic sans (which i completely agree with) http://bancomicsans.com/

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

esperance

Age 25
Male
OH
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
3,833 posts
12.2 Years
I was joking. You know.. there is so much hate around comic sans (which i completely agree with) http://bancomicsans.com/
Well, alright. Plus, I chose the font because I wanted the tool to look informal.

esperance

Age 25
Male
OH
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
3,833 posts
12.2 Years
I like your program here. It's something that can be useful for those that want these bugfixes. It is a really good little program for your first attempt and I applaud you for that.
Hey, thanks. :) That means a lot.