• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CCS Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
CCS STUDIOS

Introduction:

CCS Studios has, since early 2009, been the name of the folder on my desktop that contains all of my hacking projects. I have always thought of myself as a strongly independent person and for that reason I have kept these projects to myself. However, I am going public with CCS Studios now because in my three years at PC I have come to the realization that I can't do this alone. Like everyone else, I have my strengths but I need people to rely on when it comes to my weaknesses. Though my hacking desire comes and goes, there is no doubt that ROM hacking has played a significant role in my life. Thus, I want to release some sort of project to the public as a representation of all my hard work. The goal of this team is to expedite the progress of my projects and to create something that I, or we, are truly proud of. I am looking for people who are dedicated and who are passionate about what they do. I want people who are creative yet pragmatic. If you think that you fit the bill, then feel free to apply.

Application Form:

Create your own application! I will leave the process of deciding which information is pertinent up to you, the applicant. Feel free to include as little or as much information as you want.

Open Positions:

• Mapper
    Explorers! will require many different dungeons and therefore I will need people who can create clever puzzles and dungeon layouts.
  • Story Line Developer
    Explorers! will be more story line-intensive than most Adventure games and though I have ideas, I need someone for advice and counseling.
  • Scripter
    For the massive number of scripts in Explorers! and the post-game Yellow Remake events.
  • Music Composer / Music Inserter
    Music is crucial in setting the mood of the game. Thus more music (especially custom music) is always appreciated.
  • Spriter
    Custom tilesets would be a nice touch for the vast world of Explorers!.

Current Team Members:

Honorary member

Current Projects:

Explorers! [BPEE]

Explorers! (tentative name) is my attempt to recreate the feel of the Mystery Dungeon series (specifically the Explorer arc) using an Adventure game as a base. Drawing inspiration from Rescue Rangers (my personal favorite hack), the game allows the player to play as a pokémon and experience a form of gameplay that deviates from that of most other Pokémon ROM hacks (or official games, for that matter). I hope to accomplish this with heavy gameplay modifications through the use of ASM and scripting.

Explorers_04.png
Explorers_14.png
Explorers_24.png

Yellow Remake [BPRE]

I have been considering the possibility of a Yellow remake ever since the initial prototype of my Follow Me feature became functional. The process of porting the Follow Me routines and scripts to Fire Red is underway but progress is slow because my familiarity with Fire Red is insufficient. The final release will ideally contain some sort of extra material (much like the Sevii Islands quest in FR/LG).

Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
Hey! I'll apply for this. :)

Positions wanted: Mapper; Story-line developer; Scripter(back-up)

Timezone: EST(East coast of the United States)

Reason for applying: I really like the idea for this hack, I'd also would love to be a part of the first successful Yellow remake. Also, this seems like it'd be a great opportunity to learn from advanced members. So, it's a fun experience, and a learning experience.

Proofs:
Mapping:
Spoiler:

Story-line developer:
This is part of the first chapter of a story I'm writing in my spare time. :)
Spoiler:

Scripting(back-up):
This is a basic script to obtain the Pokedex.
Code:
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri]#dynamic 0x800000[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]#org @start[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]checkflag 0x828[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]if 0x0 goto @done[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]applymovement 0xFF @move1[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]waitmovement 0x0[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]lock[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]msgbox @prof 0x6[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]fanfare 0x13E[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]msgbox @receive 0x4[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]waitfanfare[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]closeonkeypress[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]msgbox @prof2 0x6[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]setflag 0x829[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]special 0x16F[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]applymovement 0xFF @move2[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]applymovement 0x08 @move3[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]msgbox @rival 0x6[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]applymovement 0x08 @move4[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]hidesprite 0x08[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]release[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]end[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]'Strings [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @done[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]release[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]end[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]'msgboxes[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @prof[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]= So, that is the Pokemon I had for\nyou! You treat that Totodile well.\lHere, I have a present for the\lboth of you.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @prof2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]= That is a PokeDex! It\nautomatically records data on any\lPokemon you have seen! Even more\ldata on the ones you capture!\lEnjoy.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @rival[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]= Hey, we could totally fill this\nPokeDex up! Like, we could catch\lEVERY Pokemon! That is what we\lwill do! First one to catch them\lall gets a prize. Okay?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @receive[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]= You received the PokeDex![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]'Movements [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @move1[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x10[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x12[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x11[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0xFE[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @move2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x2[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @move3[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x3[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @move4[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x1D[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x1D[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Contact information: Msn: [email protected] Other than that, PM / VM me. :)

That's my application. I hope you'll accept me. :)

Last edited:

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
I'm definitely going to apply.

Username: Flandre Scarlet
What I Specialize In: Titlescreen Maker/Inserter and Music Remixer/Inserter
Other Stuff That I Can Do: General mapping, scripting and inserting tiles, and other basic stuff.
Proof of Work:

Music:
Spoiler:

Titlescreens:
Spoiler:

Previous Projects: Pokemon Blue Moon and Zircon were my biggest projects. Other little side-projects too.
Contact Info: My MSN is [email protected]

Thank you.

marcc5m

what
Years
Name: Tess Tickle (LOL sense of humour, that's a good sign)
Position applying for: Mapping, Spriting (Spriting as in I can do fakemon (doubt that will be needed) and also tiles, I don't have as much experience with tiles but hey I'm willing to spend a long time trying to get the perfect) Oh and I can insert tiles too :)
Other skills: Scripting (I don't even do anough of this for my own hack (if I did maybe I'd have a beta out by now lol), which is why I'm not applying for this)
Proof of work: (If any of this isn't good enough I'll go away and try to whip up something better)
- Maps:

- Sprites:

Current and previous work: I made a hack called Pokemon Iron and Stone :D
It failed :(
I made a funny Platinum premake called Shining Platinum :D
Currently working on Pokemon DarkGrey!
It won't fail ;)

Idk if I missed anything :\

Years
I see a little silouhette of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, good God this isn't going anywhere.

MAH APPLICASHUN FORME.
Name:
giradialkia/Gira
Desired Position: Music Composer
Past Experience: I've made music for Pokémon Sienna by Manipulation. That's.. It.
Can you do the fandango?: I invented it.
Proof of da work: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIPnByCANA

There were some videos of my songs in Sienna, but they've since been removed. Let me know if more proof be required, matey.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
definatly gana apply :)
name M.L
uhm postion Tiles inserting & slight mapping
hmmm well ja thats me

btw winter i say that map before and anselection posted it
lookhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=226711&page=17
ts the same i just noticed and wondering what??

any wat im sure you want proof okh
here

Spoiler:

Uhmm btw ignore the small trees i was just messing around haha
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
Yeah, that was a map I made for him. He posted it because that was before my join date. You can ask him, if you'd like. The map is mine. I wouldn't steal. ;)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
no no know you wouldnt lol i was just curious haha so was he just testing it basically lol ja i just noticed and was a bit curious haha anyway awsome.......well i think your a good asset to have in a hack i must say lol im noy much of a mappr honestly haha i do more tiles i actually script beleive it or not but i gave up because i use pokescript and i could not get XSE to work for me haha i aint a bad scripter i did rivals to wildbattles and the rest i can write scripts for xse i just dont

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hey! I'll apply for this. :)

Positions wanted: Mapper; Story-line developer; Scripter(back-up)

Timezone: EST(East coast of the United States)

Reason for applying: I really like the idea for this hack, I'd also would love to be a part of the first successful Yellow remake. Also, this seems like it'd be a great opportunity to learn from advanced members. So, it's a fun experience, and a learning experience.

Proofs:
Mapping:
Spoiler:

Story-line developer:
This is part of the first chapter of a story I'm writing in my spare time. :)
Spoiler:

Scripting(back-up):
This is a basic script to obtain the Pokedex.
Code:
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri]#dynamic 0x800000[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]#org @start[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]checkflag 0x828[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]if 0x0 goto @done[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]applymovement 0xFF @move1[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]msgbox @prof 0x6[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]fanfare 0x13E[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]msgbox @receive 0x4[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]waitfanfare[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]closeonkeypress[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]msgbox @prof2 0x6[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]setflag 0x829[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]special 0x16F[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]applymovement 0xFF @move2[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]applymovement 0x08 @move3[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]msgbox @rival 0x6[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]applymovement 0x08 @move4[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]hidesprite 0x08[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]release[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]end[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]'Strings [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @done[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]release[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]end[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]'msgboxes[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @prof[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]= So, that is the Pokemon I had for\nyou! You treat that Totodile well.\lHere, I have a present for the\lboth of you.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @prof2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]= That is a PokeDex! It\nautomatically records data on any\lPokemon you have seen! Even more\ldata on the ones you capture!\lEnjoy.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @rival[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]= Hey, we could totally fill this\nPokeDex up! Like, we could catch\lEVERY Pokemon! That is what we\lwill do! First one to catch them\lall gets a prize. Okay?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @receive[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]= You received the PokeDex![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]'Movements [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @move1[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x10[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @move2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x2[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @move3[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x3[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2]#org @move4[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=black]#raw 0x1D[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Contact information: Msn: [email protected] Other than that, PM / VM me. :)

That's my application. I hope you'll accept me. :)

The mapping isn't really of the style I'm looking for and the script isn't very impressive either but I like the passage from the story. If you can bring that same creativity to the hacking sphere, I'd be happy to have you on board as a story line developer.

I'm definitely going to apply.

Username: Flandre Scarlet
What I Specialize In: Titlescreen Maker/Inserter and Music Remixer/Inserter
Other Stuff That I Can Do: General mapping, scripting and inserting tiles, and other basic stuff.
Proof of Work:

Music:
Spoiler:

Titlescreens:
Spoiler:

Previous Projects: Pokemon Blue Moon and Zircon were my biggest projects. Other little side-projects too.
Contact Info: My MSN is [email protected]

Thank you.

I already have the titlescreen pretty much covered. As for the music, I'm mainly looking for custom music. That one custom battle theme is pretty good but I'm not blown away. For the time, being your admission is pending.

Name: Tess Tickle (LOL sense of humour, that's a good sign)
Position applying for: Mapping, Spriting (Spriting as in I can do fakemon (doubt that will be needed) and also tiles, I don't have as much experience with tiles but hey I'm willing to spend a long time trying to get the perfect) Oh and I can insert tiles too :)
Other skills: Scripting (I don't even do anough of this for my own hack (if I did maybe I'd have a beta out by now lol), which is why I'm not applying for this)
Proof of work: (If any of this isn't good enough I'll go away and try to whip up something better)
- Maps:

- Sprites:

Current and previous work: I made a hack called Pokemon Iron and Stone :D
I made a funny Platinum premake called Shining Platinum :D
Currently working on Pokemon DarkGrey!
It won't fail ;)

Idk if I missed anything :\

I like the forest map and your tiles are also quite good. Having multiple types of trees will help keep the game fresh-looking and make each dungeon unique so I might be using those. As for fakemon, I'm still unsure if I'll be including any but depending on what happens with the story line, there be a legendary fakemon (much like the ones Rescue Rangers). Regardless, you're accepted. :)

I see a little silouhette of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, good God this isn't going anywhere.

MAH APPLICASHUN FORME.
Name:
giradialkia/Gira
Desired Position: Music Composer
Past Experience: I've made music for Pokémon Sienna by Manipulation. That's.. It.
Can you do the fandango?: I invented it.
Proof of da work: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIPnByCANA

There were some videos of my songs in Sienna, but they've since been removed. Let me know if more proof be required, matey.

I remember the music from Sienna. As I recall, that one route theme was super catchy. :D
You're accepted as well. Hopefully we can collaborate on the music aspects of the game(s).

definatly gana apply :)
name M.L
uhm postion Tiles inserting & slight mapping
hmmm well ja thats me

any wat im sure you want proof okh
here

Spoiler:

Uhmm btw ignore the small trees i was just messing around haha
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The mapping isn't quite what I'm looking for and I can handle tile inserting perfectly well myself so I'm going to have to say no.

To all of the new members, I hope to be in contact with you all shortly. I have seen many teams fall prey to inactivity so I'd like to get you all working on something before apathy sets in. If you ever are unsure about what you're supposed to be doing, please contact me ASAP so I can give you something to do.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Skills, Mapping, experienced one.

Proof:

BIG PICTURE:

bTW the top bit, I forgot to edit it. :)

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
I already have the titlescreen pretty much covered. As for the music, I'm mainly looking for custom music. That one custom battle theme is pretty good but I'm not blown away. For the time, being your admission is pending.

I see. If you put it this way, giradialkia and I can work together, he can compose the music you want, and I can insert them. This is what I did for Manipulation in Sienna, just ask him.

Again, thanks for taking your time to read my application. I hope that you'll accept me. :)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Skills, Mapping, experienced one.

Proof:
Spoiler:

BIG PICTURE:

Spoiler:

bTW the top bit, I forgot to edit it. :)

Sorry but your maps aren't up to the quality standards I'm looking for.

Name : Anbuja (or username)
skill: mapping
proove:

i could help at owing too if u want i just need the sprite than and i might assist in tileinsertion sometimes.
contact info just vm or pm me whenever u want
i would like to include the time i can give u: im online everyday

The maps look nice but they're not the type of maps that will be seen in Explorers!. Do you have any dungeon-style maps?

Name: Lightning
Job: Mapper
PoW:
Spoiler:

Sorry but I think that you need to develop your skills a little more. Try posting some of your maps in the Map Rating Thread to get advice on how to improve. They're good for someone who's just starting out but they don't meet the quality standards for this team.

I see. If you put it this way, giradialkia and I can work together, he can compose the music you want, and I can insert them. This is what I did for Manipulation in Sienna, just ask him.

Again, thanks for taking your time to read my application. I hope that you'll accept me. :)

I guess I'll have to leave that up to giradialkia. I assumed he would be inserting any new music but if not, then I guess you'll be the man for the job.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Oh, you know I love mountains/caves... I bet I can make some pretty sweet dungeons. (I say mountains, because some of the Mystery Dungeon dungeons looked like they were outside, so I can probably do that sort of thing too.)

Mapping proof:
Spoiler:

I made the normal cave ages ago, so my cave style has actually changed a fair bit... I can make another one real quick if you want. I figure the ice cave is close enough though.

PM me for contact info.

(Oh, and Explorers looks amazing btw. Can't wait to play that one.)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I like this team! Plus, I wanna be a part of a team that would actually go somewhere and make a good hack...

Application
Skills: Everything save for music/ASM & making sprites (I can insert 'em).
Wanted Position: Scripter
Proof:
Scripting
Code:
'---------------
#org 0xE4166F
lockall
checkflag 0x860
if 0x1 goto 0x8E41929
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CA3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E4192C MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Hello t..."
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8E41CA6
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E4195D MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: It appe..."
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CAC
waitmovement 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x1 0x115
msgbox 0x8E41AB8 MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Inside ..."
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CB5
waitmovement 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x1 0x118
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E41AEB MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: And fin..."
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CB9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E41B27 MSG_NORMAL '"So[.] The question now stands[.]\p..."
goto 0x8E416FB

'---------------
#org 0xE41929
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0xE416FB
msgbox 0x8E40F38 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like a Treecko?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8E41742
msgbox 0x8E40F53 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like a Torchic?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8E417A0
msgbox 0x8E41D0F MSG_YESNO '"Would you like a Mudkip?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8E417F4
goto 0x8E4173B

'---------------
#org 0xE41742
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x115
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CBD
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
pause 0x14
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CC1
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E41B7B MSG_NORMAL '"[player] received a [buffer1]\nfro..."
fanfare 0x172
waitfanfare
givepokemon 0x115 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox 0x8273374 MSG_YESNO '"Do you want to give a nickname to\..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8E41852
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x82723DD
goto 0x8E41852

'---------------
#org 0xE417A0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x118
hidesprite 0x6
pause 0x14
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CC9
waitmovement 0x0
fanfare 0x172
waitfanfare
givepokemon 0x118 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8E41888
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x82723DD
goto 0x8E41888

'---------------
#org 0xE417F4
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x11B
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CD2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
pause 0x14
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CD6
waitmovement 0x0
fanfare 0x172
waitfanfare
givepokemon 0x11B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8E418BE
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x82723DD
goto 0x8E418BE

'---------------
#org 0xE4173B
goto 0x8E416FB

'---------------
#org 0xE41852
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CDE
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x6
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CE8
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
msgbox 0x8E41BA4 MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: [player..."
setflag 0x860
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41D03
waitmovement 0x0
goto 0x8E418F4

'---------------
#org 0x2723DD
fadescreen 0x1
special 0xA1
waitstate
return

'---------------
#org 0xE41888
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CEC
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CF5
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x860
waitmovement 0x0
goto 0x8E418F4

'---------------
#org 0xE418BE
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CFA
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x6
setflag 0x860
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41D07
waitmovement 0x0
goto 0x8E418F4

'---------------
#org 0xE418F4
hidesprite 0x9
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41D0A
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E41BFF MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Here yo..."
bufferstring 0x0 0x8E41C25 '"Pokédex"
setflag 0x861
fanfare 0x172
waitfanfare
msgbox 0x8E41C2F MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: All rig..."
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0xE4192C
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Hello there! Please come\nover here.

#org 0xE4195D
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: It appears we have another\naspiring Pokémon Trainer, no?\pOf course you are[.] Perhaps you\nknow the other young man that came\lin here[.] Wasn't Jack his name?\p[.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.]\n[.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.]\pYes, it was! Any ways, you came\njust in time because I received a\lnew shipment of starters from\lHoenn. Here allow me to introduce\lthem[.]

#org 0xE41AB8
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Inside of this Pokéball we\nhave a [buffer2]!

#org 0xE41AEB
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: And finally, inside this\nPokéball is a Mudkip!

#org 0xE41B27
= So[.] The question now stands[.]\pWhich Pokémon would you like[.]

#org 0xE40F38
= Would you like a Treecko?

#org 0xE40F53
= Would you like a Torchic?

#org 0xE41D0F
= Would you like a Mudkip?

#org 0xE41B7B
= [player] received a [buffer1]\nfrom [blue_em]Prof. Oro[darkgrey_em]!

#org 0x273374
= Do you want to give a nickname to\nthis [buffer1]?

#org 0xE41BA4
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: [player]! You now have your first\nPokémon. But, you will also need\lthis. A Pokédex!

#org 0xE41BFF
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Here you are, a Pokédex!

#org 0xE41C25
= Pokédex

#org 0xE41C2F
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: All right, [player]!\nYou are now a full-fledge\lPokémon Trainer!\pMany adventures stand before\nyou[.] Good luck!

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0xE41CA3
#raw 0x56 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0xE41CA6
#raw 0x47 'Jump in Place (Facing Up)
#raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)

#org 0xE41CAC
#raw 0xB 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xA 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CB5
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CB9
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CBD
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CC1
#raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)

#org 0xE41CC9

#org 0xE41CD2
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CD6

#org 0xE41CDE
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CE8
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41D03

#org 0xE41CEC
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CF5
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CFA
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41D07

#org 0xE41D0A
^Copied from what was compiled into a ROM.^ Also, I could definitely do better, but it's what I had on hand. :\
Past Experience: I've posted a couple hacks, and I've hacked for about 1.5 years now.

Hope I can join and help make some awesome hacks! :)

Last edited:

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
meh, I'm bored, so yeah, I'll apply.
MAH SKILLZ: mapping, overworld spriting, tile inserting and
Spoiler:

PROOF OF MAH SKILLZ: http://r0bertoo.deviantart.com/gallery/
(I made all of the overworlds that aren't nintendo's)
ALSO: CCS Studio? that means Colcolstyles' studio, right?

Years
I'm applying again, I've improved somewhat. If I'm annoying,
I'm sorry, I just think this is a great team with great hacks.
Name: Jason
Skills: Mapper
PoW:
Spoiler:

I did all the tileinserting for this too.
No copying, this map is for my hack.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Sorry for getting back to you all so late. I've been out of town for a while and didn't get back until late last night. Let's see here...

Oh, you know I love mountains/caves... I bet I can make some pretty sweet dungeons. (I say mountains, because some of the Mystery Dungeon dungeons looked like they were outside, so I can probably do that sort of thing too.)

Mapping proof:
Spoiler:

I made the normal cave ages ago, so my cave style has actually changed a fair bit... I can make another one real quick if you want. I figure the ice cave is close enough though.

PM me for contact info.

(Oh, and Explorers looks amazing btw. Can't wait to play that one.)

The normal cave is a bit cramped but I've seen most of your more recent work and from what I can tell, you've drifted away from the natural style, in its purest sense. The ice cave map, on the other hand, looks great; it's exactly what I'm looking for. Welcome aboard. :)

I like this team! Plus, I wanna be a part of a team that would actually go somewhere and make a good hack...

Application
Skills: Everything save for music/ASM & making sprites (I can insert 'em).
Wanted Position: Scripter
Proof:
Scripting
Code:
'---------------
#org 0xE4166F
lockall
checkflag 0x860
if 0x1 goto 0x8E41929
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CA3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E4192C MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Hello t..."
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8E41CA6
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E4195D MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: It appe..."
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CAC
waitmovement 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x1 0x115
waitmovement 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x1 0x118
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E41AEB MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: And fin..."
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CB9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E41B27 MSG_NORMAL '"So[.] The question now stands[.]\p..."
goto 0x8E416FB

'---------------
#org 0xE41929
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0xE416FB
msgbox 0x8E40F38 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like a Treecko?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8E41742
msgbox 0x8E40F53 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like a Torchic?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8E417A0
msgbox 0x8E41D0F MSG_YESNO '"Would you like a Mudkip?"
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8E417F4
goto 0x8E4173B

'---------------
#org 0xE41742
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x115
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CBD
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
pause 0x14
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CC1
waitmovement 0x0
fanfare 0x172
waitfanfare
givepokemon 0x115 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8E41852
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x82723DD
goto 0x8E41852

'---------------
#org 0xE417A0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x118
hidesprite 0x6
pause 0x14
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CC9
waitmovement 0x0
fanfare 0x172
waitfanfare
givepokemon 0x118 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8E41888
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x82723DD
goto 0x8E41888

'---------------
#org 0xE417F4
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x11B
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CD2
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
pause 0x14
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CD6
waitmovement 0x0
fanfare 0x172
waitfanfare
givepokemon 0x11B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8E418BE
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x82723DD
goto 0x8E418BE

'---------------
#org 0xE4173B
goto 0x8E416FB

'---------------
#org 0xE41852
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CDE
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x860
waitmovement 0x0
goto 0x8E418F4

'---------------
#org 0x2723DD
fadescreen 0x1
special 0xA1
waitstate
return

'---------------
#org 0xE41888
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CEC
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CF5
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x860
waitmovement 0x0
goto 0x8E418F4

'---------------
#org 0xE418BE
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41CFA
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x6
setflag 0x860
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41D07
waitmovement 0x0
goto 0x8E418F4

'---------------
#org 0xE418F4
hidesprite 0x9
applymovement 0x2 0x8E41D0A
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8E41BFF MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Here yo..."
bufferstring 0x0 0x8E41C25 '"Pokédex"
setflag 0x861
fanfare 0x172
waitfanfare
msgbox 0x8E41C2F MSG_NORMAL '"[blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: All rig..."
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0xE4192C
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Hello there! Please come\nover here.

#org 0xE4195D
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: It appears we have another\naspiring Pokémon Trainer, no?\pOf course you are[.] Perhaps you\nknow the other young man that came\lin here[.] Wasn't Jack his name?\p[.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.]\n[.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.] [.]\pYes, it was! Any ways, you came\njust in time because I received a\lnew shipment of starters from\lHoenn. Here allow me to introduce\lthem[.]

#org 0xE41AB8
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Inside of this Pokéball we\nhave a [buffer2]!

#org 0xE41AEB
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: And finally, inside this\nPokéball is a Mudkip!

#org 0xE41B27
= So[.] The question now stands[.]\pWhich Pokémon would you like[.]

#org 0xE40F38
= Would you like a Treecko?

#org 0xE40F53
= Would you like a Torchic?

#org 0xE41D0F
= Would you like a Mudkip?

#org 0xE41B7B
= [player] received a [buffer1]\nfrom [blue_em]Prof. Oro[darkgrey_em]!

#org 0x273374
= Do you want to give a nickname to\nthis [buffer1]?

#org 0xE41BA4
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: [player]! You now have your first\nPokémon. But, you will also need\lthis. A Pokédex!

#org 0xE41BFF
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: Here you are, a Pokédex!

#org 0xE41C25
= Pokédex

#org 0xE41C2F
= [blue_em]Oro[darkgrey_em]: All right, [player]!\nYou are now a full-fledge\lPokémon Trainer!\pMany adventures stand before\nyou[.] Good luck!

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0xE41CA3
#raw 0x56 'Exclamation Mark (!)

#org 0xE41CA6
#raw 0x47 'Jump in Place (Facing Up)

#org 0xE41CAC
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CB5
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CB9
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CBD
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CC1

#org 0xE41CC9

#org 0xE41CD2
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CD6

#org 0xE41CDE
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CE8
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41D03

#org 0xE41CEC
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CF5
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41CFA
#raw 0x0 'Face Down

#org 0xE41D07

#org 0xE41D0A
^Copied from what was compiled into a ROM.^ Also, I could definitely do better, but it's what I had on hand. :\
Past Experience: I've posted a couple hacks, and I've hacked for about 1.5 years now.

Hope I can join and help make some awesome hacks! :)

I will need to see more information about that script before I can come to a decision. Can I see the .rbc file for the script? Also, what type of script is it (e.g., person, trigger, etc.)?

meh, I'm bored, so yeah, I'll apply.
MAH SKILLZ: mapping, overworld spriting, tile inserting and
Spoiler:

PROOF OF MAH SKILLZ: http://r0bertoo.deviantart.com/gallery/
(I made all of the overworlds that aren't nintendo's)
ALSO: CCS Studio? that means Colcolstyles' studio, right?

The maps look OK but, like QuilavaKing's normal cave map, they're too cramped in my opinion. Unless you have some maps of a different style (or some sort of dungeon map for me to assess), I'm going to have to say no.

I'm applying again, I've improved somewhat. If I'm annoying,
I'm sorry, I just think this is a great team with great hacks.
Name: Jason
Skills: Mapper
PoW:
Spoiler:

I did all the tileinserting for this too.
No copying, this map is for my hack.

You have definitely improved but, again, you're still starting out and I don't think your skills are at the level of this team yet. Sorry.

To those of you who were given assignments, I'd like to get in contact with you sometime soon to check up on your progress. And for those of you who don't have anything to do, please don't hesitate to approach me for an assignment. I'm finding that MSN isn't the best means of getting in touch with all of you (though that's likely my fault) so it may be most convenient to leave me a VM/PM for me on PC instead.

Looking forward to hearing from you all. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I will need to see more information about that script before I can come to a decision. Can I see the .rbc file for the script? Also, what type of script is it (e.g., person, trigger, etc.)?

Oh, yeah. It's a trigger event on an Emerald ROM.

Script in attachments.

Hope it's up to your expectations! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back