• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Is that all you can do?] Underestimated Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years

~Underestimated Potential Pokemon Club~

Hello PokeCommunity, it's Impo here with a group, and one with a theme I've been rather fond of when I first heard of the ranking system in the Competitive Pokemon Battling Area. I'm not trying to criticize competitive battling by making this group, instead I'm trying to unite those who enjoy battling and playing with Pokemon they find are considering the bottom of the food chain. That does not only include the small, fluffy and pink Pokemon, but also the ones who look weird and the ones with dismal stats.

One of the most appealing things about battling with Pokemon that don't have the best stats or most appeal is the challenge. Nothing is better than the challenge of playing through a game knowing that you're behind from the start. It creates the air of determination and only makes winning a lot more satisfying.
    Not to mention the unique variety of Pokemon you are able to collect and use when you battle. Who knows, you may even find that you have a soft spot for the Ugly Duckling.

If you are also the type who seeks challenge and being against the odds, then be sure to sign up!

Rules:

1. Follow all PokeCommunity Rules
    2. Respect everyone's opinions regarding their views on Underestimated Pokemon
    3. Try to keep on topic at all times
    4. Have fun

PC Username:
    Most Underestimated Pokemon: [In your opinion]

THE V.I.P. LOUNGE
    We're not wanted!

needs to be updated

Members:
    Impo [FoundeR] - 17
    Snaggle P. - 4
    (Emblems Pending) Vaporeon7 - 177
    Curtis talli - 3
    Niriate - 2
    AlexOzzyCake - 6
    Ciax - 1
    PsychoJigglypugg - 1
    Pikamon999 - 1

Discussion Topics:
    What makes a Pokemon underestimated?
    Are Underestimated Pokemon viable for use competitively?

Affiliates:
    ♥~!The Cute Pokemon Club!~♥

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years

The Underestimated Pokemon's Challenge!

Welcome, fellow group members, and welcome to the Underestimated Pokemon's Challenge!
    This challenge is designed to allow you to play through the Pokemon series with what you think are underestimated Pokemon. The rules are fairly simple, and this is a chance to earn Group Points and have some fun doing so.

Group Points

Group Points are a new first addition to the group, and I hope they are welcomed. Group Points reward members who are active and participate in events and such. There are many ways to gather Group Points through events, but when events aren't being hosted there are limited ways to earn them.
    Group Points shouldn't be seen as a form of authority, but one of experience.

How to gain Group Points

There are set ways to earn group points, and every way to do so is listed below. Group Points will be updated twice a week.

• Post in Group Thread - 1 Point
    • Answer Group Questions - 2 Points per Question
    • Complete Underestimated Champion Challenge - 40 Points + 10 points for each additional Pokemon
    • Complete Underestimated, Overlevelled Challenge - 50 Points + 20 points for each additional Pokemon
    • Complete Underestimated Regions Challenge - 150 Points
    • Complete Underestimated Contest Challenge - 20 Points for each Category
    • Update regularly, people will enjoy hearing your progress!

What are they for?

Unfortunately, Group Points currently have no use, except for a sign of experience (which can always come in handy). But, the process of creating a Group Shop is in thought. So stock up on your points while you can, because they're sure to give you some goodies!

Now, on to the actual event rules

Event Rules

• ROMs and Emulators are allowed to be used
    • No Legendaries are allowed (duh!)
    • HM Slaves are allowed
    • You may not use Starters in your Challenge
    • You may hack or trade to gain Pokemon you plan to use, and you can also hack for all TM's/HM's (some underestimated Pokemon have tedious moves) but No hacking for anything else
    • Some sort of evidence is required to prove you have finished the challenge correctly (a screenshot or photo is fine)

Picking your Pokemon

Picking your Pokemon may be a little controversial, considering some people may believe some Pokemon are better than others. So, when picking your Pokemon providing a sentence or two about why you think they are underestimated would be great.

Challenges

There are currently four Challenges that can be completed. All will grant you Group Points and a special something else.

1. Underestimated Champion Challenge

This is the simplest challenge to do. There is only one objective: to gain your underestimated Pokemon glory by becoming the Pokemon Champion. Completing this will give you 40 Points, with an additional 10 for each extra Pokemon. For example, if you become Champion with 6 Pokemon, you gain the 40 Points for completing the challenge, and 50 for having 5 extra Pokemon.

To claim your prize, you must have a photo (or screenshot) of your Pokemon on the Hall of Fame screen. You points will be given then. You will also receive a little Ribbon tag that goes next to your name on the member list. It's a glamorous touch you'll like.

2. Underestimated, Overlevelled Challenge

This Challenge is rather time consuming, but they don't call it a challenge for nothing. This challenge is revolved around maxing out your Pokemon's level to 100. This is meant to be done by natural means, and hacking rare candies is not allowed. Feel free to abuse combos like Elite Four + Exp Share to your hearts content. Completing this will give 50 Points, with an additional 20 Points for each extra Pokemon.

To claim your prize, you must give a photo (or screenshot) or your Pokemons complete stats pages. Your points will be given then, with a neat little ribbon next to your username on the members list.

3. Underestimated Regions Challenge

Now, this is just an expansion of the Champions Challenge. You wanted to be the Champion to alert the region to the awesome power of underestimation. Your new target is the world. So, now travel to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova and make your power known! Completing this will give you a whooping 150 Points, but it will take time.

To verify you have legally done this, post a photo (or screenshot) of you defeating the Champion of each region and you will recieve what is rightfully yours - plus another neat little ribbon for your name.

4. Underestimated Beauty Challenge

Okay, the final challenge. All the others have been about battling and revealing how fierce and menacing the underestimated can be. But let's not forget that their is a ravishing side of beauty to all things. This time, instead of becoming Champion, become the best Pokemon Coordinator. Of course, this can only be done in regions that have Pokemon Contests. To do this, you must win the Master Rank of your certain category. You will be rewarded 20 Points for each category. Just a reminder, but you do not have to use one Pokemon to win all contests. Try to spread the work evenly, and assist your Pokemon with Poffins.

To claim your points, simply post a photo (or screenshot) of your Pokemons Ribbon Page and I will give your points accordingly. You'll also receive a - you guessed it - neat little ribbon for your name.

In the rare event...

In the rare event someone actually does all the above, they are eligible for a very special prize. The prize is an additional 200 Group Points and a lovely crown or tiara for their name. This may take a while, but the challenges won't be leaving any time soon. To be eligible for this prize, you must:

• Beaten the Champion in Every Region
    • Raised at least one Pokemon to Level 100
    • Won each Master Rank in all the Pokemon Contests

Well, wow. That is a lot. So, without further ado, you may all begin! Have fun!

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    This is a very good group.
    Being underestimated in a battle only heightens the satisfaction of winning!
    This I agree with.
    My current underestimated pokemon of choice is: Mawile.
    This pokemon to me, ever since Ruby and Saphire, has screamed hidden potential.
    I'm actually willing to try and build the most powerful Mawile I can possibly build. This is going to happen and is now a new personal mission of mine.

Also to answer your discussion question; I would have to say the number one aspect that makes a pokemon underestimated is easily it's stat build. People often take a look at pokemon stats like Mawile's and say to themselves "lolwut?"

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Welcome to the group, Snaggle P. :D

The one thing that makes a Pokemon underestimated is the stats, I'd have to agree.
    Those pesky things are what make or break a Pokemon's popularity.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I also for some reason have a soft spot for Swalot. This is another pokemon that people don't seem to like very much that I like a lot. I actually have a Shiny Gulpin and plan on building it for some solid game play, can't say if it will be able to actually compete or not, but we'll see what happens, I'll try my best to build it nice and strong. ;P

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I've always had a soft spot for Yanma, its Speed Boost always helped me, even though I was un-evolved

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Well in light of this, I'm actually working on building what I'm for now calling, "Team Terrible"
    It's going to be a team built of 6 pokemon that are considered to be some of the most awful pokemon.
    I will try and design it for competitive play, but I'm not sure if it'll be good enough to work.

Team Terrible:
    Castform
    Azumarill
    Maractus
    Swalot
    Mawile
    Dunsparce

I'm going to build this team (eventually) and it will be awesome! (hopefully)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    That sounds great :D
    I'm planning to make a run-through of ruby using the most underestimated Pokemon. Actually, that's what the second post is for :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    PC Username: vaporeon7
    Most Underestimated Pokemon: Recently the Emolga I used in my Hall of Fame challenge was heaps good. I'll probably change this later though.

Welcome :D

I've never used an Emolga before, but being the next gen Pikachu it does sound underestimated. Welcome again ^-^

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Very nice, vappy :D

I've got one video to share, it's a Magikarp sweep. It's a fairly risky tactic, and you'll most likely lose a lot more than you will succeed, but here it is anyway. Courtesy of TheKillerNacho (watch with sound off, I did)

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    oh sorry Impo

I guess it's cause she never seen in competive battle in NU and never learns anything worth wasting TMs on.

but on my SS game she helped alot in the gyms, leugue and Red.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    oh sorry Impo

I guess it's cause she never seen in competive battle in NU and never learns anything worth wasting TMs on.

but on my SS game she helped alot in the gyms, leugue and Red.

Sorry? I was merely starting a conversation is all x) .

Oh, I absolutely loved the NU tier in Gen 4. I must admit, I didn't see any Pachirisu's, but my Yanma was the bomb ^-^

Our underestimateds are the most helpful in game aren't they?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    PC Username: AlexOzzyCake
    Most underestimated pokemon: Pachirisu, Piplup or Croagunk (not evolved of course!)

Personally these are three of my favorite Pokemon and as a result three of my most used Pokemon. It's difficult to make some of these guys battle ready, especially for online match-ups, but when you do it's so fulfilling! My current strongest Pokemon for online battles happens to be a Pachirisu and I must add that Grass Knot is an invaluable move for it. A special sweeping Pachirisu is difficult to maintain in battle due to it not having that high of a speed stat and it having very poor offensive stats so it can hardly ever kill something in one hit, but it's usually capable of out lasting at least 2 Pokemon. :)

PS: LOVE Bowser Jr., haha!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Here's one of one of my favourite Pokemon sweeping, Corsola.

Ohh wow, that's impressive o.o I never knew Corsola had that kind of potenital, it knocked out some pretty strong pokemon o.o Wouldn't be too great without that focus sash though... But two questions, what game is that being played on? :s And how the heck does Corsola use Sucker Punch with its clear lack of arms? xD

We should totally make a list of underestimated Pokemon and have a tournament

That would be awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back